Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:24:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What am I mining through Electrum ?  (Read 104 times)
Jokerdeadzon (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:59:04 PM

Good day to everyone !

First of all, please apologize for my english, this is not my native language and please apologize for my newbie question...

I'm a newcomer on crypto and even though i know that I'm a bit too late for mining, I wanted to try and give it a shot !

So I followed a step by step tutorial on youtube to mine some verge coin through Electrum. So I went to Electrum website and downloaded + installed the app. So far so good. I'm connected to the network, I do have a receiving adress. I'm connected to Verge Electrum server in this adress : 83.169.38.218. Red circle turned to green. I'm all set for mining !

After that I went to https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/re... to download ccminer-x64-2.2.4-cuda9. The thing is when I opened this file I found only 4 cmd to run :

- RUN-BTX-YIIMP.cmd
- RUN-CREA.cmd
- RUN-HUSH-YIIMP.bat
- RUN-VTC-YIIMP.bat

Since the guy in the step by step video had some trouble to run a mining cmd... (he had some failed stratum connection) I've decided to try to open one of those file and see for myself. So I opened the first one (RUN-BTX-YIIMP.cmd) and it worked ! It looks like I'm mining ! But the thing is I don't know what currency I am mining...! Am I mining Bitcore or am I mining Verge ? If I mining Bitcore, does my receiving adress is configure to receive any cryptocurrency I mine ? Or only for Verge coin ?

As I'm writing, the cmd shows : accepted 44/44 (diff 0.252), 6530.51kH/s yes !
I don't know what that means, I'm sure it means good but if someone could explain to me what does those "accepted" means, it would be great.

So just to recap : What am I mining ? Bitcore or Verge ? And if the answer is Bitcore, does my receiving adress is well configure to receive those coins ? (Receiving adress is : D5MzC5YwV5fBt...)

Thank you in advance for all your answer, and if this post is misplaced (As new as I am in the cryptoworld, I'm also not used to social media and forum...), please excuse me and feel free to do anything you want with this post (move it or delete it...)

Thanks again and have a great day !

Joker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: