Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now?  (Read 1144 times)
MasterMoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

Yes it is just to make sure you will secure your private key and use metamask if you are using MEW just for more security so you can assure that your funds there are safe. As much as possible avoid using private key when you want to open your MEW to minimize the risk on losing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

No problem with MEW. I think it is safe until now. I have not had any problems
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:39:05 PM

Yes, it is safe as before. I see no reason to worry about MEW, as long as you are careful on your side and keep you private key secure.

laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:40:38 PM

Mew is safe if you use your ETH address in opening it instead of your private key. I suggest you download and use metamask because it is much safer to use. You will create an account for this after that you can open your eth without entering your private key or ETH address.
Yes it is safe just save the private keys but you know their is a risks since it is an online wallet. Some has the issues on mew with regards of stolen token though they are not a victim of phishing online. Better use a wallet like ledger it has more feedback secured coins and safe because you are the only one can access the device.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:47:26 PM

Yes I still believe MEW is safe to use but if you are doubt, there are other erc20 wallet you can use.
As for me I always use metamask and it is easy to use, maybe you can give it a trial.

Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:15:10 PM

By looking at the site now, we are faced with several warnings of restrictions and safety recommendations, i believe it was a big step for investors and even for developers, the last hack scare motivated to the improvement. I am using it correctly and safely, but in my opinion we have already experienced hacking issues and should use caution, principally with Ledger.
quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:34:10 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

its still safe. the site is protected. you just need to protect your private key and you are all good. I still used mew and only mew. easy to use and support almost all erc20 tokens.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

You have nothing to worry about, it is just a fork of MEW, we see software being fork everytime, Bitcoin has been fork and that doesn't mean is not safe to use, eEtherDelta was just fork also and both platforms are online, just decide which of the two wallet best suit your need and offer best security
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:38:59 PM

I don't know when the split happened in the myetherwallet support team and for me it always working well recently I logged into my MEW where all of my funds are totally safe.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:41:51 PM

It's quite a safe service that works very well and all the gossip that today go around this project is really just gossip and nothing more. So use as long as you can. Of course, all systems are not perfect, so while it is secure use
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:55:46 PM

Of course the team behind the mew will remain the same,few idiots from the mycrypto would run that site,but the core team behind mew will remail the same.We shouldnt be worried because these people are working for our wallet's security long enough.They wont give us any problem with that forking of employees,it depends on you if you are going to use mycrypto which is potential scam than the all time favorite myetherwallet.

Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:03:05 PM

MEW is still safe to use in my opinion, although you can use either of the two platforms, i think it will continue to be until such a time if there will ever be, when there is any kind of risk associated with using it, and i think the team would let the users know if that happens.

darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:07:30 PM

Yes mew is still safe but I suggest you use metamask it is much safer and more secured. And in opening MEW I suggest that you just use only your ETH address not your private key it will prevent you from being hack by hackers. Just take care in opening in MEW.

3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:18:06 PM

MEW is still safe to use in my opinion, although you can use either of the two platforms, i think it will continue to be until such a time if there will ever be, when there is any kind of risk associated with using it, and i think the team would let the users know if that happens.
I agree with you completely. I checked my wallet recently and observed that all my coins were carefully secured without any sort of problem whatsoever. I fully trust MEW at the moment just like I have believed in them for quite a long time. As others have stated, if you lost coins to hackers by sharing your private keys and downloading viruses, it is completely on you. I suggest metamask which is easily one of the best ways to secure your coins and accessing them through your private key is also recommended.

reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:27:21 PM

its still safe. the site is protected. you just need to protect your private key and you are all good. I still used mew and only mew. easy to use and support almost all erc20 tokens.

MEW is the best wallet to be considered and safe. Also its supporting of ERC 20  token makes it more special and majority of the users I think would be preferring this wallet only as it is easy and convenient for everybody to use and buy/sell coins.

The Crypto Revolution

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:29:43 PM

Ive used MEW plenty of times since the split and I have had no problems at all, I like to use it with my Metamask.
imperatron

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:31:49 PM

It is still safe to use MEW, but you should store you Ethereum and tokens on a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S to secure your invests. I used Myetherwallet the last 2 weeks and I dont had any problems.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

it was safe and it is safe now to use, i think. The best option is to always use an HARDWARE wallet, linked to MyEtherWallet website, in order to truly encrypt your private keys and not to worry about anything, anyway

cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Myetherwallet has always been safe to use.  I would stick with using MEW rather than use mycrypto.com.  I didn't like how mycrypto hijacked the MEW twitter account when the split occurred.  Good thing MEW was able to get back their account.  
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:34:18 PM

For me it is still safe, because ever since I started using MyEtherWallet i've never experienced being hacked by somebody else, All my tokens are still intact there. I think the only one who gets hack by someone is they put info's into phishing site. So becareful to everybody check the link first before putting your private key.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: