Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:23:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NFC Ring call to arms for implementation suggestions  (Read 1086 times)
johnyma22 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:04:35 PM

Hey Guys, I'm the guy behind the "NFC Ring" and I'm really eager to give the Bitcoin and the NFC Ring community absolute control of how we make the NFC Ring interact with the Bitcoin Network. 

I sent out a call for arms on Kickstarter, it read like this:

Bitcoin ninjas, I (John) need your help.

Update #13 · Sep 25, 2013 · 11 comments   
I'm really keen to support bitcoin payments but one (among many) thing I lack is the experience and knowledge about bitcoin to make this possible. I need you.

I need our bitcoin effort to be community driven, I'm happy to write the code and speak with partners but I need you to tell me: 

1) What you think the NFC Ring bitcoin experience should be.

2) What security is adequate and different approaches to security.

3) Who (if anyone) you think we should partner with to provide this service.

I think the best place to have these conversations is on our forum so please share your thoughts and opinions. 

From my perspective I think it would be perfect if I could just walk into my favorite pub and use my NFC ring much like how I can use a credit / debit card for contact-less payments (limited to £20 per transaction and max 3 a day or so).

Join the conversation to get started making the NFC ring a bitcoin payment device
http://forum.nfcring.com/forum7.html?sid=94b8df5ef16e90d6d7f99875ec674185

All of our software is open source so anyone can get hacking, alternatively we are considering working with app providers and partners to fulfill the service.

We have a conversation over at our forum but I'd be interested to have input here should you wish to share any.

Since I sent out our request a few bitcoin app providers have been in touch with proposals, I will be asking them if it's okay for them to make their proposal public and I will post it on this forum / thread for your input.
Johnathan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:36:42 PM

So, when are you going to update the bitcoinstarter page?  Since you didn't make the goal there, the pledged BTC should be returned.  However, you have it "pending extension", whatever that means, and the pledged BTC is tied up.
callem

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:30:18 AM

The NFC ring is perfect for bitcoin. It was just waiting for the right protocol...

Noticed your product in the press while I was working on exactly that over past few months (openCXP) so I made a mention of it in the draft white paper. Perfect fit. Draft is available for review below if anyone would like to comment:

www.opencxp.org

Currently soliciting any feedback/comments from those interested in the fledgling cryptocurrency POS and ATM industry  - final version should be avail early dec.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: