Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:07:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Las Vegas Strippers Accept Bitcoin via QR Tattoos  (Read 564 times)
tbalazs

Activity: 126
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:00:57 PM

I love the fact that this discussion is at the Serious discussion part Smiley
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:02:21 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/las-vegas-strippers-accept-bitcoin-via-qr-tattoos/

A Las Vegas news show has featured a segment on an adult entertainment venue in the city which enables its dancers to get payments from clients directly via bitcoin transfers.

Well I guess these developments had to happen. I just hope the tattoo is accurate. Smiley

My comment when I saw this is that they should really have the QR code point to a redirectable URL.  If their address was compromised for some reason, it'd be a pain in the ass (perhaps literally) to have it changed.

Hey, realsteve, here's a pic for you:

Loading stripper with QR code...

Enjoy,
Ben

This post alone make my day! But hey, is that a real woman?

Saw the news through one of the post in 9gag and I'm speechless. How many patrons of that strip club that goes often and are requesting to pay with Bitcoins which prompts them to take such action?

Yes, payment through debit or credit cards can be trace. But, spreading this kind of news to the public? It will make wives more suspicious on their crypto enthusiast husband. Banks will tighten their KYC. Why not just pay and stick with cash? It's not traceable and they can just bury their income on some stash or better buy a safe vault.

Holy crap. That is insane. Yeah I agree, even paying with fiat paper money can lead to the same argument (you can't track physical currency as well as digital), but with their wallet address TATTOOED ON THEIR SKIN it's kinda obvious who owns the wallet and all those transactions are traceable.

As for Banks tightening their KYC because strippers are tattooing their BTC wallet address....You lost me there.
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:33:40 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I imagine a world where commercials on TV will have bitcoin QR codes that you can simply scan with your phone (like using a remote) and purchase things on "TV discount" promo.

Incredible idea. Simple yet revolutionary. This alone is why crypto will innovate and reach mainstream adoption eventually. Might take a hundred years, but when society is ready to evolve financially from its current slavery, it will.

Shouldn't really take a hundred years? You can do that now. I could literally make a youtube video right now where the video pauses and there's a fullscreen QR Code with the phrase below: "Scan with your phone to ORDER NOW!"

I know that will work btw Tongue. I once bought BTC from a guy at McDonald's. I screenshotted my Bittrex QR code on my tablet, then opened the JPG on my tablet and showed it to him.

He swiped it with his phone, and it registered my BTC address! I guess, then. The bigger issue is how does my business register their details. Maybe their bitcoin address would have a signature with their delivery details? I'm not even sure. Maybe their mobile wallet allows them to input details with their purchase, like address, email, etc..

I think this could really work already today. If I had a legit business where I was selling products or services, I would seriously consider doing this -- just making TV and YouTube commercials where there's a QR code they swipe, and then their mobile wallets ask them to input their personal details before they send the crypto.

I think CoinPayments already does something similar to this, but I'm not sure CoinPayments has a mobile app.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:44:52 AM

I imagine a world where commercials on TV will have bitcoin QR codes that you can simply scan with your phone (like using a remote) and purchase things on "TV discount" promo.

Incredible idea. Simple yet revolutionary. This alone is why crypto will innovate and reach mainstream adoption eventually. Might take a hundred years, but when society is ready to evolve financially from its current slavery, it will.

Shouldn't really take a hundred years? You can do that now. I could literally make a youtube video right now where the video pauses and there's a fullscreen QR Code with the phrase below: "Scan with your phone to ORDER NOW!"

I know that will work btw Tongue. I once bought BTC from a guy at McDonald's. I screenshotted my Bittrex QR code on my tablet, then opened the JPG on my tablet and showed it to him.

He swiped it with his phone, and it registered my BTC address! I guess, then. The bigger issue is how does my business register their details. Maybe their bitcoin address would have a signature with their delivery details? I'm not even sure. Maybe their mobile wallet allows them to input details with their purchase, like address, email, etc..

I think this could really work already today. If I had a legit business where I was selling products or services, I would seriously consider doing this -- just making TV and YouTube commercials where there's a QR code they swipe, and then their mobile wallets ask them to input their personal details before they send the crypto.

I think CoinPayments already does something similar to this, but I'm not sure CoinPayments has a mobile app.

Oh yeah you can definitely do it now, but I still believe it will take yet another generation at least until the sleepy mainstream really adopts this stuff and uses it. Currently they just see the whole cryptosphere as a gambling medium. Mainstream awareness is not yet educated in any way of the potential.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:48:07 AM

This is an inferior version of an idea I had some time ago, for creation of an erotic Bitcoin fetish involving temporary tattoos of QR codes.  My desire to implement this idea influenced many things, including the original motivation for the segvan vanity address generator, and also my ill-fated entanglement with Alia.

Please see the reply in Bitcoin Discussion by my relevant new role account, which is ineligible to post in Serious Discussion:

Erotic Bitcoin fetish: On my precedent idea for sexy QR code (temporary) tattoos

(Note:  I did not see this thread (or any news whatsoever about the Las Vegas ecdysiasts’ QR code use) until Lovecove replied to my earlier post in Meta.  I have developed a habit of checking post history when involved in merit discussions (among other scenarios).  That led here...)
Red Lanterns

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 10:33:59 AM

A Las Vegas news show has featured a segment on an adult entertainment venue in the city which enables its dancers to get payments from clients directly via bitcoin transfers.

Well I guess these developments had to happen. I just hope the tattoo is accurate. Smiley

If I were tattoo master I'd make her tattoo with the code with my wallet Smiley
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:03:59 PM

The pic made my day.

But I can see that this could bring something good in this industry which of which we often do not want to talk about.
Ladies can possible can more easily get out from under pimps.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:46:03 AM

Reading the article, I was bemused to find out that banks will shut down an individuals account based on moral reasons. That's a very biased point of view, especially in a country which is supposed to free, fair and just. As long as it's not illegal to strip, which is the case in Las Vegas, then why deny them an account? Now I am beginning to re-think this whole KYC/AML thing, so banks or financial institutions could put in regulations not to accept payments from certain sources even though they are legit and are not involved in any illegal activities.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:19:29 PM

The religious and morality nut cases cause all sorts of problems in societies. We've got them in England, they pretend to promote racial tolerance, but then they use white supremacist descriptions like " person of colour".
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:49:54 PM

Reading the article, I was bemused to find out that banks will shut down an individuals account based on moral reasons. That's a very biased point of view, especially in a country which is supposed to free, fair and just. As long as it's not illegal to strip, which is the case in Las Vegas, then why deny them an account? Now I am beginning to re-think this whole KYC/AML thing, so banks or financial institutions could put in regulations not to accept payments from certain sources even though they are legit and are not involved in any illegal activities.
"
Most likely because is an activity that is prone to money laundering and because most investors would rather not be involved in it. The sex  "business" is many times linked to illegal activities.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:30:33 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 12:50:23 AM by nullius

"
Most likely because is an activity that is prone to money laundering and because most investors would rather not be involved in it. The sex  "business" is many times linked to illegal activities.

paxmao, that is a mixture of uninformed speculation and hasty generalization on your part.  Cliché, too:  “Money laundering” is a well-known catch-all excuse for actions desired on other grounds; and Bitcoiners of all people should be wary of such arguments, on same grounds that “money laundering” was one of the official “Four Horsemen” of the Infocalypse commonly seen in 90s-era crypto law discussions.  Why do you want non-KYC, non-bank-controlled money?  Are you a criminal?

Although it’s certainly true that the “mainstream” of these types of businesses often have unsavoury links (especially in the U.S.), commercial suppression of sex-related businesses is driven by moral and social factors (specifically in the U.S.).  Banks often close the accounts of independent operators (think: swinger couple with a website).  Even sex bloggers can run into trouble here.  Add soft or hard rejection by Paypal (strictly against T.O.S.), Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Patreon, GoFundMe, and many other such companies—really, it seems that the only ones who don’t have any problems staying in business are carnal charnel houses with deep pockets and shady connections.

