Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Las Vegas Strippers Accept Bitcoin via QR Tattoos  (Read 564 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:34:08 AM
Merited by funsponge (1)

https://news.bitcoin.com/las-vegas-strippers-accept-bitcoin-via-qr-tattoos/

A Las Vegas news show has featured a segment on an adult entertainment venue in the city which enables its dancers to get payments from clients directly via bitcoin transfers.

Well I guess these developments had to happen. I just hope the tattoo is accurate. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mickymax777

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

Cryptologist

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:41:05 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

A Las Vegas news show has featured a segment on an adult entertainment venue in the city which enables its dancers to get payments from clients directly via bitcoin transfers.

Well I guess these developments had to happen. I just hope the tattoo is accurate. Smiley

Hope the QR will maintain it's shape  Grin
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:01:34 PM

If it happened, it simply translates to using bitcoin for all entertainment services
in the environment.People may now do hotel booking also, watch matches, go to clubs,
and other entertainment varieties.I see a tomorrow when bitcoin shall use its decentralized
feature to gain relevance in all fields of life than the centralized counterpart fiat money
controlled by the laws and constraints of policies.
realsteve

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:00:37 PM

Oh, man. I've got to see a picture of this. I just can't search 'qr code stripper image' from work.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:09:19 PM

My comment when I saw this is that they should really have the QR code point to a redirectable URL.  If their address was compromised for some reason, it'd be a pain in the ass (perhaps literally) to have it changed.

Hey, realsteve, here's a pic for you:

Loading stripper with QR code...

Enjoy,
Ben
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:30:55 PM
Merited by BenOnceAgain (1)

I wonder how many punters use this as a pretence to take photos rather than donating coins.

Now when will we see a bunch of strippers chained together, and calling themselves the blockchain.
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:52:41 PM
Merited by paxmao (1), OriginTrain (1)

This is indeed good news!

I imagine a world where commercials on TV will have bitcoin QR codes that you can simply scan with your phone (like using a remote) and purchase things on "TV discount" promo.

If anything, this shows the potential bitcoin and crypto can offer to the vast industries because it shows how you can get more "call to action" purchases via many media -- TV, internet ads, mobile videos, in-game ads.

Heck, even a poster near a subway/bus stop can have a crypto QR code that consumers can swipe with their smartphone!

It actually furthers the agenda America has of "wanting it now!" So people can simply swipe at the sky with their phones to pay for things they'll get that instant. No logging into PayPal, no credit cards, no visiting websites! Just swipe, and voila, the product is yours!

It's instant gratification on both sides. Companies get an irreversible payment, consumers (hopefully) get instant delivery or the promise of such of their purchase.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:16:46 PM

I wonder how many punters use this as a pretence to take photos rather than donating coins.

Now when will we see a bunch of strippers chained together, and calling themselves the blockchain.

Oh my... I can only think of endless puns unfit for a "Serious Discussion Section"...
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:09:14 PM

As security precaution, they will need to use different address for every transaction. That sounded painful. So they need to change tattoo every day after every night of a transaction. Painful.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:29:52 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 05:56:00 AM by vina.lugtu

My comment when I saw this is that they should really have the QR code point to a redirectable URL.  If their address was compromised for some reason, it'd be a pain in the ass (perhaps literally) to have it changed.

Vegas was a great city and to have this adds to the Vegas life experience. I was wondering what will happen if they need to change the address for some reason?. I think they need to do the tattoo again. Even the greatest tattoo artist won't be able to edit QR code on skin. Looks good on the strippers though. It adds personality and attracts customers. Great idea but the stripper should look also.
SoliDCoiNs

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:34:39 AM
Merited by Vod (1)

This is actually a genius idea born in Vegas!
Hear me out:
- Spending just got a lot easier, scan the QR code and the money is there;
- The gratitude of money gets diminished because there is no objective feel of dollars (much like credit cards);
- That is a whole lot of promotion and marketing at itself, media just grabbed the story like crazy;
- Now it became impossible to clear the floor for guys or rethrow the papers -> more money for strippers.

But:
- Less shabang;
- Looks cool at first because its new, but later on it will get boring;
- Strip clubs get cyber-played - that is - weird;

Final answer: It wont hold for very long, a great way to promote though
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

Hope the QR will maintain it's shape  Grin
I think these are one of the problems the Strippers will have to face but qr codes could be printed on their clothing too as a temporay solution to this, hope cashing out will not be a problem for them.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:21:52 PM

What kind of loser would pay a stripper money, sad world we live in.
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:18:38 PM

My comment when I saw this is that they should really have the QR code point to a redirectable URL.  If their address was compromised for some reason, it'd be a pain in the ass (perhaps literally) to have it changed.
Vegas was a great city and to have this adds to the Vegas life experience. I was wondering what will happen if they need to change the address for some reason?. I think they need to do the tattoo again. Even the greatest tattoo artist won't be able to edit QR code on skin. Looks good on the strippers though. It adds personality and attracts customers. Great idea but the stripper should look also.

In the article it says that they are using temporary QR tattoos. Changing them is not a problem.

But it is always great to see new and innovative ways to use Bitcoin. There are dangers too. When you are doing the payment with your phone, someone could take your phone and empty your wallet.....
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:58:30 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

There are dangers too. When you are doing the payment with your phone, someone could take your phone and empty your wallet.....

Which body part are you suggesting that the stripper might use? Smiley
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:32:57 PM

But it is always great to see new and innovative ways to use Bitcoin. There are dangers too. When you are doing the payment with your phone, someone could take your phone and empty your wallet.....

Well, the same thing can happen when you get your wallet out of the pocket. Someone can steal it and run away. That's why you don't carry around all the money you have  earned during your whole life.
kunsh

Activity: 145
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:18:37 AM

More people use it more popular will be. Today's are strippers tomorrow will be someone else, all that is great for crypto.
cryptocommoner

Activity: 112
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

There are dangers too. When you are doing the payment with your phone, someone could take your phone and empty your wallet.....

Which body part are you suggesting that the stripper might use? Smiley

I'm guessing they would use their ankles so that they can hang them over the stage.  Or, you might see them on either side of your face  Wink

But, this could actually be a pain for the guy/girl just waiting for a lap dance if the network is slow.  Imagine just sitting there waiting on the block confirmations...there is never a better time to implement the lightning network fully  Grin
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:58:22 PM

I imagine a world where commercials on TV will have bitcoin QR codes that you can simply scan with your phone (like using a remote) and purchase things on "TV discount" promo.

Incredible idea. Simple yet revolutionary. This alone is why crypto will innovate and reach mainstream adoption eventually. Might take a hundred years, but when society is ready to evolve financially from its current slavery, it will.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:02:11 PM

My comment when I saw this is that they should really have the QR code point to a redirectable URL.  If their address was compromised for some reason, it'd be a pain in the ass (perhaps literally) to have it changed.

Hey, realsteve, here's a pic for you:

Loading stripper with QR code...

Enjoy,
Ben

This post alone make my day! But hey, is that a real woman?

Saw the news through one of the post in 9gag and I'm speechless. How many patrons of that strip club that goes often and are requesting to pay with Bitcoins which prompts them to take such action?

Yes, payment through debit or credit cards can be trace. But, spreading this kind of news to the public? It will make wives more suspicious on their crypto enthusiast husband. Banks will tighten their KYC. Why not just pay and stick with cash? It's not traceable and they can just bury their income on some stash or better buy a safe vault.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: