Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:26:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-cash and Bitcoin Gold official wallets  (Read 77 times)
Captain_Planet (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:55:06 PM

Guyz can you help me, where do I get the official wallet for bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold?
Thank you for the replies.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:59:24 PM
Merited by Captain_Planet (1)

Guyz can you help me, where do I get the official wallet for bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold?

I'm pretty sure electrum supports BCH, I don't know about BTG though. You can download a BCH wallet from here https://wallet.bitcoin.com/ or check out the Electrum website for one (be sure to check it supports BCH)

Captain_Planet (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:03:07 PM

Thank you for the answer, but isn't electrum a third party site?
Also I tried to withdraw my Bitcoin cash funds into blockchain.info's Bitcoin cash wallet id, but bittrex denied it by saying the wallet is invalid. Dont know why? Cry
Captain_Planet (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:07:16 PM

Is this official website for bitcoin gold?  https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:13:48 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 03:25:25 PM by Pan Troglodytes
Merited by Captain_Planet (1)

Is this official website for bitcoin gold?  https://bitcoingold.org/downloads/

To download the official wallets, please verify the site's certificate before you do so, and additionally make sure the hashes for your downloaded files are OK too. This are very wise precautions to follow.

The official bitcoin wallets are clones of Bitcoin Core, the official full node wallet for Bitcoin.

Please note, that for both wallets it will be forever (days, if you are lucky - or have a good ISP - or weeks) before they fully synchronise.

Check the site certificates before you download!
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:22:10 PM

I'm pretty sure electrum supports BCH, I don't know about BTG though. You can download a BCH wallet from here https://wallet.bitcoin.com/ or check out the Electrum website for one (be sure to check it supports BCH)
Electrum actually DOESN'T support BCH. BCH is supported by Electron Cash (if I don't mistake the name) which was a clone of Electrum for Bitcoin Cash but it was rumoured it was not safe! I recommend you make 100% sure it is safe BEFORE you use it.

There are many good wallets that support BCH: Jaxx supports BCH, for instance.

BCH is supported by hardware wallets too and it is the best option (most secure, in my book) to go forward, but of course it depends on exactly what usecase you have in mind. If you are to extract some air dropped BCH and you already have a private key, you cannot use a hardware wallet to do it, but you can use Jaxx.
Captain_Planet (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:26:16 PM

Thank you for the detailed answer. Very much appreciated. I downloaded BTG wallet but it requires almost 150GB of full BTC blockchain to synch which I dont have that much of a space. All I want is to cashout from bittrex because its not safe to keep your funds in an exchange. But the official wallet is way too big, I will buy a hardware wallet now. Thank you again.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:31:10 PM

Have you tried to look for these projects on official websites? I found them there. But I do not remember the addresses of official sites, they can be found on coinmarketcap, if you want, you can do it.
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

Thank you for the detailed answer. Very much appreciated. I downloaded BTG wallet but it requires almost 150GB of full BTC blockchain to synch which I dont have that much of a space. All I want is to cashout from bittrex because its not safe to keep your funds in an exchange. But the official wallet is way too big, I will buy a hardware wallet now. Thank you again.
Definitely, hardware wallet is the most secure option out there, it may look it is expensive at a first glance, but in a long term that security is not that expensive at all.

Just make sure you buy it from the original manufacturer only (Trezor or Ledger), because there were many scam reports involving devices bought on eBay (maliciously preconfigured devices), and make sure you inspect the security seal after you have received it, to verify that the device had not been tampered with; and you should be OK Smiley
Captain_Planet (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:01:25 PM

Definitely, hardware wallet is the most secure option out there, it may look it is expensive at a first glance, but in a long term that security is not that expensive at all.

Just make sure you buy it from the original manufacturer only (Trezor or Ledger), because there were many scam reports involving devices bought on eBay (maliciously preconfigured devices), and make sure you inspect the security seal after you have received it, to verify that the device had not been tampered with; and you should be OK Smiley

Thank you for the tip.  Smiley
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:01:10 PM

Thank you for the tip.  Smiley
no worries, I am glad I could help you. Good luck, mate!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: