Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there be a "next Ethereum"?  (Read 419 times)
peter.from.penn (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:36:44 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:58:42 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?
I think ETH founder doesn't bother looking for more than he deserves for now. The competition about ETH is no big deal if you ask me there will always better than the other one although we all have one thing in common to pick the right coin for ourselves to profit from. It may seem other coins will fought back to other coins but that doesn't mean they will work it out until the end.
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:00:09 AM

NEO have good change , People showing to much interest & Trust. Also good project coming from NEO Blockchain . Though , long way to go.
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:12:47 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?
ethereum has many competitors every day, and it can defeat at any time, but now certainly this will not happen. The Ethereal platform is currently a good choice for ICO projects, and they also use Ethereum as a fixed currency if they want to invest in ICO projects. These are the strengths of Ethereum that can hardly defeat at this time.

izzy13

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:29:37 AM

I think there will always be new altcoins. Everything has its ups and downs, so are eth and other coins. But regarding the fundamentals it has, I guess eth will survive as at least big 5 for at least 5-10 years forward.
kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:34:18 AM

If Chinese were to open gates to crypto traders then NEO will definitly be the ethereum of asia. Currently cryptosphere in china is being dull but we can say for sure after dust settles.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:43:39 AM

Competitions are always here but if ETH continues to improve I think they can survive on this. I see NEM technology are focusing more on their services, too many clients are willing to use it and i hope NEM can also follow ETH, lets see who will win on this but for now I will go for NEM.
SIIP

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:45:08 AM

I agree with the general sentiment that NEO could be the next Ethereum. I am already of the mind that whatever price action Ethereum sees and price milestones it hits is mirrored by NEO eventually. The big difference obviously is that NEO provides GAS which is an interesting concept and will draw a lot of people into NEO the higher the price goes.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:06:07 AM

Ethereum is facing a lot of competition from platforms like EOS, NEM, NXT, Lisk, Waves, NEO, Stratis, Chainlink, DragonChain and others.  The playing field is very competitive, but Ethereum has a clear advantage in usage and community.  Do you think these other projects stand a chance?  If so, which ones?

Every coin has the same chance to become the " next " Ethereum because Bitcoin too far away. As long they can create higher trust with enough supply and demand, I believe it will become the next Ethereum. Unfortunately, the situation not support your ideas. The market too slow to respond and many people still have trust with Ethereum. Of the record, NEM will become the next Ethereum.

eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 05:16:20 AM

Every coin has the same chance to become the " next " Ethereum because Bitcoin too far away. As long they can create higher trust with enough supply and demand, I believe it will become the next Ethereum. Unfortunately, the situation not support your ideas. The market too slow to respond and many people still have trust with Ethereum. Of the record, NEM will become the next Ethereum.

The truth tells it so. That's why every coin to become next ethereum has the chance. So far, I join the satoshi wallet network for testing the rinkeby testnet for totally unanimous transaction and all I could say is that this is really promising and I guess it is not true that it is impossible that transfer of tokens are not unanimously done. Yes you can.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:22:09 AM

Ethereum doesn't have any competitors for now and everyone who tries to say that it does is simply wrong. Coins mentioned above will become real competitors to ETH only when people will start making ICOs on their platforms. Untill then their speculative price growth is based on nothing and there is no competition at all. It doesn;t mean that those coins won't grow in price but it still not creating a competition.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:29:10 AM

Not only Ethereum but I guess almost all the top moat cryptocurrencies are facing competition these days. There are many prompting altcoins/tokens out there with good potential to spike up in the future. So rather than considering any of them as the next Ethereum consider it as the new coin itself which might take the place of ETH.
Although I don't think that will happen because ETH has better chances to stay in that position, its still possible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:52:53 AM

Neo will be a major competitor of Ethereum in the near future in china own Neo has become the best coin and has the highest rating.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:53:31 AM

Thank god you did not say anything about the XRP as being next ETH because it is not and it will never be one. Just wanted to point it out nothing else.

Rest of the list you have made is promising, and when we say next ETH I am sure you are predicting the spiked prices upto 1K or something for these coins. In your list I am having hopes from the NEM, NEO and one of the coin which is not in your list and neither it is fully developed but still promising named as SCL. These are top 3 coins in my watchlist as next ETH in terms of their prices, market cap and development prospects.  Cheesy
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:01:20 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 06:34:59 AM by timikulit

EOS is know as Ethereum Killer and the Blockchain 3.0 that solves scalability issues. One of the Sample is Steemit and the upcoming Everipedia (an decentralized encylopedia). So i think that EOS blockchain will be fastest blockchain solution that can compete with the speed of Visa transactions.

rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:50:15 PM

Ethereum indeed is facing lots of competition right now but saying that within this competition you may find next ethereum is totally wrong.These coins are performing and showing progress because the market is also progressing.Bitcoin is improving and market is stable so they are performing well as none of these coins  had done well or even survived the crash but ethereum did it with grace.I am not telling that they are bad coins but comparing them with ethereum or even thinking that they can replace it is very early and very wrong.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 06:23:59 PM

There will be coins as strong as ethereum but in the next 2-3 years I don't think any of them can overtake ethereum. Ethereum has really good dedicated team

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:39:46 PM

EOS is the best one out of all the coins , the most important thing for a coin is to get listed on major exchanges so that the price can rise if they announce any partnership or important upgrade and eos already has that , it has enough funds as well if it's manage properly it can become one of the top coins easily
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:57:11 PM

NEO is their actual competitor buddy even the butterin who is the founder ethereum also mentioned on the press says they are perfectly giving competition to them. However none of the project can completely competite them and cannot reach level they bump up.
How we take bitcoin in first level when there is lots of crypto currencies. Same like that in smart contract side ethereum are the first one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:18:09 PM

If Chinese were to open gates to crypto traders then NEO will definitly be the ethereum of asia. Currently cryptosphere in china is being dull but we can say for sure after dust settles.
I totally agree with you. NEO can be the next ethereum. It is already giving good competition to Ethereum. But it would take some time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print