I’ve noticed that certain social media places for independent virtual sex trade carry warnings about Paypal and/or Google Wallet, which should be heeded by those who wish to keep their accounts.  Paypal is notorious in this aspect; and I somewhat doubt that “money laundering” be their motivation.  Curiously enough, /r/GirlsGoneBitcoin has no such problem.

I have more information about this.  Earlier, I drafted a long reply to TrumpD (before Jet Cash’s reply).  However, it’s not yet quite ready.  I may finish it up later, pending some other things.

Edit:  My memory flaked out; it has been (cough) awhile since I actually read the Cypherpunk FAQ, a/k/a the Cyphernomicon.  I have corrected the text of that paragraph, and added a link for reference.  “Money laundering” was one of T.C. May’s original “Four Horsemen” at § 8.3.4:  “‘How will privacy and anonymity be attacked?’  [...]  like so many other ‘computer hacker’ items, as a tool for the ‘Four Horsemen’: drug-dealers, money-launderers, terrorists, and pedophiles.”  Now, compare the typical mass-media FUD agitprop scare stories which smear Bitcoin as a thing for underground criminals.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:07:28 AM

My comment when I saw this is that they should really have the QR code point to a redirectable URL.  If their address was compromised for some reason, it'd be a pain in the ass (perhaps literally) to have it changed.

Enjoy,
Ben

They use temporary tattoos, it's not a real tattoo Cheesy

Now when will we see a bunch of strippers chained together, and calling themselves the blockchain.

Dude! This cracked me up  Grin  Grin

Since BCT is the largest community of BTC holders, how many of you US guys spent your BTC on them?  Grin
thelma987

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

Finally, the sin city has finally transgressed again with this new style of payment. QR tattoos? How ridiculous! We'll, it will only help in circulation of liquid cash, it will reduce drastically; all you need is your smartphone, but I hope this QR tattoos won't fade off.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:33:25 AM

I think its a good marketing strategy. They have a lot of customers in Las Vegas and probably a lot of them doesn't bring cash with them and prefer other payment method. Payment using QR code will provide convenience to its customers. Good marketing strategy. I just hope that the tattoo artist will make it 100% correct because it will be very hard to read if its not that perfect.
Sergey Minchenko

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:43:41 AM

Thats so damn cyberpunk.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 11:19:49 PM by nullius

This topic has pushed somebody to get busy:

Because I am a tease:

Loading teaser...

Watch me if you want.

❤️ The Meretrix

Yes, that is actual photographic skin beneath the QR code—and it is not the only photographic material integrated into the image.

This is an inferior version of an idea I had some time ago
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:27:25 AM

haha, very funny fact. Soon, the blockchain will become as widely used, that you can even give money to homeless via crypto, it would be very funny. However, these news are really cool in some point - it means, that more and more people are involved into the industry and the industry itself will develop and grow. That certainly makes me happy!)
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:53:15 AM

Interestingly enough, this is a very old topic. It was in the news almost  a year ago, they are just pushing the story once again for hype:

Sindy from the Members Room at $LGD rocking one of the new dancer tattoos.  #bitcoin #blockchain #womenintech #ethereum #vegas #bittrex #

12:27 AM - Aug 15, 2017

https://mashable.com/2017/08/21/legends-room-strippers-bitcoin/#xhUHIJhxsaqF

Also, the Amsterdam sex workers were years ahead at this point. Although, it was most likely not tattoos back than.

Starting on March 20, 2014, Amsterdam’s Bitcoin Boulevard opened up an entire street of commerce to Bitcoin payments.

CoinDesk reports that while it was a hard sell at first, many of the restaurant owners started seeing the advantages of Bitcoin – such as the low transaction costs, the ease of payment for international guests and the promotional value.

https://www.coindesk.com/dutch-streets-adopt-cryptocurrency-become-bitcoin-boulevard/

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/07/26/online-payments-prostitution-internet-transforming-oldest-profession/

Hope that adds to the historic perspective of the topic: it was there long time ago.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: