Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates Claims “CryptoCurrencies Is A Rare Technology Directly Causing Deaths  (Read 151 times)
Xioma (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:42:08 PM

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/dux49ll/

Do you think this will cause a bear trend? But more importantly, do you agree with him?

As important as he is, I think that's somewhat of a false equivalency.

I mean, many people also use Windows to buy drugs online and do illegal stuff. Does Windows contribute to directly causing deaths? I don't think so.

Thoughts?
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:45:12 PM

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/dux49ll/

Do you think this will cause a bear trend? But more importantly, do you agree with him?

I mean, many people also use Windows to buy drugs online and do illegal stuff. Does Windows contribute to directly causing deaths? I don't think so.

Thoughts?

It won't cause a bear trend, maybe we can attribute some of the price falls today to it. It would be quite great if someone had have pointed out that point about windows to him. In fact given that argument windows is probably worse than bitcoin, it opened so many new channels whereas bitcoin isn't all that different to FIAT, it just may make some things a little easier.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
LeroyBro

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:47:38 PM

He could have just done like 20 minutes of research to see this isn't the case.  Huh

Seems out of touch, that sucks.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 04:48:46 PM

Wow! Worse than unregulated guns?  Shocked Roll Eyes

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
LeroyBro

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:50:51 PM

Yeah, by his logic anything can be linked to direct deaths.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

Super flawed logic although it isn't incorrect. We should stop using knives, pans, and anything alike that could cause some harm onto somebody. Better yet lets stop using the US dollar altogether because that causes drug death too. Good intention, bad logic in action.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:01:44 PM

LOL,anyone can create reddits account and post something like that,claming someone from some big foundations.Only weak people will get fooled by that post,it is from unknown person who might be trolling all the users in reddit whom read his post.Be cautious everytime so you wont get panicked with these type of unknown sources and news.

jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:19:22 PM

LOL,anyone can create reddits account and post something like that,claming someone from some big foundations.Only weak people will get fooled by that post,it is from unknown person who might be trolling all the users in reddit whom read his post.Be cautious everytime so you wont get panicked with these type of unknown sources and news.

That is Bill Gates. He's used reddit before on numerous occasions for such things. You cannot just dismiss everything as FUD.

His logic seems very backwards, it's not the fault of bitcoin that people are funding terrorism. They first have to buy the BTC and that will come from a FIAT currency like USD.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:24:00 PM

Now there are so many fake people that people start believing this without checking any sources, where did you get this information from? I heard that Bill, on the contrary, spoke positively about the project.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:29:57 PM

Now there are so many fake people that people start believing this without checking any sources, where did you get this information from? I heard that Bill, on the contrary, spoke positively about the project.

It's a verified account it seems. It is an AMA with 100k upvotes approved by Reddit, so yes it's Bill Gates, and yes it seems he said what he said. I don't see where he ever was positive about Bitcoin.

Bill Gates is working with the NSA by using his spyware (windows). Of course he isn't going to like open source stuff that empowers the individual. Bill Gates is a total NSA shill, he can never be pro-Bitcoin.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:38:00 PM

"Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way"

What an idiot, and by his same dumbass logic, Windows has caused a lot more deaths than cryptocurrencies since this OS has made it possible for people to buy drugs using their PC's, even way before Bitcoin was created. The fact that Bill Gates is repeating the same script that the bankers and the media keep repeating over and over again on the news is just disgusting...but it shouldn't be surprising since he's just another puppet for the US govt.

But this caught me off guard: "main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity", this is so wrong, I wouldn't even say that he's uninformed since cryptocurrencies have been around for years now. Either he's confusing privacy with anonymity, or like I said before, he's just following the script he read before replying on Reddit.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:23:55 PM

If that is really what his point of view so be it,he might just want to take down the market so he could buy a lot of bitcoins,just like what other billionaires are doing so they can have good entries in the cryptocurrency market,shady business i dont really impressed with his statement that is my from now on i wont follow his social media accounts.

cryptomngr

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:30:05 PM

Yeah, by his logic anything can be linked to direct deaths.
Yeah too much knowledge will turn anyone into that,that is why i dont follow most of these billionaires because you wont learn something good with these people,he might just want to take down the market so he could easily buy some cheap bitcoins,good for entry is waiting for his statements.What a mess with these manipulators,the market could easily fall down.

realsteve

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:45:26 PM

What percent of cryto does he think is used to buy fentanyl? What a bizarre statement. If this is the worst thing he can think of, cryptos couldn't possibly be that bad.

Microsoft does everything in its power to avoid corporate taxes. This is why they have offices in places like Ireland. And speaking of their Ireland offices, MS is currently involved in a Supreme Court fight over privacy rights.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:51:57 PM

What percent of cryto does he think is used to buy fentanyl? What a bizarre statement. If this is the worst thing he can think of, cryptos couldn't possibly be that bad.

Microsoft does everything in its power to avoid corporate taxes. This is why they have offices in places like Ireland. And speaking of their Ireland offices, MS is currently involved in a Supreme Court fight over privacy rights.
Yeah that is the point,how can we trust anyone like that person if his company isnt paying the right taxes?that is only his point of view but we should take that as a negative thing,he will always be anti-bitcoin nerd,he might upto something that is why he gave that statement we shouldnt be listening to anyone,if your really believe in the blockchain technology.

matsusomoto

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:03:25 PM

What a fool,his logic seems to be eaten by his billions of dollars,repeating the same old script just to get attention from the media.He might be into something that is why he wants to pull off the trigger,so that he can join us? a perfect entry needs a good FUD, so that the market will fall down and the bitcoin's price would be more cheaper,what a jerk.

qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:17:48 PM

Thoughts?
Does bill gates have his Twitter or Linkedin? Such statements should normally be confirmed in person. I don't believe the media, you could always buy them.
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:24:49 PM

Thoughts?
Does bill gates have his Twitter or Linkedin? Such statements should normally be confirmed in person. I don't believe the media, you could always buy them.
Yeah its confirmed,its him who posts that statement in the reddit,i dont really expect that kind of logic from a person like him,either way we shouldnt be affected by anyone's statement if you really believed in what blockchain can do statement like this is worthless,these media will do whatever they can to stop cryptocurrencies.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:27:41 PM

I can tell you what is also bad:

BILL GATES III

B     I    L    L    G   A    T    E   S   III
66+73+76+76+71+65+84+69+83+3 = 666

M S - D O S   6 . 2 1
77+83+45+68+79+83+32+54+46+50+49 = 666

W I N D O W S 95
87+73+78+68+79+87+83+57+53+1 = 666

in case anyone needs it
http://www.asciitable.com/

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
steadyrice

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:31:10 PM

That is a very generic response coming from him and frankly I'm disappointed. I would have expected a more substantial answer from someone who should know a lot about the latest technologies. If we're going to ban crypto because they are being used by baddies as well, then we should ban pretty much everything.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: