Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:09:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low quality topics of some newbies and jr members  (Read 236 times)
jerick06 (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:35:23 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 08:36:48 AM by jerick06

Ive read comments saying that its hard to find newbies and jr members posting high quality topics and some says they dont deserve merits for posting low quality topics. The reason why we are not capable of posting high quality topics is because we still lack knowledge about bitcoin/altcoin or any other topics here in the forum. We are still on the learning stage by reading here articles and topics here. The posts of the higher ranks helps us newbies and jr members to gain knowledge about a certain topics. We are still trying our best to post high quality topics.

For the newbies and jr members out there, it takes time to learn. As what a higher rank member said, dont chase merits. Let merits chase you

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:47:01 AM

Ive read comments saying that its hard to find newbies and jr members posting high quality topics and some says they dont deserve merits for posting low quality topics. The reason why we are not capable of posting high quality topics is because we still lack knowledge about bitcoin/altcoin or any other topics here in the forum. We are still on the learning stage by reading here articles and topics here. The posts of the higher ranks helps us newbies and jr members to gain knowledge about a certain topics. We are still trying our best to post high quality topics.

For the newbies and jr members out there, it takes time to learn. And please dont chase merits. Let merits chase you

Being on a forum doesn't necessarily means that you are obliged to post. But the problem is that newbies desperately want to rank up and they don't care if they fill the forum whit spam. Maybe they will stop once they see that spamming doesn't help them at all.
If you lack knowledge means that you should read as much as you can and learn and you can post asking pertinent questions. I think that even a good question can be merited. This doesn't include "When the price will go up?", "Should I sell?", "I am 1$ a good enough budget to start trading?" or my favourite "How to make money in crypto without investing?".   

alia

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:14:37 AM

It's a shame, but a necessary evil. With growth comes new members, and with new members comes growth. Luckily, the merit system can cull out the wheat from the chaff.

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 07:34:14 AM

And please dont chase merits. Let merits chase you

That's a famous line made by a high rank member if my memory serves me right.

P.S I don't know if it is just me, but if you spend 6 months reading topic in this community, ye can participate just in certain boards.
Even if the door is closing, it does not imply that it is locked on the other side not to mention if ye can't find the key.
Razo123

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

For the newbies and jr members out there, it takes time to learn. And please dont chase merits. Let merits chase you

For us low ranks, Dont settle your knowledge just here. Internet is very vast. There are many websites that can be researched on. Now many companies conduct seminars about crypto and if there are any in a place near you try to participate. Knowledge is a continous learning.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 09:51:06 AM

I just started this month. My friend let me borrow his acct

Don't abuse his attempt to help you by messing up his account with posts like that.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:54:20 AM

That's why merit system appear  Wink
Markyway88

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:28:12 PM

That's why there is no merit point required to be a newbie and junior member. Because newbie like me needs to know well in cryptocurrency in order to make a quality post in the forum
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:39:52 PM

It's really unfair keep saying higher rank member creating good post and lower rank members are not good at creating good posts.
Someone with good writing skill can still create good contents no matter they joined today or 7 years ago.

The reason why we are not capable of posting high quality topics is because we still lack knowledge about bitcoin/altcoin or any other topics here in the forum.

There are no scope to deny that higher rank member know much more about this forum than most of the lower ranked members. It's the set of rules apply in anywhere you go. In England, we drive on the left side and in US they drive on the right. If you do not learn the difference then you will create a mess because of not knowing the law but that does not mean that you don't know how to drive a car really fast.

When it comes to Bitcoin/Alts then I do not agree that higher rank member will always know more or things like that than lower rank members. Trust me I have seen members with Legendary rank lack very basic common sense.

We need to stop creating groups. Smiley

For the newbies and jr members out there, it takes time to learn. As what a higher rank member said, dont chase merits. Let merits chase you
- Good advice

.....the problem is that newbies desperately want to rank up and they don't care if they fill the forum whit spam. Maybe they will stop once they see that spamming doesn't help them at all.

- You will find these sorts of people in everywhere. They will always try to take advantages. That's merit is a good thing to stop them.

It's a shame, but a necessary evil. With growth comes new members, and with new members comes growth. Luckily, the merit system can cull out the wheat from the chaff.
- Thumbs up  Cool

I just started this month. My friend let me borrow his acct

Don't abuse his attempt to help you by messing up his account with posts like that.
- What did I miss?  Roll Eyes

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:44:07 PM

It is true that due to lack of knowledge; newbies and junior members are posting low quality posts but it is also true that they are not doing this intentionally.  In most of the cases it is due to lack of good knowledge about crypto currency.  Most of the people entering the forum for earning some money from bitcoin forum so they were just entering the forum and as per the standard instructions of the ICO team managers were posting minimum posts as required by the ICO managers for receiving monetary rewards for their posts.  Most of the people were not paying attention towards the quality of posts.
But now as the merit system has been introduced they now have to write good quality posts and if they wish to promote to higher rank they have to write good posts for receiving merits  because only then as a result they will be promoted to next higher rank,  But it may be possible that you try your best and write good quality post and some person reads it but he does not agrees to your opinion he will not rate your post as good quality post.  Some other person whose opinions agree to yours may not read your post it is your poor luck and you may not be getting merit as a result opinion will be made about you that your posts are not good quality.
It is also true that rank is not only deciding factor that posts of higher ranked members is always good.  Because in the past people got higher ranks just because of their long back presence in this forum.  Suppose one person who is here for the last one year or more and  is posting here one post daily may have achieved Senior member or full member's rank because of his virtue of his presence in the forum and just keeping posting posts due to requirements of bounties and now it does not mean that because he is senior member and so his posts will be of good quality.
Newbie and junior member may be there who are posting good posts and senior members may be there who are unable to even write a single meaningful line though  I also see there are very learned; knowledgeable wise seniors who are very much intelligently expressing themselves.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:52:45 PM

Yes, it is true that most newbies and jr. members are still lacking knowledge about the crypto community and are still in the process of acquiring it here in the forum, but the problem is, they are lazy to read through the forum of topics that they need to know so in result, they are creating multiple threads with the same topics and it is spamming the forum.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:57:46 PM

I think a lot of you guys are missing the big issue here. A lot of members, and especially some of the newer ones, aren't interested in Bitcoin or even crypto, all they want is to join some sig spamming campaign, collect the payments, and convert them straight out into cash. Why would they waste time learning about stuff they will probably never use, when they could be spamming twitter or some other site.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:05:59 PM

I think a lot of you guys are missing the big issue here. A lot of members, and especially some of the newer ones, aren't interested in Bitcoin or even crypto, all they want is to join some sig spamming campaign, collect the payments, and convert them straight out into cash. Why would they waste time learning about stuff they will probably never use, when they could be spamming twitter or some other site.

Yeah but in other side, it's increase the site revenue because the traffic is increase so it's double advantage for both side ( visitor and the forum owner )
I can't find any forum better than bitcointalk as far as I've exist over 3 years and it's changed my life !

Smiley
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 02:03:05 AM

Yeah but in other side, it's increase the site revenue because the traffic is increase so it's double advantage for both side ( visitor and the forum owner )
I can't find any forum better than bitcointalk as far as I've exist over 3 years and it's changed my life !

It becomes so phenomenal that you could also earn in bitcointalk from spamming I remember a blog stating that facts before no wonder the forum itself started to get a lot of traffic.

if this forum become more popular than facebook and twitter, we might also see some drastic change in signature spamming consciously.
LKingLion

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:23:58 AM

I read once theymos post that says he can banned all signature campaign if necessary but he speak also to the unfortunate member that came from unfortunate country.
For me

Theymos wants to help people to have an income or additional income but the people abuse the system until now spam and spam.

So merit fall without warning. Now, merit disable the rank system to renew the system if possible.
Ms Emi

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

Complete transparency on your charitable donations

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:32:54 AM

Some newbies want to post what's on their mind, sometime they don't take time to scan if the topic is or has been alread created so that's why it result to spamming. Although they have their points and idea for the topic but they created the same topic, sometimes replying is also good as creating thread if you out you best on your answer.

G i f t c o i n  ♥  Small change. Big impact.
ICO: 20th March 2018 (https://www.giftcoin.org/)
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:55:59 AM

experience is the best teacher for us and much needed.

based on the above quote we can assume, higher ranking in bitcoin forums can make more quality post because first know it and more experience. vice versa. Wink Wink
but that's not all true because beginners can be better able to create quality posts by reading many bitcoin and cryptocurrency

Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:12:11 AM

It becomes so phenomenal that you could also earn in bitcointalk from spamming I remember a blog stating that facts before no wonder the forum itself started to get a lot of traffic.

if this forum become more popular than facebook and twitter, we might also see some drastic change in signature spamming consciously.

good observation.

for beginners, merit system is very confusing because the requirement to get merit is very difficult by making a quality post. while they are still beginners in the know the world of bitcoin, cryptocurrency.

so they make reasonable posts that are not qualified.
thank you

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: