Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:19:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now?  (Read 1147 times)
LUCKY21

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

If you correctly approach security, then tokens can be stored on any purse. If we talk about MEW, the main thing is not to tell anyone your private key. And then your tokens will be safe.
taongam

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:26:30 PM

Never had any problems with MEW. Its simply secure, and verifiably secure. The github source cannot be hacked. And all operations signing Tx can be done offline
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:29:28 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

I keep using myetherwallet and still consider them the safest option in combination with ledger nano s. Don't buy into that bs spread by taylor leaving company, she's eligible for law suit for what she did
ilya_gr

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:31:54 PM

If they don`t have your Private Key, how can it be unsafe?It just depends on you not visiting phishing and losing your pk.
Correct me, if I`m not right at all
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

Never had any problems with MEW. Its simply secure, and verifiably secure. The github source cannot be hacked. And all operations signing Tx can be done offline

Me too, but IMO a hacker can access MEW without big problems using a trojan... Therefor MEW is not much more secure than an exchange IMO. Please correct if i am wrong

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Agent99

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:36:51 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

If you open MYetherwallt you will find out there is a content in that site that write: "please check LC in the topic and address bar and please check the right spelling of writing" ok, If you check this cases Myetherwallet be safe for you.
PaPog

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:46:28 PM

It's still safe even now, i'm still using MEW even now.
There are a lot of news that saying MEW has been hacked,
I don't think it's true, because My MEW is working fine until now.
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:50:05 PM

i find mew good to use. i heard humors of hacking but it is a personal mistake in which they do not take care of their private keys or phising sites. it always depends on the user.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:56:06 PM

Now I am trying to avoid MyEtherWallet. Of course I keep there some funds but part of them I transferred into Metamask and MyCrypto. I don’t think that the split in the management of this service is a good sign.
goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

The development teams are working and doing everything possible to keep our wallets safe. MEW is a secure wallet, but you should always check the URL address and follow all security the precautions.
Hank3

Activity: 458
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:10:22 PM

MEW was always safe to use unless you were tricked by a phishing site. I've been using it for a long time and never had any problem. But it is very important to do as they advise you to.
Lacettivod

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:18:52 PM

I think that the news about the split of the team will not affect the safety of MEW use in any way. Today, this wallet is used by so many people that it is impossible to imagine the consequences of break-ins and vulnerabilities.
I myself continue to use the wallet MyEtherWallet. Although many friends began to use MyCrypto.
While I don't understand what is the fundamental difference.

focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:21:15 PM

That split doesn't affect the safety of the wallet. Afterall, MEW is not even a wallet, is simply an interface that allows you to access the blockchain.
screwUdriver

Activity: 346

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:28:27 PM

If you correctly approach security, then tokens can be stored on any purse. If we talk about MEW, the main thing is not to tell anyone your private key. And then your tokens will be safe.
The Ledger Nano S is one of the best and easiest cryptocurrency hardware wallets.It supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies, but this guide is specifically made for using it with Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens using MyEtherWallet
andthereyou

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:40:18 AM

As long as there is no report of wallets getting hacked or a news about it then it is safe to assumed that it is still safe. I have used myetherwallet a few days ago and my eth and tokens still intact.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:50:09 AM

As far my understanding if we are using myetherwallet or other doesn’t make any difference because finally private key or Json file matters. I am using same wallet private key in myetherwallet, mist and eidoo wallet.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:53:55 AM

As far my understanding if we are using myetherwallet or other doesn’t make any difference because finally private key or Json file matters. I am using same wallet private key in myetherwallet, mist and eidoo wallet.
Eidoo wallet may considered safe due to Ive tried using this wallet I can say it is safe. On myetherwallet the risks is so huge because some got lose their eth. Better used hardware wallet is good and secured all your coins.
RYXES

Activity: 140

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:13:08 PM

MEW is good but get the hardware to work with it and then you're sorted.

Merit me or don't.
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

Your myetherwallet would be safe if you're careful on keeping your public and private key.
The only wallet I have is MyEtherWallet so now I don't have to worry about the hacks and hijacks because I've been keeping my keys into the most secure place that only myself knows.
Soon, I will buy my first hardware wallet that should be Ledger Nano S to keep my Crypto asset secure and safe.
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:20:10 PM

Eidoo wallet may considered safe due to Ive tried using this wallet I can say it is safe. On myetherwallet the risks is so huge because some got lose their eth. Better used hardware wallet is good and secured all your coins.

I doubted Eidoo is more secure than MyEtherWallet but anyway, Eidoo is a good one but I am only using MyEtherWallet since the beginning and it's the only wallet I have now since I abandoned the other one because it was full of shit coins came from useless shit airdrops.
Soon I will use Eidoo as well but not this time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: