Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:41:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now?  (Read 1144 times)
fransupran

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:23:00 AM

I do not know if MEW is really safe, but my MEW has been hacked by someone who is not responsible and loses some coin.
Is there any way we can be safe while using MEW and avoid hackers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cahgantenx

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:31:45 AM

Be careful in accessing MEW website because it is prone to phishing and hacking. Make sure that the original MEW Website is in the bookmark and do not let your Private Key be known. I think this time MEW looks safe
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:46:42 AM

As of now, I have not logged in yet in my MEW account because of a recent Google DNS breach strategy by the hackers in which around 215 Ether were stolen from multiple accounts and were transferred in different accounts. The best advice that they had for us to login with MEW is that we should switch our DNS from Google to Cloudflare.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:57:40 AM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

Ofcourse it is safe, ledger is a hard wallet wallet they cant access your wallet without the actual hardware. And about the Google DNS breach you can still be able to log in safely to MEW if you can see that the URL is secured because you'll know if it is a phishing site when the url is not secured with red color
clonedone

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:59:33 AM

Yes it is, but there is no need to enter your wallet very often to check the balance. You can use etherscan io for this. You also need to check the Mew domain when you go to the site to make sure that it's original, but it's better to add it to the bookmarks.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:01:05 AM

I use MEW all the time with MetaMask. I would not recommend using MEW on its own as that would be a less safe option since you would opening yourself up to people trying to steal your private key or password.

nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:01:18 AM

Mew is a good tool to create ethereum and token wallet. So it is not necessary to use myetherwallet only if you want to make a transaction. You have access to your tokens, you have private key and you can use it anywhere.
When you see messages about hacking or something else, you can just not log in your wallet or do it on another resource. If you want to check balance - just use ethplorer. And no need to worry about this.

Thanks for this good information.
For some days, I'm not brave to open my MEW, just to ensure that it is safe.
I just can check the balance that I have and fortunately it is okay.
But, I have not tried to login into my MEW maybe until this problem is clear.
Will look forward to the further information about this.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:37:15 AM

I use MEW all the time with MetaMask. I would not recommend using MEW on its own as that would be a less safe option since you would opening yourself up to people trying to steal your private key or password.

You're right. Myetherwallet is safe to use but you would be more secured using it with the metatask extension which has been provided with it on the websit. MEW is actually one of the best wallets out there and they have actually said the hack was not a fault of theirs but regardless of that they still went on and fixed it al in time. I would always use MEW.

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:45:40 AM

As of now, I have not logged in yet in my MEW account because of a recent Google DNS breach strategy by the hackers in which around 215 Ether were stolen from multiple accounts and were transferred in different accounts. The best advice that they had for us to login with MEW is that we should switch our DNS from Google to Cloudflare.

Does anyone know whether this DNS attack now got solved? I do not dare in the moment to log into MEW, even I would need to do some transactions. How does it work to switch DNS from Google to Cloudflare? Any advise appreciated.
coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:05:19 AM

Mew is a good tool to create ethereum and token wallet. So it is not necessary to use myetherwallet only if you want to make a transaction. You have access to your tokens, you have private key and you can use it anywhere.
When you see messages about hacking or something else, you can just not log in your wallet or do it on another resource. If you want to check balance - just use ethplorer. And no need to worry about this.

Thanks for this good information.
For some days, I'm not brave to open my MEW, just to ensure that it is safe.
I just can check the balance that I have and fortunately it is okay.
But, I have not tried to login into my MEW maybe until this problem is clear.
Will look forward to the further information about this.
MEW is safe and hadn't been hacked as explained by Devs. The loophole is on the google chrome and had been used to collect private keys from users in the moment of the DDos Attack. I think the best toole to protect yourself from malwares and hackers is to use MEW offline.
icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:53:29 AM

Mew itself is pretty secure. An address of 40 hexadecimal digits. Corresponds to a serial key also includes 40 hexadecimal digits. So hacking the serial key is extremely hard. So the case of serial key loss mainly due to the carelessness of the user
vihang200

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:50:37 AM

The development teams are working and doing everything possible to keep our wallets safe. MEW is a secure wallet, but you should always check the URL address and follow all security the precautions.
acord00

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:57:23 AM

I also use MEW, so far I feel that I am safe in using MEW. My wallet has never been stolen or robbed and I also do not expect it to happen. Which can make our MEW wallet safe or not, yes we own. When we apply all the security with complete then our wallet will be safe. But, if we are careless especially in storing passwords that are not careful then it will bring harm to our own. Lastly, we must monitor the safety of our MEW wallet regularly to keep it safe.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

MEW is always safe to use I know this very well, just the user of MeW is expected to be vigilant and make sure they are not logging in to phisy site.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Ayamj

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:13:09 AM

i have been using MEW for two years now nothing. people should learn to stop clicking links anyhow, it leads to hacking
The Alchemlst

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 06:31:51 AM

Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

So far for two years that I have been using myetherwallet up to this moment I haven't had any issues specially regarding my fund's security issues. It has been doing well and I don't think they will let their credibility be tarnished now that they are well established in the cryptocurrency community.

rairaimotobike

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:50:55 AM

MyEtherWallet is always safe to use because it is the most popular wallet for ERC20 holders like me.
almost all of my altcoins are ERC20 so I am using MyEtherWallet since I joined this forum and started to participate airdrops and bounty campaigns.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:55:33 AM

if you use MyEtherWallet login with Metamask or even better Ledger or Trezor you are quite safe because you have to confirm every transactions.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:57:07 AM

As the split between the team behind MEW then I switch to MyCrypto.com. Its from the creators of the established MyEtherWallet this new web browser wallets made me few safer, faster than MEW alot beside huge scam and phishing MEW website

littlemonny

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:09:10 PM

The development teams are working and doing everything possible to keep our wallets safe. MEW is a secure wallet, but you should always check the URL address and follow all security the precautions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: