Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA vulnerabilities highlighted by cryptographers and security professionals  (Read 85 times)
beachbummer (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:06:21 AM

Not sure what this means for investors of the coin. There seems to be an ongoing spat where the IOTA team did not agree on objective issues raised by security professionals and cryptographers. Seems like they are also vulnerable to a reply attack that can be easily fixed (in their own words) but they are not going to do anything about it!

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/02/28/be-wary-of-iota/
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:28:09 AM

If this is just a simple hole, and they don't want to repair it, then that means restoring it may cause more problems, which makes investors worried, so it may cause the tokens, a drop in prices.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:52:04 AM

You do understand that the creators of IOTA will never release the full versions of their code, because they don't want to see copy-paste clones.

It's not even unheard of these days, everyone is on a scavenge hunt for nothing, wasting their time because they don't understand what they are even dealing with. And the sheep here will believe it. It's either some really pathetic individuals who are trying to make a name for themselves, or a rigorous campaign to defame IOTA's CMC placement.

The fox will always outsmart a bear.

For reference, i have no investment in IOTA or any evidence to back up my claim here. But i know come-from-beyond's methods, specifically with Nxt. You're dealing with one of the crypto pioneers here. He's the founder of NXT, and if you don't know what NXT is or how it initially started, then you have quite of bit of reading to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: