Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon turns One years old 28/09/2013  (Read 2155 times)
plasmoske (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 01:08:48 AM

Just got a new newsletter from BitSyncom

Avalon turns One years old
What a roller coaster ride it has been

We went from the last to enter the ASIC mining market crowd-funded by the community to the first to shipping a consumer product in little over 4 month. On this journey, many mistakes were made, tons of things were learned and we will continue to grow as one of the groups to keep mining decentralized and support the DIY community. Those are our goals.

In the up coming week we will doing a clearance sale on the refunded chips as well as some mining units and modules to close generation one and move on to a pre-sale-less generation two of the Avalon Project.

Stay tuned as many more exciting news will be announced in the coming week.

Copyright © 2013 BitSyncom LLC, All rights reserved.

TL;DR Even though we haven't replied to any emails/phone calls/tickets or anything at all, we're about to launch our sale and also gen 2 chips (stock in hand). Please send us more money soon and pray that we don't do a runner/hide again. We still don't have a dedicated customer support team but please, don't take notice of that.

Oh and about your FPGAs... ha ha he he!

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 01:21:41 AM

I'm more interested to see how long I can not go deaf in a room with the above pictured single fan 2 module unit.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 01:32:32 AM

What a complete crock of shit.

First, avalon screws their customers over by not shipping promised "no bullshit" chips on time.

Second, customers that paid full price either get chips, or a refund.

Third, Avalon announces a "clearance sale" on refunded chips, that probably will never make ROI unless BTC goes astronomical.

Fourth, Avalon screws over existing, late chip customers AGAIN, by cutting the price on late chips that they paid full price on.

Why exactly would anybody deal with this company again?

plasmoske (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 01:36:48 AM

Why exactly would anybody deal with this company again?

Watch them price their sale/gen2 chips very competitively. People will fall for it again. Greed never fails to appear.

People with any idea of the history of Avalon wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Funny how they don't even mention anything about the FPGA trade-ins. I wonder what happened to that.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 01:50:27 AM

Third, Avalon announces a "clearance sale" on refunded chips, that probably will never make ROI unless BTC goes astronomical.

You have to admit, that is absolute conjecture.

kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 01:56:56 AM

did their official website annouce?

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:08:37 AM

Depends on what the price for the "clearance sale" chips, I admit. But, Redhash is quoting about 900 W per 105 Gh/s of old Avalon chips.

The power costs will be the deciding factor.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 04:13:01 AM

Depends on what the price for the "clearance sale" chips, I admit. But, Redhash is quoting about 900 W per 105 Gh/s of old Avalon chips.

The power costs will be the deciding factor.

Agreed its outdated tech (albeit in hand and readily available), but for some with free/ish power, do they really care? I'm sure the penguins do, but fuck the penguins.

*I am aware this is not a penguin.

Satobit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:17:22 AM

Avalon, the shame of China.
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:57:32 AM

Still pretty sure they'll get lots of presales since they are one of the few ASIC manufacturers here that have delivered.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:42:30 AM

FUCK Y I FU!!!!!!!!!!![
You will NEVER see any money/BTC from me or anyone I know........EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Same goes for BFL  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:21:21 AM

too bad to see that these guys went BFL ... still ... i'm pretty sure there are tons of retards who will send them BTC upfront.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:18:24 AM

too bad to see that these guys went BFL ... still ... i'm pretty sure there are tons of retards who will send them BTC upfront.

Because of Avalon's incompetence and intentional neglect, people will go to Bitfury for business.   Avalon will lose a huge market share now that they have not honored chips deals, shipments on time, etc.  I would not be surprised if they get a few law suits too.  I am out $2000 in lost product with Avalon.  They have still not honored it 6 months later.
Fullsurface

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:22:59 AM

Because of Avalon's incompetence and intentional neglect, people will go to Bitfury for business.   Avalon will lose a huge market share now that they have not honored chips deals, shipments on time, etc.  I would not be surprised if they get a few law suits too.  I am out $2000 in lost product with Avalon.  They have still not honored it 6 months later.

From hero's to zero sad to see  but  its there own fault
badalien

Activity: 540
Merit: 250

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 10:37:34 AM

AVALON go to the Hell
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:23:38 PM

personally, im a little excited to see how they proceed. at this point, they are surely looking at how they can fire-sale all thier chips to get the liquidity and space to move forwards on gen2

based on the redhash avalon copy, we should see avalon systems in the 10-20BTC range very soon. I'd even be okay with converting my electric bill payments to BTC as long as i can get back some solid resemblence of my investment in a 3-5month timeframe using conservative calculations - course avalon systems will be the first asic to go offline when the power costs exceed profit (the gen2 competitions are about 700% more efficient)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 05:13:42 PM

personally, im a little excited to see how they proceed. at this point, they are surely looking at how they can fire-sale all thier chips to get the liquidity and space to move forwards on gen2

based on the redhash avalon copy, we should see avalon systems in the 10-20BTC range very soon. I'd even be okay with converting my electric bill payments to BTC as long as i can get back some solid resemblence of my investment in a 3-5month timeframe using conservative calculations - course avalon systems will be the first asic to go offline when the power costs exceed profit (the gen2 competitions are about 700% more efficient)

Their gen2 will be DOA.

RIP

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 05:47:22 PM

Their gen2 will be DOA.

RIP

Then they'll just mine the shit out of it.

bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:35:24 PM

From what some folks have been saying (esp from the group buys), the guy goes from a hero to a goat in just a span of year.
shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:26:53 PM

From what some folks have been saying (esp from the group buys), the guy goes from a hero to a goat in just a span of year.

It probably would be safe to say he's been the goat all along. Pulling such a long con takes a very conniving mind, though. Just watch his arrogance show every now and then, and you get a good look at the mind behind that goatee Wink

tl;dr only suckers buy avalon anymore

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: