Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:51:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any ways to avoid non paying bounty campaigns?  (Read 441 times)
jerjer (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:00:43 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 08:29:07 AM by jerjer

Hi every one. I just wanna ask if , is there any ways to prevent or minimize the nonpaying bounty campaigns?

I joined a lots of bounty campaigns here on btt recently but I have encountered  bounty campaigns never paid the bounty hunters at the end of the campaign period. Not to mention these projects, some of them are now scam, but some of them are now very successful after the campaign, and  they forgot to pay their advertisers at the end of the bounty period. As a bounty hunter like me , its very important. Its really pain when you are advertising an ICO for month/months but in the end you got nothing. As of now, I only joined a bounty campaign which handled by bounty manager with good record here.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haocoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:04:42 AM

I think this is very difficult, because often it is up to them to decide whether to pay the bounty or not. They may use many reasons to refuse, but more is a scam that can not be avoided, just as cryptocurrency is characterized by anonymity and you No way to punish the project team, you can only remember the name, to avoid the next time to participate in their activities.
Haywhy1

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:08:14 AM

I don't there is anything like that, but I'll suggest there should be a particular flag that will show on thread of each bounty which will indicate how good the bounty is.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:10:28 AM

Hi every one. I just wanna ask if , is there any ways to prevent or minimize the nonpaying bounty campaigns?

I joined a lots of bounty campaigns here on btt recently but I have encountered many bounty campaigns never paid the bounty hunters at the end of the campaign period. Not to mention these projects but some of them are now scam, but many of them are now very successful after the campaign, and  they forgot their advertisers at the end bounty campaign to pay. As a bounty hunter like me , its very important. Its really pain when you are advertising an ICO for month/months but in the end you got nothing. As of now, I only joined a bounty campaign which handled by bounty manager with good record here.

Dont join any bounty to avoid those not paying you!
Well bounty is a risk too, you are not spending any amount and just to invest time and effort, after those we are not sure if the ICO will pay us (hunters)
as long as their payment not on our wallet we are always not 100% sure about them paying us.
You are good to stick with those bounty managers who have good records, i am doing the same too.
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:12:33 AM

So you can take a few more hot ICO project's bounty thread, so most of the time they will pay on time, because they completed the ICO the raise of the project, then they will pay the bounty.

entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:29:08 AM

Being picky about bounties may prevent from them. Bounty amounts must be realistic. Pool should be less than %2. I choose bounty campaign like i choose to invest in ico. Same principals valid for both.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:45:49 AM

I joined a lots of bounty campaigns here on btt recently but I have encountered  bounty campaigns never paid the bounty hunters at the end of the campaign period. Not to mention these projects, some of them are now scam, but some of them are now very successful after the campaign, and  they forgot to pay their advertisers at the end of the bounty period. As a bounty hunter like me , its very important. Its really pain when you are advertising an ICO for month/months but in the end you got nothing. As of now, I only joined a bounty campaign which handled by bounty manager with good record here.

I think the best way is to just be thorough and critical with choosing your projects. You see there are so many bounty campaigns popping in a daily basis, some are new and have potential to prosper, but most of them, are washed-out copies of old concepts that has been released before that do not have any chance of booming. So, use all the checks and guides you have to see if a projects even has a chance to make it past the marketing stage and really make a mark in the real market.
jerjer (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:47:19 AM

I joined a lots of bounty campaigns here on btt recently but I have encountered many bounty campaigns never paid the bounty hunters at the end of the campaign period. Not to mention these projects but some of them are now scam, but many of them are now very successful after the campaign, and  they forgot their advertisers at the end bounty campaign to pay. As a bounty hunter like me , its very important. Its really pain when you are advertising an ICO for month/months but in the end you got nothing. As of now, I only joined a bounty campaign which handled by bounty manager with good record here.

Dont join any bounty to avoid those not paying you!
Well bounty is a risk too, you are not spending any amount and just to invest time and effort, after those we are not sure if the ICO will pay us (hunters)
as long as their payment not on our wallet we are always not 100% sure about them paying us.
You are good to stick with those bounty managers who have good records, i am doing the same too.
I think this is the only way to avoid scam bounty campaigns. Joining a bounty campaign is like investing the ICO but we only invest with effort. I felt the same like scammed when I cant receive any payment after the bounty period from them lol .

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:50:38 AM

I haven ever experienced such though, but if something of that nature happens, it is at the discretion of those who own the project, to decide whether to pay their supporters or not. Although this will go a long way to affect the bounty manager that handled such project, because his integrity will be at stake.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:55:26 AM

I don't there is anything like that, but I'll suggest there should be a particular flag that will show on thread of each bounty which will indicate how good the bounty is.

we dont really need to have a particular flag for us to know if the bounty campaigns you are joining is good or bad, you need to do your own research about the Campaigns you are joining, that is why many of bounty hunters like you are being scammed and being used for free because of laziness to search and know more about the ICO you are advertising.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:13:45 AM

I think it is very difficult to avoid this. We must take risks when participating in bounty hunting campaigns. They stole our efforts.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:31:08 AM

I joined a lots of bounty campaigns here on btt recently but I have encountered  bounty campaigns never paid the bounty hunters at the end of the campaign period. Not to mention these projects, some of them are now scam, but some of them are now very successful after the campaign, and  they forgot to pay their advertisers at the end of the bounty period. As a bounty hunter like me , its very important. Its really pain when you are advertising an ICO for month/months but in the end you got nothing. As of now, I only joined a bounty campaign which handled by bounty manager with good record here.

As you said! Maybe the only way to avoid those non paying bounty campaigns is to choose/pick a bounty manager with a good reputation here in bitcointalk. I remember, my first bounty campaigns (altcoins) didn't paid me and that was a bad start! So when I ranked up to Member I suddenly shift to bitcoin campaigns on services and luckily got accepted where I think I can't be.

Going back, we cannot totally avoid such campaigns you said because even campaigns manage/managed by highly reputable members here sometimes fails and fails to paid. Maybe we should focus on their team and most importantly their advisors (those who are influencial). The team will make all things possible and not the bounty manager. Hence, don't always use bounty managers as a basis.  Wink
Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:36:56 AM

We don't have any way, we are the only way is to choose a good bounty managers, because a good bounty manager will be responsible for its bounty of ICO project thread, so you can receive your should get the bounty token.

99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:41:14 AM

Here are three easy things to follow that can help prevent you from getting screwed by a non-paying bounty.

1. Make sure the project is good. Check the website, whitepaper and team. If the project is good, they won't hire a scumbag to manage their bounty or have any desire to cheat you.
2. Try and pick bounties where the manager is a hero or legendary member so you know they have already done their homework before representing that bounty.
3. Check who is participating in the bounty. If you see a lot of Full Members and up, usually that is a good sign that the bounty is a good one worth your time and effort.

Best of luck, hope that helps some of you!
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:45:43 AM

I think this is very difficult, because often it is up to them to decide whether to pay the bounty or not. They may use many reasons to refuse, but more is a scam that can not be avoided, just as cryptocurrency is characterized by anonymity and you No way to punish the project team, you can only remember the name, to avoid the next time to participate in their activities.

I agree. It would be difficult to have everything perfect. Every move, in this market especially, are full or risks and can lead to losses at any available alley. However, to avoid bad campaigns, I think that the most important aspect is diligence. You should check everything with due critical eye to make sure that projects you choose would lead to a success, and if not, would still get you paid. Some say that it's important to choose projects that have a product or new concept to front them, since people tend to gravitate on those new ideas instead of old ones. Also, check the developers and the management teams, if their backgrounds and trust ratings are borderline shady, then don't join in those projects.

Spiero7

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:50:13 AM

For me I think the best thing to save one's ass is to make a thorough research before rushing to join any bounty campaign. Even one may take on the luxury of checking out the ICO's white paper, roadmap and other necessary things to check for the authenticity of any campaign one want to join. With this in place, I think anyone can be saved from always having to languishing after many weeks of intense work for a campaign not rewarding at all
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:57:06 AM

First if you want to get paid at every bounty you have to register in the middle or bounty campaign is almost end because at that time many information that we can got like how much is obtained when selling token and then choose project ICO that has reached softcap.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

The scheme here is the same as during the choosing of the right ICO for investment. Aaand I also usually look at the ICO period. If it's about 2 or more months, I usually don't participate (as there is only a limited number of retweets you can do - you will work but nobody will count).
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

Yes there is, deeply research on the bounty, look into the comments and feedback, pointers such as the hunters experience participating are also important clues on whether the campaign is able to pay.however, sometimes things just go wrong and managers disappears in that case other's little you can do.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:05:14 AM

Which projects are very successful after the campaign that didn't pay bounty hunters?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: