Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 01:29:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you consider a new discrete professional Bitcoin service for the UK?  (Voting closed: October 04, 2013, 03:46:24 PM)
Yes: Bank Deposit. - 3 (60%)
Yes: Cash in Post. - 1 (20%)
Yes: Nochex (will research its feesabiltity) - 0 (0%)
Yes: Other (Please list in your post reply what method) - 0 (0%)
No: Already been done, Nub... - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about creating a new Bitcoin payment service in the UK  (Read 504 times)
ebitcoins.co.uk (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 03:46:24 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 03:59:58 PM by ebitcoins.co.uk

Hi, I'll try keep this short Wink

I'm just doing a little market research here and I appreciate your input if you choose to help: I like most others have been following BTCitcoin since more or less the start.
I've done many trades on the likes of Locals and Bitbargain etc; so I'm thinking of setting up my own payment service for the trading of buying and selling from me to others and vice versa.
All legit; I will pay my taxes Cry sigh; lol.

» Service will be available from 6am - 12pm so trading throughout the day and I will also offer a mobile contact number for other times and instant sales.[/b]

» I will include as many Payment methods I think are viable (as we know scams are frequent), mainly bank deposits and even cash in the post, but the usual big no to PayPal and CC's for obvious reasons; but PayPal will become an option for regular and trusted Users Roll Eyes.
» Rates will be incredibly competitive as although a professional service will be offered, because of my situation profit is actually not the aim, as you can appreciate; I will need to cover my costs!
» I will limit it eventually to X amount of registered users if it kicks off, that way I can prevent scams, I hope Tongue

So I'm wondering how much interest there will be to see if its going to be worth it all the hassle!

I kept up with the likes of BitcoinFridge from when they 1st came online trading, I had exact same idea for a while but real life has restricted me until now.
I know its been done before, hence this research,
thanks in advance for your input.

And would a non newbie or Moderator kindly make this post known on regular forums, pretty please Kiss

ebitcoins.co.uk

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:58:40 AM

Good luck with your project man.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 02:34:54 PM

Great to hear this! Have you studied the laws and regulations related to the digital currency in England?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 02:37:09 PM

I think you will need a lawyer to help you implement this legally.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:16:20 AM

for sure, i would run this by someone with a legal background to see what kind of legal/compliance hassles you are looking at and what that will add to your overhead costs.  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: