Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avoid auto-buy links, mainly locked or self moderated. Register before dealing  (Read 77702 times)
MiLkz

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

Can we ask the mods to stickie this? I think this is quite important and I've seen this quite rampantly in the past.

They can, but I would rather they do something to fix the problem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gr8fuldea

Activity: 136
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:28:38 PM

Can we ask the mods to stickie this? I think this is quite important and I've seen this quite rampantly in the past.

With something as simple as restricting the ability to lock and self-moderate to member and above only? Or better yet, removing those abilities altogether in this particular forum which has no need of them? Nah....to easy Cheesy
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1921
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:46:26 PM

I think what they need to do is ban these clowns like other forums do.  Yes, they can come back under another alt but at least it keeps them off balance.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:47:17 PM

With something as simple as restricting the ability to lock and self-moderate to member and above only? Or better yet, removing those abilities altogether in this particular forum which has no need of them? Nah....to easy Cheesy

THAT would solve 90% of the problem.
fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:48:59 PM

THAT would solve 90% of the problem.

This is never going to happen though...remember this is a forum where buying and selling accounts is legal lol
merchantking

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:30:11 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 07:48:10 PM by merchantking

Ban sales of software entirely. It is illegal to resell anyways lol all the prices on this forum are too good to be true & the keys won't last a "lifetime" Adobe & Microsoft will eventually BLOCK ALL the keys sold here. Same rules apply on Ebay & Amazon. You can trust Amazon if the keys are sold directly by Amazon but do not trust the sellers on Amazon.

For those who purchase keys at their own risk, avoid the following resellers:
1. Resellers with little to no knowledge of basic English
2. Resellers that do not answer EVERY question. Most do not answer the question: "Are the adobe keys UNREGISTERED?"
3. Resellers who do not offer Escrow
4. Avoid the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Asian International resellers even if their English is perfect.
5. Resellers who do not provide proof that the keys are not MSDN keys.

I recommend talking to a Microsoft/Adobe agent on their websites. They can verify the keys but I would not trust their word 100% either since some of the live chat agents are just as ignorant as the buyers on this forum.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:32:15 AM

Ban sales of software entirely. It is illegal to resell anyways lol all the prices on this forum are too good to be true & the keys won't last a "lifetime" Adobe & Microsoft will eventually BLOCK ALL the keys sold here. Same rules apply on Ebay & Amazon. You can trust Amazon if the keys are sold directly by Amazon but do not trust the sellers on Amazon.

2. Resellers that do not answer EVERY question. Most do not answer the question: "Are the adobe keys UNREGISTERED?"
4. Avoid the Chinese, Vietnamese, and Asian International resellers even if their English is perfect.

I recommend talking to a Microsoft/Adobe agent on their websites. They can verify the keys but I would not trust their word 100% either since some of the live chat agents are just as ignorant as the buyers on this forum.

true dat!
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:29:18 AM

Just to rebut some things here, though I am not saying I am for them,
1. English is not a prerequisite to being trust worthy.
2. If you were a merchant and have thousands of questions everyday and your customers don't know how to back read, lets see you answer all of them. What do you mean by the "unregistered" though, don't see the relevance.
3. Some sellers don't really need an escrow to deal, assuming they are trust worthy already.
4. Racist much?
5. You can expect the keys to be something illegal or a gray area one.

I'd stay stick with the rule, "if it is too good to be true, it probably is" and "you get what you pay for".
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:47:06 AM

Did someone declare MARCH as "SCAM MONTH"?    They are just crawling out of the woodwork like termites ... or cockroaches.

Oh they're always around but sometimes it seems like they comes in waves. These sketchy autobuy link and lock the thread newbies have been around for years and it's so obvious that they're going to scam you. The problem with scams coming in waves is that newbie's also come in waves and are very naive.

You aren't shopping for a new pair of shoes with a credit card on bitcointalk. They fail to see the difference in these types of transactions, which is unfortunate.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:16:00 AM

Did someone declare MARCH as "SCAM MONTH"?    They are just crawling out of the woodwork like termites ... or cockroaches.

Oh they're always around but sometimes it seems like they comes in waves. These sketchy autobuy link and lock the thread newbies have been around for years and it's so obvious that they're going to scam you. The problem with scams coming in waves is that newbie's also come in waves and are very naive.

You aren't shopping for a new pair of shoes with a credit card on bitcointalk. They fail to see the difference in these types of transactions, which is unfortunate.

Yeah, they've been here probably even from the start of this forum. There is no time they were gone or their numbers decreased. They are just finding new ways to scam some poor sucker that would fall for their tricks. They get creative each day and each time their dirty tricks gets discovered.

I guess it is the role of people like us who hate scammers to defend the newbies of this forum, and even the veterans that may fall for their scam attempts. We cannot eradicate scammers but I would say we can minimize the chances they have to scam.
gr8fuldea

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:38:23 PM

Bump it up to keep the scammers down!
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:45:44 PM

Right... even on posts that aren't locked there is great potential to get scammed. I'm trying to get some vouches for reviews here and there just to try and keep this marketplace a little more trustworthy. Some of the guides people are trying to sell are extremely low quality. Keep your money close people.
Casiriahmine

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:02:45 AM

I saw this post about 30 minutes too late  Grin
bolinao

Activity: 835

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:28:38 AM

I saw this post about 30 minutes too late  Grin

That's why it should be stickied.

Donate: 35o4ZzUNr1oEKYyhoBW8MgfgTWsrm5YLaw  thanks
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:47:52 PM

I'm LMAO ROTFL!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3098161.0

I had to print screen that before it gets deleted.
gr8fuldea

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:11:43 PM

JAAC is back to harass us again!! Praise the lord!! His crack has run out and he's looking for a quick fix. Do not contribute to JAACASS'S drug habit, stay farrrrrrrrrrrr away from this scammer's thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2202092.0

This has been a public service announcement from the Better Bitcoin Bureau Cheesy
plavirudar

Activity: 78
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:28:27 AM

Looks like this finally got stickied.

At least this should greatly reduce the revenue of these scum coming from newbies.
sandy-is-fine
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:31:06 AM

Looks like this finally got stickied.

At least this should greatly reduce the revenue of these scum coming from newbies.

Hopefully but highly unlikely ...... there is a sucker born every minute. 
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 05:38:01 PM

Best thing it would be to stop newbie the ability to post in Marketplace until some amount of activity they pass . And self moderated thread is bad feature seriously . Nice thread of warning and hope people avoid these traps .

fiscorcle

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:46:39 PM

Stickied!! Finally, and well deserved

Best thing it would be to stop newbie the ability to post in Marketplace until some amount of activity they pass . And self moderated thread is bad feature seriously . Nice thread of warning and hope people avoid these traps .

Agreed, gotta make it harder to create so many accounts and put up so many threads. There's literally no barrier to market entry right now.

Alternatively, we could divide the marketplace into a newbie and other section...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: