Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Update Problem on mining rigs....  (Read 931 times)
igotek (OP)

Activity: 2058
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:15:01 PM

Windows Update is disabled but Windows updates itself automatically. I tried all of the tricks on the google, but no help. Do you have any trouble with the windows 10 updates ?

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:50:46 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 11:00:50 PM by Bare
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Yeah I totally feel you, I've been there,
you can't disable windows updates in win 10 just like that as you did in earlier windows,
unless you use a very useful windows tool called "Local Group Policy Editor"

you can find it in search by typing "gpedit"

Once you open it, navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

Select, edit and set state of "Configure Automatic Updates" policy setting to Disabled

Also if you're having problems with windows updates constantly updating your graphic card drivers and/or other programs without your permission, such as in scenario where you have older cards like fiji running in your rig which have best equihash hashrate on 16.7.3 drivers
Then you should set "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" policy setting to Enabled

You won't have windows updates bother you anymore, EVER!
rascao

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:29:36 PM

for me, only disabling the services windows update on services.msc do the trick just fine
Zeth0

Activity: 7
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:40:37 PM

Try setting your connection as "Metered Connection" and active time from 6AM to 12AM.

That works for me.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:55:45 PM

Windows Update is disabled but Windows updates itself automatically. I tried all of the tricks on the google, but no help. Do you have any trouble with the windows 10 updates ?

I hope you are using the Windows 10 OS. Pre-installs Windows Update Assistant will be always update the OS if you disable via Windows update center settings too. Please go to Uninstall a Program tool and unistall the 'Windows Update Assistant' and then go to disable the update forever.

Better advice if you flashdrive with you. Flash it for Hive OS start mining and monitor via remote dekstop.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

Easy trick to disable Windows Update in Windows 10 is to set the Wsus Settings to local host---

Are you good in group polocies ?
If not PM Me i send you an how to to do this

dear

dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:58:24 PM

The only way to block it is to go into the services make sure windows update is disabled THEN AND MOST IMPORTANT click logon tab select bottom button add administrator as the login then PUT IN A WRONG PASSWORD and save.  Then when it tries to start it can't.  This is the only way to block updates 100%.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

10 Windows is really constantly updated. I have tried everything. But there is software which makes changes to the Windows registry and this problem is solved. My friend told me to install it remotely it's via. I haven't had this much trouble for a year now. There are services that are professionally engaged in setting rigs. A contact there.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:41:20 PM

Mining on linux is 100x better than Windows. Just switch to a proper OS and you dont have to worry about this headache.

I have a single customer in my DC that runs windows miners and the forced creator update last week almost broke my network.

Needless to say we now have a policy that all GPU miners must be linux based.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:42:00 PM

It looks like Win 10 has (recently) finessed their update policy. Previously, you could block and manually update through one of the group policy win update options (#2).

Now, when you manually update there is a new proviso displayed, Microsoft will update (specific?) functions anyway if not updating interferes with the smooth operation of Windows.

I think this is ok, as long as it's a required, critical security fix. This new finesse maybe related to the recent discovery of intel and AMD processor security problems.

I'm assuming also that the ability to block new drivers is still intact.
Dannyh2

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

Honestly i don't know why everyone is using Windows....

Just switch to Linux, have a headache for 2 days and after that you will never go back  Grin
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:22:45 PM

Working with Windows is a great challenge, i like it! btw it works perfectly.
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:33:24 PM

ohhh... just open gpedit.msc find Windows Update under Administrative Templates, change Windows Update policy to disabled and run "gpupdate /force" => that's it
Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

ohhh... just open gpedit.msc find Windows Update under Administrative Templates, change Windows Update policy to disabled and run "gpupdate /force" => that's it

Exactly!

I mean seriously, did anyone read my post at all? It can't be that hard to follow it...
igotek (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:59:51 PM

I did all the things. Some of the rigs are fine: no update. But most of them updated again Sad

So I decided to switch from win to linux. I dont want to use Simple Mining because it is mainly for AMD GPUs. I have only NVIDIA GPUS. and I need all of the ccminer forks. HiveOs is a good mining system for NVIDIA GPUS because it has all ccminer forks.

I hope you are using the Windows 10 OS. Pre-installs Windows Update Assistant will be always update the OS if you disable via Windows update center settings too. Please go to Uninstall a Program tool and unistall the 'Windows Update Assistant' and then go to disable the update forever.

Better advice if you flashdrive with you. Flash it for Hive OS start mining and monitor via remote dekstop.

I have switched my 12 rigs to HiveOs. There are more 2 rigs to be switched.

There is a big problem:

all of the rigs are mining but seems offline on hiveos.farm web site. The internet connection is fine. No connection problem. I have double checked my internet connection. I found a solution.:

-Power off the rig.
-Power on the rig.
-Type "hello" and hit the enter.
-It fails because of limited connection time (after 4 seconds, it fails.)
-Type "hello" and hit the enter.
-It fails because of limited connection time (after 4 seconds, it fails.)
-Power off the rig.
-Power on the rig.
-Type "hello" and hit the enter. You will see "Touching /tmp/.hive-hello-ok" message.
-All of the rigs are online !

Just follow these steps on a rig. No need to dothem on all of the rigs. Only one rig and BAM ! All rigs are online.

But it s so strange that all of the rigs will go offline again in 20 minutes.

How could I fix the problem Huh

igotek (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:03:31 AM

Yeah I totally feel you, I've been there,
you can't disable windows updates in win 10 just like that as you did in earlier windows,
unless you use a very useful windows tool called "Local Group Policy Editor"

you can find it in search by typing "gpedit"

Once you open it, navigate to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

Select, edit and set state of "Configure Automatic Updates" policy setting to Disabled

Also if you're having problems with windows updates constantly updating your graphic card drivers and/or other programs without your permission, such as in scenario where you have older cards like fiji running in your rig which have best equihash hashrate on 16.7.3 drivers
Then you should set "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates" policy setting to Enabled

You won't have windows updates bother you anymore, EVER!

Your solution is good. The other thing in the google and people says are worthless.Because i tried all of them. But i dont know why some of the rigs keeps receiving updates.

IndieMiner

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:11:40 AM

That's exactly why I had to resort back to Win 7. I had a seriously capped internet service at a very remote location and the constant updates were killer!

Will be checking this thread to see if you get this figured out.... would be very helpful to know. Good luck!

❱❱❱❱  INDIEMINER | PC MINING MADE EASY  ❱❱❱❱
One-click-mining GUI's for existing mining apps
Website/Download: http://www.indieminer.com
Spill

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:20:49 AM

I was thinking of trying that "Glasswire" gui easy firewall, has anyone tried it, does it take alot of cpu ticks?
I pretty sure this firewall cuts off windows completely from the mothership(AKA) Microsoft.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

The problem you encountered the same happened to me; it happened last week, which caused the speed of the rate from 28 mhs down to 22 mhs. I use Rx 480 (4gb) for mining etc.

when it happens, I installed atikmdag patcher-bios patcher to restore its speed to its original state.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:16:37 AM

There is nothing you can do. You just need to let it update.

I tried most of the above. It seemed to work but eventually every rig started the windows update anyways.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██