Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will be the ripple price in january 2014 ?
1$=1000xrp - 20 (37%)
1$=500xrp - 1 (1.9%)
1$=200xrp - 0 (0%)
1$=100xrp - 3 (5.6%)
1$=50xrp - 5 (9.3%)
1$=25xrp - 8 (14.8%)
1$=10xrp - 8 (14.8%)
1$=1xrp - 6 (11.1%)
1$=0,1xrp - 3 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple price in January. And your opinion about Ripple Protocol future!  (Read 2107 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:03:39 AM

100 billion xrp? how much could one possibly be worth? doesnt sound like it could be that much to me. what do you think?

Huh

If it's widely adopted it could worth more than 1$. Just image Western Union or paypal using it.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:32:14 AM

100 billion xrp? how much could one possibly be worth? doesnt sound like it could be that much to me. what do you think?

Huh

If it's widely adopted it could worth more than 1$. Just image Western Union or paypal using it.
yeah but what does western union using it have do with the value of xrp? if they use it, awesome, but xrp isn't like "stock" in ripple. it's only use is anti-spam/wallet activation/trust-line setting. any target is just crystal-balling because you could never figure what people are willing to pay in a purely speculative market with low liquidity and where really fundamentals do not come into play.
ervalvola

Activity: 669

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:38:37 AM

Huh

yeah but what does western union using it have do with the value of xrp? if they use it, awesome, but xrp isn't like "stock" in ripple. it's only use is anti-spam/wallet activation/trust-line setting.
The most important use is to provide liquidity between different gateways. If you want to buy something in € paying with BTC, very likely the path will be BTC --> XRP ---> EUR.
So, every gateway must turn on and mantain a market between XRP and his currencies.
This will be the primary source of demand in my opinion.

But I agree:

any target is just crystal-balling
Tongue
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:59:11 AM

Title of this thread should be "... price in October..." because of Ripple and ZipZap integration I have spoke about in this thread.

ZipZap already uses Moneygram network and has 700 000 cash-in locations worldwide, so it's not needed to imagine Western Union Cheesy
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:59:36 AM

Huh

yeah but what does western union using it have do with the value of xrp? if they use it, awesome, but xrp isn't like "stock" in ripple. it's only use is anti-spam/wallet activation/trust-line setting.
The most important use is to provide liquidity between different gateways. If you want to buy something in € paying with BTC, very likely the path will be BTC --> XRP ---> EUR.
So, every gateway must turn on and mantain a market between XRP and his currencies.

But I agree:

any target is just crystal-balling
Tongue

+1
Argwai96
Legendary

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:03:32 PM

Huh

that makes no sense. if market makers have liquidity then there is no need for xrp -- there would be a market for BTC/€. no one needs to touch xrp, so three is no demand there.
ahbritto

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:25:09 PM

that makes no sense. if market makers have liquidity then there is no need for xrp -- there would be a market for BTC/€. no one needs to touch xrp, so three is no demand there.
Your plan doesn't scale. Eventually, with thousands of gateways and 160 currencies combinatorial growth makes placing direct offers hopelessly inefficient for market makers.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:05:08 PM

up up! more votes ! more comments !
Argwai96
Legendary

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:31:54 PM

Your plan doesn't scale. Eventually, with thousands of gateways and 160 currencies combinatorial growth makes placing direct offers hopelessly inefficient for market makers.

that's a good point. i didn't think of it that way.
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:58:16 PM

okay, i understand some of what is being said here but..... 100 BILLION XRP? how much could "one" possibly be worth?  Huh

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:02:51 AM

okay, i understand some of what is being said here but..... 100 BILLION XRP? how much could "one" possibly be worth?  Huh

If ripple become global and that xrp become essential to markets liquidity then 100B is not that enormous.

1xrp= 10$ sounds realistic
magnebit

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:36:52 AM

The ripple currency XRP is only bootstrapping in that it is used to execute transactions in Ripple network.  Each ripple XRP unit can execute 10000 transactions.  So, you will only ever need one or two for your whole life.  Ripple currency XRP were never meant to have any real value beyond spam revention.
ahbritto

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 12:48:56 AM

The ripple currency XRP is only bootstrapping in that it is used to execute transactions in Ripple network.  Each ripple XRP unit can execute 10000 transactions.  So, you will only ever need one or two for your whole life.  Ripple currency XRP were never meant to have any real value beyond spam revention.
XRP uses:
  • Prevent transaction spam
    To protect the network from excess transactions, transaction fees are raised when the network is under load.
  • Prevent ledger spam
    To keep processing fast, the ledger size must be limited. XRP reserves are required to occupy space in the ledger.
  • A natural bridging currency
    XRP has low friction, can not be debased, and has no counter party risk. Market makers may use XRP to make a profit providing inter-gateway liquidity at a spread.

Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:31:35 AM

If ripple become global and that xrp become essential to markets liquidity then 100B is not that enormous.

1xrp= 10$ sounds realistic
So if you need say 100+ XRP or so to comfortably use Ripple, you're telling me that people are going to want to pay $1000 for the privilege? That sounds like a total pipe dream. Or are you maybe suggesting that reserve/trust line/etc. amounts will be drastically lowered?
ahbritto

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 01:38:41 AM

... Or are you maybe suggesting that reserve/trust line/etc. amounts will be drastically lowered?
These limits have already been lowered to 25% of their original amount:
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:41:19 AM

... Or are you maybe suggesting that reserve/trust line/etc. amounts will be drastically lowered?
These limits have already been lowered to 25% of their original amount:
Will it be lowered in the future? How does Ripple being open source affect this, also?

Thanks in advance for any information you have.

ahbritto

Ripple

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Will it be lowered in the future? How does Ripple being open source affect this, also?
See this article for more information and a link to the wiki:
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: