Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:51:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now?  (Read 1147 times)
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:27:44 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

It should be safe to use Mew with ledger since ledger don’t disclose your private key to the browser. However, always check whether you are on the real Mew website as there are too many phishing websites around.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

I always keep tokens based on smart contract ethereum more often using MEW than others because in my opinion I have been using MEW still safe.

e@symode

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:31:12 PM

I can not say anything about the security of MEW yet, but I've never noticed anything wrong with the safety of this wonderful wallet, I think that you should just be more attentive to some details, for example, to exactly where you go to the right site you have come.
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:32:56 PM

Im keeping my coin on hardware wallets Trezor and Ledger nano S but for Ico token Im using MyEtherWallet and Im fully satisfied with its safety.Just try to avoid fishing sites.
Nitroali
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

#41 Haga

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 06:34:09 PM

I think MEW is still safe, but a valid alternative could be Metamask , probably better than MEW.
Try it !

😁
tumokatok

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:05:06 PM

Just did a fee transaction and everything looks fina as usual. As long as the private key is safe!

when login try only use json file do not use private key because login using json file is more secure than using private key. I think MEW is very safe for me to use as long as you can be careful when using it and do not forget to bookmark link MEW
Lilmon

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:08:41 PM

Nope, but the reason is completely different and that is those using Google's dns servers might get hacked if they visited the myetherwallet website. This is one of the issues of web wallets, that one is always at risk of getting hacked and losing all his coins due to no reason of his. For now I will say to stay away from MEW.
MaMoNt

Activity: 209

ICO starting on 16th of April!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:18:17 PM

I heard that this wallet was attacked by hackers. I was very upset. Previously it seemed to me that this is a very reliable wallet. Beginners should be careful now.

》  ZPER  ▐|   DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM for P2P FINANCE
◣   Whitepaper   ◤   Main-sale 16th Apr   ◥   One Pager   ◢
▐|    Facebook   ||   Twitter   ||   Telegram   ||   Youtube    |▌
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

If you are not using Google DNS than its safe for you. But also you can use mycrypto.com its now more safe then myetherwallet.
DNS servers are hijacked soo you cannot be sure when its safe to use mew again. (You must check certificate to be sure that you are using real mew)

sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:22:24 PM

Safe or not will depend on us. It is our job to make our own account safer. MEW is still the best for me.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:24:31 PM

I heard that this wallet was attacked by hackers. I was very upset. Previously it seemed to me that this is a very reliable wallet. Beginners should be careful now.
Classical attack. Not MEW is guilty. Any company can be hijacked such. But MEW is very popular and hacker choose the excellent goal for substitution
Neymar11

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

For me MEW is still safe because I am for now I am still safe all my personal data, I hope it will be safe always for the future later. And for me if the matter is safe it depends on the user negligence.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:25:48 PM

I would suggest buying a hardware wallet asap and stop using private keys because those are easily hacked or phished. I was the victim of one a long while ago and quickly learned my lesson to buy a ledger nano.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 06:41:32 PM

I think for now there is nothing to worry so much about MEW unless your Private key is compromised. What ever dispute they are having now does not affect  MEW. Anyway I am wondering why the news about MEW is coming now that MEW has just recovered, why not during the dip. We should be very careful with our wallet information now because hackers are out on the street of crypto city.

HOMT