Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:48:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Bitcoin Conference in Asia?  (Read 2548 times)
victorhing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1435
Merit: 1123

CoinRoyale.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 05:27:12 PM

Just received an email (I'm not affiliate with them) Bitcoin Singapore Conference 2013, which they claimed to be the first Bitcoin conference in Asia: http://www.bitcoinsingapore2013.com/

The early bird ticket is a hefty S$180 (about USD$143), and ummm, you could not pay with BTC.

What do you guys think? And more important, is anyone going?

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mkbit88

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 09:16:18 AM

Im in singapore right now and the financial environment is not very friendly to bitcoins. If anything, it would seems a BTC conference in China would be much better.
seedcoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 11:23:41 AM

Just received an email (I'm not affiliate with them) Bitcoin Singapore Conference 2013, which they claimed to be the first Bitcoin conference in Asia: http://www.bitcoinsingapore2013.com/

The early bird ticket is a hefty S$180 (about USD$143), and ummm, you could not pay with BTC.

What do you guys think? And more important, is anyone going?

Hi Victor,

Thanks for sharing this information and the link.

I am the organizer of Bitcoin Conference 2013, I believe this conference is the first one with this focus in Asia, if otherwise I'd like to know about any other Bitcoin conference taking place before.

Attendees can pay in BTC, anyone interested to pay in BTC please send us a message at info@bitcoinsingapore2013.com.

Please find updated info re. speakers and panelists below, we may add a few more names in the next few days :

Asher Tan, co-founder, CoinJar.io
Hakim Mamoni, co-founder & CTO, Seedcoin; Founder, Dealcoin
Charlie Shrem, Founder, BitInstant, Vice Chairman Bitcoin Foundation
Ken Lo, Managing Director, Asia Nexgen, ANX.hk
Johann Gevers, CEO Monetas (or another member of the Monetas team - tbc soon)
Adam Vaziri, UK Lawyer and Consultant at Neopay; Director at Diacle
Konrad S. Graf, writer on economy theory, Bitcoin and social theory
Anthony Hope, Founder and Director at White Crane Consulting (HK)
Steve Beauregard, Founder and CEO, GoCoin (Singapore)
Gabriel Miron, GM & co-founder, MEXBT (Mexico)
Cedric Dahl, CEO, Buttercoin (USA)
Ryan Iacoviello, Business Development, BEX.io (Canada)
Joseph Lee, Founder of BTC.sx

If you are interested in meeting Bitcoin startup founders, investors, economists, fund managers, experts, the movers and shakers of the Bitcoin ecosystem in Asia and beyond, register now at http://evnk.co/BTCSG  -  early bird prices till October 10.  To pay with BTC contact us at info@bitcoinsingapore2013.com.

Conference price includes coffee breaks and luncheon at the venue, Fullerton hotel. Conference starts at 8:45am and discussions end at 5:45pm, networking opportunities after that.

I hope to see you at the conference on Nov. 15!

Global seed-stage Bitcoin startup virtual incubator. Investing in the Future Leaders of the Cryptocurrency Economy.
aumi97

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:27:36 PM

I am surprised, I didn't think this area was taking too strongly to bitcoin. But a conference is a wonderful first step!
victorhing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1435
Merit: 1123

CoinRoyale.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:44:20 AM

I am surprised, I didn't think this area was taking too strongly to bitcoin. But a conference is a wonderful first step!

I agree it's a good start. Also impressed they got Cedric (Buttercoin) all the way from US.

willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:13:57 AM

I'll be in Singapore that week, so I will try and stop by.  If anyone wants to trade BTC let me know.

Will

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:18:06 PM

I attended it. Met lots of people. Edan Yago, Roger Ver, Asher from coinjar, Ken Lo fron ANX, Ryan from coinjar, Johann from Monetas, Hakim and Eddy from Seedcoin, etc.

willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:17:38 AM

yes it was fun to meet everyone and hear some great talks, thanks to Hakim and the rest of the organisers for the great conference.

Will

seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:55:01 PM

I attended it. Met lots of people. Edan Yago, Roger Ver, Asher from coinjar, Ken Lo fron ANX, Ryan from coinjar, Johann from Monetas, Hakim and Eddy from Seedcoin, etc.

Nice meeting you too, glad you enjoyed the conference.

Global seed-stage Bitcoin startup virtual incubator. Investing in the Future Leaders of the Cryptocurrency Economy.
seedcoin

Seedcoin - www.seedco.in

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:57:03 PM

yes it was fun to meet everyone and hear some great talks, thanks to Hakim and the rest of the organisers for the great conference.

Will

Thanks for attending Will. We really enjoyed it as well. Hakim is now back in London. So many things happened (for bitcoin) since the conference... and more to come surely.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: