Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin As a subject in school  (Read 1490 times)
icytalk (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:50:18 AM

How about if there's a subject added in school
For crypto trading?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:58:46 AM

For crypto trading?
This is really very good idea. In future the person do not know about Bitcoin or Crypto will be called illiterate. So Bitcoin as a subject in school will be good.
mokong11

Activity: 187

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:59:45 AM

For crypto trading?

Hahaha! what kind of thread is this?. Its impossible to have a subject in crypto trading or currency in school because of the platform of crypto currency it is not advisable to study by our students because the most important thing to study is the major subject that they need to take.
BasilHawkins007

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:16:27 AM

For crypto trading?
Maybe a general knowledge of bitcoin for business student but trading crypto is impossible to be teach in school. Trading is only teach in seminars. Experts in trading would rather teach in seminars than in school. There's a big difference of compensation between the two.
Qlimaxaz

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

Today we are going to learn about Bitcoin"  Grin Grin Grin
Stosil100

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:34:33 AM

I think studying bitcoin in school is a good idea. At school it is necessary to study what is really useful in life. Bitcoin is the future. I now know several schoolboys  who are engaged in Bitkoyans, because they are interested in this and they already want to earn money in school years.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:34:35 AM

For crypto trading?

there already is courses on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology being taught in schools but not "crypto trading". because first of all trading good cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is not so different from trading anything else, so the knowledge of trading in general can apply to it. and second trading altcoins that are pump and dumps can not be taught because it is not a logical thing. and manipulation is against the law.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:37:05 AM

I do not think that teaching bitcoin in schools would be apropriate.  Maybe of it will be discussed as topic then it is okay.  But as a subject a big no for me.  Anyone can understand bitcoin.  There is no need for us to have one hour everyday to undersrand it.  Unless we wanted to have a degree in computer related courses.
Dadan

Activity: 788
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:48:30 AM

It's good to have a lot of learning in the world of bitcoin and they can easily earn a bitcoin here in case it is implemented in the Philippines. But bitcoin is a little bit difficult to point out, especially if many are dropping out to study techear, so teachers will find it difficult to teach children.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:50:59 AM

I do not think that teaching bitcoin in schools would be apropriate.  Maybe of it will be discussed as topic then it is okay.  But as a subject a big no for me.  Anyone can understand bitcoin.  There is no need for us to have one hour everyday to undersrand it.  Unless we wanted to have a degree in computer related courses.

i actually think it is not a bad idea.
and it is not just bitcoin, it starts with bitcoin but also such classes should cover the blockchain technology. and it doesn't have to a semester or a full on course. it can be one of those 1 day workshops on bitcoin and the technology to introduce and educate them about this new technology which is becoming more and more popular every day.

--looking for signature--
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:52:19 AM

For crypto trading?
Course on Bitcoin and blockchain would be a good idea, I think there already are courses on Blockchain they are not in mainstream colleges or schools but I think you can learn them online. "For crypto trading" I don't think that would be a viable course for schools. Crypto Trading isn't something that can be taught.
Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:54:27 AM

For crypto trading?
if indeed it can happen, I think it will be an extraordinary history. besides, going to school about the world of crypto will help the development of the world of currency become better. so I agree with that.
kurt1212

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:56:05 AM

For crypto trading?
This is really very good idea. In future the person do not know about Bitcoin or Crypto will be called illiterate. So Bitcoin as a subject in school will be good.
I dont think so that bitcoin will be prefer to be a subject at school maybe for some it will be accepted through the abm and business thing course. But really you cant avoid that bitcoin really helps nowadays.
BlackBird13

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:56:39 AM

I think it`a great idea as student should be aware of the the new technologies and prepare for the future Smiley
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:58:57 AM

I think possible, but not applicable now. Maybe if the world accepts bitcoin. Or for those countries who accepts bitcoin. It is a good idea since it will also promote bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:01:49 PM
Merited by Reid (1)

I am not against the idea but I don't think it will become one of the main subjects for the students, it can be an elective or an optional course. Even if you look at the current status of our school education you won't be seeing Stock investing or trading being offered as a subject even on a higher level of education. So why not just generalize it make a subject about investing or financial planning as it will be more useful for the kids to have a subject like that, closing them only to cryptocurrency is not a good idea as their are many ways for them to earn money outside from it.
majest3

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:05:20 PM

I don't believe any school would put bitcoin trading on the curriculum , but l think that the block chain is a different story. The opportunity for the kids that learn about it and how to program it now, is huge. It is a new industry, that is only in it's infancy.

DeepOnion - Tor integrated - 100% anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! <===​  (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1620543)
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:06:12 PM

It sounds crazy, but it may be incorporated into the economic curriculum.
students are given knowledge of the digital currency and how it is used. this is the same as teaching children to save in Banks and credit cards.
I'm not sure it will be implemented any time soon.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:06:42 PM

In my country, first things first: they should start teaching kids about how to handle their finances responsibly, and only then they can make bitcoin a part of this teaching. Also, considering the media FUD on bitcoin, and considering that education is regulated by government , I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

NightCloudz07

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:13:26 PM

For crypto trading?
In my own opinion if bitcoin is a subject in school it is better.why?so that our youth generation will know about bitcoin and they are not be ignorant someday what it is.atleast if bitcoin continually grown up,we people and our children knew it already.That is for my own opinion,I dont know the others.I think theres nothing wrong to teach bitcoin as a subject but if its good to everyone then why not?

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: