Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Litecoin a Snail/slow coin?  (Read 130 times)
Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:07:15 PM

But the coin not drop in big scale right ? its still growing over time, better like that than dying and be forgotten over time, anyway ethereum is much more different than litecoin, you know why.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:07:47 PM

No its not because its offical China pump and dump coin thats being manipulated from its own creator Charlie Lee,guy first sold his ltc at 350$ because moral standards and after that he said that he would be suprised that ltc price goes back to 10$.Now he is back shilling it again saying that the flappening will happen
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:11:35 PM

honestly after watching litecoins for years the coins is definition of snail.
moves so slowly.
why people love it and go dam crazy about it so much i do not know.

litecoin was launched in 2011 and its still not hit $500.
ethereum was introduced in 2015 and it has grown so much.

litecoin is so slow.
There is no problem with  snail growth. Even you don't grow in  day. It is called organic growth. If i would invest, I rather choose a coin that has an organic growth than a coin that pumps up and suddenly goes down after a week or month.

Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:16:05 PM

make no mistake, litecoin will be a promising coin in the future. although it looks very slow in the graph. but, this coin will compete with bitcoin cash and xrp, even in my opinion this coin will be the most popular coin after btc and eth, we'll see its forwards.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:29:13 PM

Agree with the point that Litecoin growth is like snail and your comparison with Ethereum is really valid. The back up team should think of some more rigorous methods to drive this potential coin to compete with top rated altcoins, Litecoin has all the potential already but the driving to reach the highest price is lacking I think. Hope it will raise at least to double the price within this year.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:37:11 PM

Can't expect much from a 'copy paste and rename' coin which just came after the father of cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin. Even its creator Charlie Lee sold and donated all of his holdings which worsens the situation at hand. With that said, adding up the pace of a snail and a turtle would be a better comparison to throw at Litecoin.

By this logic, every coin which was founded in the early days should be in the race for being on the top, while the coins that progressed by showing actual usefulness and applications should not grow at a faster rate? Ethereum is where it is today, only because of its rapid growth and implementation through smart contracts and decentralized applications over the years.
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:38:55 PM

ur comparison is a bit misleading. ethereum's growth stems largely from it being viewed as a huge platform for dapp development or smart contract execution. Litecoin is doing quite well for itself by just being a medium of exchange/store of value like btc.
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:51:51 PM

Because litecoin is a fork that has no value for technology and for people, its great popularity is due to the fact that it is the second
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:56:23 PM

The LTC project is quite an interesting project, which has a very positive effect on the crypto currency world in general. Transactions of the LTC project are quite fast and probably have no analogues. But soon there will be lightning integration into the network bitcoin, so I think that LTC is temporary
imperatron

Activity: 459

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:04:41 PM

Sometimes it is better for a coin to move up slowly. After a huge pumps follows always a huge dump. So if you are an investor with some time, jut buy Litecoin and hold it for a long time!
ukw

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:57:21 PM

moves so slowly.

litecoin is so slow.

You have made a good comparison. Honestly, I can not explain why people like so Litecoin. Perhaps it is a "safe" investment, but for a very long time and for a small return.  Huh

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:44:55 PM

I own some Litecoin, have previously been vocal about my love for Litecoin, will hold it for now since I got in at a decent price, but won't hesitate to sell if I don't see it doing something that sets it apart from all the exciting new, lightning fast, scalable tech with low transaction fees.
I'm getting weary of Litecoin. The coin itself still has a decent usecase and of course I know the whole "silver to Bitcoin's gold" analogy, but silver can tarnish, dudes.

What bugs me the most is that Charlie Lee (aka Satoshi Lite on twitter) is acting like a McAfee Lite (McAfLee Lite?  Grin) instead. He totally rained on the Litecoin parade when it was at its all-time high with his tweet about not buying if people can't handle it dropping to $20.
Then he made a big deal of announcing on Twitter that he had sold most of his holdings. Sure, he said it was a "conflict of interest" thing but if he wanted to make it known that he had sold his LTC, there are more subtle ways of announcing these things that won't rock a volatile market.

I think that someone who wants to really support his coin won't be doing things like this when everyone knows that crypto reacts massively to news - both positive and negative. Makes me think he has a bit of a God-complex and loves to see what impact his tweets have on the market.
Aaarono

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:46:14 PM

moves so slowly.

litecoin is so slow.

It had a really good progress in the past few weeks. I mean, it went up from 50$ to $300 and now it maintains at a $230 level.
I think that's pretty good. Sooner or later it iwll moon again.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:03:10 PM

moves so slowly.

litecoin is so slow.
Honestly litecoin's transaction speed is better than bitcoin and ethereum's tx confirmations that is why most of the people are choosing litecoin over these two giants which has congested network,litecoin's founder is a good man and he knows how to appreciate other's project that is why most of the people shows respect to litecoin.

active706

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:04:39 PM

People like Litecoin only because it’s old and it’s counting as crypto silver ... after crypto gold - Bitcoin. It’s same, silver is much more cheaper than gold ...
but still I had good profit while buying LTC in 72$ and selling in 300$
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:09:10 PM

Litecoin's tx speed is a lot better than bitcoin and ethereum's tx confirmation that is why most of the people are getting this coin as a good exit when these people are cashing out because it has faster block confirmation compare to the two that i have mentioned,plus it has  stable price movements than bitcoin's that is why it is being considered as a safe haven when the market bleeds.

cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:16:51 PM

It is not a slow coin,it has better transaction speed than bitcoin that is why it is getting more popular because bitcoin's network is very congested as well as ethereum's network.If you are going to have payment system you should have use litecoin over bitcoin because of its faster blocks confirmations,it is better than others because it has stable price in the market.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: