Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:09:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BOUNTY][ICO] Deco.Network | Software licenses on the blockchain  (Read 1819 times)
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:49:12 AM

I think it is so cool that you guys are helping open-source developers make money. I don't think people understand how much work goes into open-source code and how many people use it. I think this is a great idea and will incentivize more development.

What coins can you use on deconet?
Exactly... couldn't agree more. Consumers will be able to transact on Deconet in Ethereum or any approved token, including USD pegged stable coins. Additionally Deconet Tokens (DCO) are used for access, bounties, curation, and payment. Check into the whitepaper for more details https://deco.network/whitepaper.pdf

That sounds perfect. Also, thanks for your help and being so responsive. I really appreciate that in a team.  Cheesy

Do you get discounts for using DCO instead of ETH?
Great question! Yes, you get rewarded by paying in DCO.

An additional incentive to keep in mind if you have any projects ready to put on the testnet: (from our whitepaper)
Developers and other community advocates who join the testnet and are active will be put on a special whitelist that enables them to receive a discount at the time of the Token Generation Event (TGE). Our hope is that the entire token allocation for the TGE is taken by developers who are active on our testnet.

It is good to see you guys are rewarding use of DCO. I think that's very important. Also, I will keep that in mind about the discount at TGE. That's an excellent idea as well. When is the TGE?

Details to come - join the Telegram channel to be the first to know! http://t.me/deco_network

I definitely am joining Telegram Cheesy Will you guys also announce it here? I just want to make sure I don't miss out on any of these major announcements. Speaking of which, what are your teams main goals for this quarter?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:15:37 PM

What is the deconet subscription billing that will be coming next quarter? What does it involve?
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:28:23 PM

How successful has the bounty campaign been so far? Are you getting a lot of interest? It's one of the better bounties I've seen.
Thanks for the feedback! The bounty program is picking up speed, but it certainly helps the more people help promote. Would love if you tell all your friends!

I am glad the bounty is becoming successful. I absolutely plan to tell people about it because this project, with enough users, can be very great. The more people who know, the better deconet will become. Also, the rewards for this bounty are well worth it.
seven7seven

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:29:52 PM

For me it looks interesting. Do you have a working prototype of Deco.Network already?
cryptoreadyplay

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:09:58 AM

Sorry, I am not a program developer, I registered my account, but I can't understand your requirements! I'm sorry!

no apology necessary! Will see if I can help. Are you registering with the testnet or the bounty program?
cryptoreadyplay

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:13:01 AM

For me it looks interesting. Do you have a working prototype of Deco.Network already?

Yes! You can sign up for the alpha testnet today at https://app.deco.network. You can submit projects, and you can test out buying a software license using the ropsten testnet.
cryptoreadyplay

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:30:21 AM

I think it is so cool that you guys are helping open-source developers make money. I don't think people understand how much work goes into open-source code and how many people use it. I think this is a great idea and will incentivize more development.

Exactly... couldn't agree more. Consumers will be able to transact on Deconet in Ethereum or any approved token, including USD pegged stable coins. Additionally Deconet Tokens (DCO) are used for access, bounties, curation, and payment. Check into the whitepaper for more details https://deco.network/whitepaper.pdf

That sounds perfect. Also, thanks for your help and being so responsive. I really appreciate that in a team.  Cheesy

An additional incentive to keep in mind if you have any projects ready to put on the testnet: (from our whitepaper)
Developers and other community advocates who join the testnet and are active will be put on a special whitelist that enables them to receive a discount at the time of the Token Generation Event (TGE). Our hope is that the entire token allocation for the TGE is taken by developers who are active on our testnet.

It is good to see you guys are rewarding use of DCO. I think that's very important. Also, I will keep that in mind about the discount at TGE. That's an excellent idea as well. When is the TGE?

Details to come - join the Telegram channel to be the first to know! http://t.me/deco_network

I definitely am joining Telegram Cheesy Will you guys also announce it here? I just want to make sure I don't miss out on any of these major announcements. Speaking of which, what are your teams main goals for this quarter?
Telegram is best, but we will likely be sharing here as well. Focusing on dual licensing and API Commercialization on ETH mainnet this quarter
Hopernumbs

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:30:38 PM

DCO is a utility and U.S. citizens can invest, correct? I thought so, but I just want to verify because a friend asked me.
xoof

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:37:32 PM

I really appreciate how developers will have access via the command line and that Git is compatible. I can tell the Deconet team is experienced. Will you guys be using smart contracts for licensing?

I don't entirely understand the licensing details of Deconet. Will it be utilizing smart contracts?
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:47:24 PM

Do you think a talented developer could work full time on a platform like Deconet?
Yes, that's absolutely the vision for what Deconet is building. We think open source developers should be able to earn a living working from anywhere. Check out this article that explains the model. Also, David Sneider talks a bit about this in his deep dive video interview with Origin.

Also - don't forget to join the conversation on http://t.me/deco_network!

That is definitely the future of development. I really hope Deconet takes off. I see no reason for developers to be confined to any particular location. They should be able to work from anywhere and I believe that Deconet can make that happen.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:55:45 PM

Telegram is best, but we will likely be sharing here as well. Focusing on dual licensing and API Commercialization on ETH mainnet this quarter

What does API Commercialization entail? Do you have a link that explains it for beginners?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Bulltracct

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

So all bounties are paid in your token? If someone wants to post a job they need done, they'd have to first purchase some of your token?
GoBelle

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:51:12 PM

Do you guys have any interesting new partnerships in the works?
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:16:11 PM

So all bounties are paid in your token? If someone wants to post a job they need done, they'd have to first purchase some of your token?

I think I read something about an ETH mainnet, maybe they'll be using ETH?
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:23:46 PM

So will those looking to get code done, could they search job postings in order to pool their resources and make the reward for a particular piece of code that much higher?
tipar

Activity: 170
Merit: 5

Presale is live: BitPenta.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

I see this project is quite good in its composition. and I hope this project can grow rapidly

▰ IGT - CRYPTO EXCHANGE ▰
▰▰▰ IN GOOD TRADERS COMPANY ▰▰▰
https://igt-crypto.io/en/
MarkThief

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:57:16 PM

DCO is a utility and U.S. citizens can invest, correct? I thought so, but I just want to verify because a friend asked me.

I came here to ask exactly this actually.
GoBelle

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:39:57 PM

Hopefully the team has some time soon to answer questions.
cryptoreadyplay

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:43:49 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 10:23:40 PM by cryptoreadyplay

Hi! We are fielding any investment/fundraising questions on our Telegram channel. But you can also enter submit the Token Waiting list application to narrow down eligibility.
cryptoreadyplay

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

I really appreciate how developers will have access via the command line and that Git is compatible. I can tell the Deconet team is experienced. Will you guys be using smart contracts for licensing?

I don't entirely understand the licensing details of Deconet. Will it be utilizing smart contracts?

Yes, Deconet will be utilizing smart contracts to apply licensing to open source projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: