Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:26:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now?  (Read 1147 times)
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:36:13 PM

MEW is the safest wallet for ethereum and erc20 tokens and it is proven and tested for years,so why would the team destroy their repuations? are you willing to risk to the mycrypto website?isntead of the most recommended myetherwallet.com wallet? its your choice but for me mew will still be my first choice because it has been there for years.

cryptomngr

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:41:57 PM

Of course it is the most safest wallet for ethereum and erc20 tokens,this is the most trusted and proven wallet of all time.People doesnt have to worry about because they can easily create wallets for free,if there will be some doubts that will for mycrypto wallet which is being run by some greedy people who stole the twitter account of mew.

santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:43:18 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?
MEW or myetherwallet is always safe, before and now.
MEW wallet get into dangerous moment if you cant protect your own self!
protect? yes if you cant make private your keys! or accidentally shared it! so be careful
manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:44:56 PM

It's definitely safe, as long as you yourself stay protected. From keyloggers, phishing links, etc.
blazingshockwave

Activity: 173

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:53:42 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?
Yes it is safe to use MyEtherWallet with Ledger Nano because you cannot open the wallet without your hardware.  Make sure to have a back up for pass phrase just in case you lost your device.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:57:23 PM

It's definitely safe, as long as you yourself stay protected. From keyloggers, phishing links, etc.

Very often a victim is guilty for the fact that its coins were stolen. You always need to be careful. And you should be three times more careful if you work with crypto.

cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:01:45 PM

Of course it is the safest wallet for your ethereum and erc20 based tokens ,and it is being recommended by most of the experts out there.There are no issues about using this wallet,i have been using it for about 1.5years without any problem.The people who stole mew's twitter account would be the one you should be afraid of because if they can do it to their team definitely they will do it to users.

Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:07:49 PM

I'm using MEW. After the split there were no problems. Owners conduct a court case, but the work of the service is not negative.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:11:43 PM

Of course,there is nothing to worry about with mew because it has been there for a long time,on the other hand you should worry about using mycrypto wallet because if they stole the twitter account of mew,they can do it with the users wallet in the future.They shouldnt be supported by the community because these people are very unprofessional.

sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:00:50 AM

Myetherwallet is safe only if you do as they advise you to. I don't think the split can have an effect on the safety of the site. It is just going to create a tight competition between them and none of them will plan that but maybe it could be series of possible ddos attacks from both sides.
If you still doubt, stick to their advice: use metamask and login with metamask keys on myetherwallet's site.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:07:58 AM

I don't see any reason to doubt about MyEtherWallet safety. The most important is to have a strong password and to never share the private key.
Beware also of those scam emails pretenting to be MEW.
rupesh2

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 01:10:46 AM

with ledger nano s you can use mew , no issue at all , bcoz it is hardware wallet and you are not sharing your key with mew .
if anyone dont have ledger then use metamask .
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:00:44 AM

MEW is pretty much safe. Just make sure that you get a hardware wallet and then use it with conjunction with MEW. Hardware wallet keeps the pvt keys within itself and hence they cannot be stolen even in case of phishing attempts of in case your computer gets hacked.
The OP need not to worry at all since he is even making use of a cold storage. The only thing he will need to be careful with is not making any transaction on a phishing site, moreover, since he does not need his private key to do any transaction and all he needs is the cold storage, then he should have no issue with his funds not being secured but MEW is still very active without any changes.

Just did a fee transaction and everything looks fina as usual. As long as the private key is safe!
I have been doing series of transactions using meta mask, and I have had no problem as well, and since he is using a cold storage where the keys are store inside of the device itself, I am sure he should not even be bothered at all. Anyone who should be bothered should probably be those who are making use of their private keys to log in, but even at that, MEW is still very intact.
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:04:14 AM

I still use mew. you do not have to worry, mew pretty good and safe I guess.
and we can while looking at the development of the mew and other wallets. the possibility of disputes will have a negative impact
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:17:01 AM

I always use MEW and I trust this purse, even the disintegration of the team does not bother me much, I know that guys are doing an excellent product, reliable and protected  Cool.. if there is a chance to lose their tokens, then only because of their carelessness and imprudence !!! Cheesy > Wink
karik1987

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:19:41 AM

solasene, MEV is a very reliable product ... xhun, ospezasit as mentioned above, use MetaMask and LegerNano ... be calm for your tokens! Tongue
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:22:19 AM

yes, I read the split happened to developer mew, but until now, mew is still used by most members here. I think it's still safe and will stay safe.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:30:16 AM

the most important thing is you didn't log in through phising site and keep your private key in safe place
also do not tell your private key to anybody, this will make your mew account safe

Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:14:22 PM

MyEtherWallet ist just an user-interface to the blockchain so it wouldn't even matter if MEW would disappear as long as you've still got your private-key/keystore-file.
In general it's safe to use. However you may increase your security by using a local version so there's no possibility of MEW's servers getting compromised.

I wrote this two guides about improving your security:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822325.msg28909433#msg28909433

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3002655.msg30874759#msg30874759

Regards,
Nestade

Following that logic one should be able to use your key you got from generating Myerherwallet at the new site Mycrypto, or anyother interface to the blockchain you trust.

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:18:26 PM

There is a way to use it offline. you can use mew in offline mode. Or you can connect to mew with trezor hardware wallet. Hardware wallets are a little bit expensive but still they deserve their prices. Many people keep so much money in their mew wallets but dosent buy hardware wallets...

turn the page
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: