Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASUS B250 Mining Expert Bios Settings for SMOS  (Read 222 times)
healimonster (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:30:25 PM

I recently switched out my motherboard to the ASUS B250 mining expert board. The board works well, but I need help from someone that is running SimpleMining OS (SMOS) from a USB stick. My SMOS USB stick, which worked fine as a bootable drive on the last MOBO, isn't being recognized by the B250 mobo.  The board can recognize a Windows 10 SATA drive and boot from that just fine but I need some help to get it to boot from the USB drive.

Does anyone know the proper bios settings to get the B250 to recognize the USB drive and be able to boot from it?

Thanks for any help
Bimmber

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:32:33 PM

Have you tried disconnecting SATA drive completely?

I have had few issues where boot priority in BIOS doesn`t want to work and it still boots from SATA drive. I then disconnected it and it then booted from USB stick. Not your mobo, but same problem.
healimonster (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:38:57 PM

Have you tried disconnecting SATA drive completely?
Thanks for the response. I started out with only the USB drive attached and it wouldn't boot from that and it wouldn't boot from the SATA drive until I made some bios settings changes but I have not removed the SATA drive since it was able to recognize the drive. I will try that but the USB drive should show up in the priority list. Right now the SATA drive shows up and then IPV4 and IPV6 booting options.
Bimmber

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:41:49 PM

I assume you tried different USB stick or different USB port?
healimonster (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:47:25 PM

I assume you tried different USB stick or different USB port?
I have not tried a different USB stick because it worked fine a couple days ago on a different motherboard but I did try using different USB ports.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: