Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:26:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: B'jasus : caning your core. Your dual/quad/oct etc  (Read 1674 times)
nickwit (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 01:09:54 PM

Can you not be inventing a client that doesn't  run your machine so hot it's going to burn the house down?

Just a thought like. I've got this on ONE core, and I went out and left it on by mistake. Come back and the sofa on the other side of the room is scorched.

c'mon - this level of CPU caning is taking the piss

Skype nicks your bandwidth (I think) but it doesn't make the fans on your laptop scream.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 04:33:47 PM

Turn off generation.  You will still have full use of the client other than mining.  There really is no sense in trying to mine with CPUs these days, unless you are part of a pool.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 29, 2011, 11:11:36 PM

If your machine can't run on 100% for a while you definitely have a cooling problem. (have this on my notebook, but can't do much against it)

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2011, 07:18:15 AM

Can you not be inventing a client that doesn't  run your machine so hot it's going to burn the house down?

Just a thought like. I've got this on ONE core, and I went out and left it on by mistake. Come back and the sofa on the other side of the room is scorched.

Skype nicks your bandwidth (I think) but it doesn't make the fans on your laptop scream.

What strange English you are using?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
ptd

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 30, 2011, 12:17:40 PM

Stop mining. It isn't economically rational for you, so there's no point doing it.
nickwit (OP)

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 02, 2011, 01:05:18 PM

What strange English you are using?

Irish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7gPoU8TFcE

That's not me, that's um... Irish.

There are a lot of different sorts of Irish mind, a lot of Irish people my take exception to being characterised thus, especially as I'm not actually Irish myself, I'm Scottish : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4yeqSgNxiE
Anonymous

February 02, 2011, 01:08:32 PM

If youre not cooking bacon and eggs with your bitcoin miner you're doing it wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: