Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK staking  (Read 410 times)
Poink (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:54:46 PM

This is an ARK shill. Wink

I started staking ARK on 09/2017.  I earned a net of 154 coins in less than 6 months, and that is less the delegate voting fee and transfer fees.  My holdings increased over time...starting from just 91 coins (initial purchase).  My current average annual return is 12.65% (this fluctuates).

The beauty of ARK DPOS is that you just move the coins to a wallet, vote for a delegate and you are done. No need to run your computer to stake, no power consumption, much less exposure to hacking, no down time due to power outage, etc.

ARK is a solid project, very active, and sold on good exchanges (Bittrex, Binance, OKEx, etc.).  It had a slow start, but they are now rolling out products and also engaged a new marketing team.  The dev team is great and the multiple projects are very ambitious...but progressing as promised.  If I have one complain, IMHO they have too much projects going which in itself is actually good.

With prices as low as they are now, the current product roll out, and marketing... there is no better time to invest.  ARK for me is one of the most under valued coin at the moment.

Personally, I plan on strengthening my ARK position and hoping to buy more soon.  Just sharing my thoughts before it takes off!  Grin
mickaelsilver10

Activity: 1288
Merit: 283

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:52:57 PM

Can you explain us how to proceed please ??

I am holding ark in ark's wallet but I don't really understand how to proceed to start staking ARK !

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Poink (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:04:27 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 10:38:24 PM by Poink

Can you explain us how to proceed please ??

I am holding ark in ark's wallet but I don't really understand how to proceed to start staking ARK !

You can find delegate info/proposal here...
http://calculator.reconnico.com/  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FGo3FkC3uSWXGHatPQyny2brMWjAIJsHFCR-Lhkl_m0/edit#gid=0

....just enter your coin count (no need for the address) and see which delegate will give you the best return/pay out.

After you chose your delegate, these guides can explain it much better than I can...

https://medium.com/@jarunik/ark-how-to-vote-a-delegate-to-get-rewards-70a6f929e806

https://i.redd.it/z629fgqmasyz.jpg

Good luck!
Poink (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:10:57 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 08:32:04 PM by Poink

Note that each delegate have their own proposal to entice people to vote for them.  I chose one who pay me the highest annual return on weekly basis.  Look at the percentages.  

Stay with someone who has higher ranking, they will be less likely to get bumped off the pool. Wink

Note that there are numerous ARK calculators around and seems like some use old data for their competition to make themselves more "attractive".  Sorry I do not know which is the best.

As a sample, my delegate is giving me almost twice what the calculator above says.  I know part of it is because of "loyalty bonus" incentive, since I never changed delegates since I started.

Good luck!
mickaelsilver10

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:32:55 PM

Note that each delegate have their own proposal to entice people to vote for them.  I chose one who pay me the highest annual return on weekly basis.  Look at the percentages. 

Stay with someone who has higher ranking, they will be less likely to get bumped off the pool. Wink

Good luck!

According to you, can you tell me who pay the highest annual return ? And what % can we claim ?

Big thanks for your help

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Poink (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:40:05 PM

Note that each delegate have their own proposal to entice people to vote for them.  I chose one who pay me the highest annual return on weekly basis.  Look at the percentages.  

Good luck!

According to you, can you tell me who pay the highest annual return ? And what % can we claim ?

Big thanks for your help

Again I am not sure.  Based on my coin count and based on that calculator... if I am choosing a delegate now, I might choose CaliDelegate.  Rank 25, and 95% distribution.

Tanhdoit

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:07:36 PM

Isn't ARK a fork of Lisk? ARK and RISE all do delegate staking is this correct? Why would you want to hold or stake ARK, and not buy LISK? I see bigger potential and price break out with LISK than ARK.
Poink (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:45:37 PM

Isn't ARK a fork of Lisk? ARK and RISE all do delegate staking is this correct? Why would you want to hold or stake ARK, and not buy LISK? I see bigger potential and price break out with LISK than ARK.

Yes it is a fork but they have different goals now and I happened to like ARK's project more.

LISK is a good coin and I think both are good to invest on, I just see better return with ARK...I could be mistaken.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:16:12 PM

Yes it is a fork but they have different goals now and I happened to like ARK's project more.

LISK is a good coin and I think both are good to invest on, I just see better return with ARK...I could be mistaken.
Lisk is not right as ARK in my opinion. With so many inflation and therefore I never heard about the result of SDK development. ARK was working to build coss bridge to another blockchain system just like what will be happened with ethereum to construct a blockchain to the dogecoin and then make it reusable again sooner.

I have 10k ark and I just keep my mine in mywallet. 
Isolation

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:39:57 PM

I own some ARK as well and staking it is pretty easy. I like the roadmap of the coin, as the developers are working on some interesting things such as Smart Bridges for crypto. Time will tell if it works out.
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:45:24 PM

Yes if we buy and hold lisk right now then we will not get free ark anymore.
After that, if we dont have ark so we can not do delegate staking and no extra earning. Although the price higher but not more free ark for lisk holder now.
Poink (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:16:39 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 02:47:04 PM by Poink

I own some ARK as well and staking it is pretty easy. I like the roadmap of the coin, as the developers are working on some interesting things such as Smart Bridges for crypto. Time will tell if it works out.

ACES is already done for ETH (and all ERC20 coins) Wink  According to them, adding new coins after will be so much easier.  It will skyrocket soon. Wink
mickaelsilver10

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:11:37 AM

Good luck!

Big thanks for your help

Again I am not sure.  Based on my coin count and based on that calculator... if I am choosing a delegate now, I might choose CaliDelegate.  Rank 25, and 95% distribution.

According to what did you make this choice?
why not just take number 1 from the list ? The return seems better ?

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Poink (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:05:13 PM

Good luck!

Big thanks for your help

According to what did you make this choice?
why not just take number 1 from the list ? The return seems better ?

Did you read the notes I posted after?  The 1st on that table is rank 51...it may fall off the delegate membership and I do not want to take that risk.  It is up to you.
chiggx

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:11:04 PM

how many coins do you need to be able to stake? to become a delegate? dont you need quite a high number?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:38:15 PM

A very timely thread - I've been thinking of voting for a delegate but I hold a measly number of ARK and so always held off.

So if I understand this correctly:

Anyone who holds ARK can vote for a delegate, but we should ideally vote for someone among the top 51 delegates.
The top 51 delegates are the ones who have the right to forge new blocks (ie, get more ARK that is then shared with those who voted from them)

ROI depends on how many ARK we hold in our wallets, and not on how much we paid to vote for the delegate

My question is: If my wallet contains 200 ARK when I first vote for a delegate, but then I choose to sell 100 ARK down the line: do I lose my place with the delegate, and have to re-vote? Or will my return be automatically recalculated to reflect the new balance?
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

This is an ARK shill. Wink

I started staking ARK on 09/2017.  I earned a net of 154 coins in less than 6 months, and that is less the delegate voting fee and transfer fees.  My holdings increased over time...starting from just 91 coins (initial purchase).  My current average annual return is 12.65% (this fluctuates).

The beauty of ARK DPOS is that you just move the coins to a wallet, vote for a delegate and you are done. No need to run your computer to stake, no power consumption, much less exposure to hacking, no down time due to power outage, etc.

ARK is a solid project, very active, and sold on good exchanges (Bittrex, Binance, OKEx, etc.).  It had a slow start, but they are now rolling out products and also engaged a new marketing team.  The dev team is great and the multiple projects are very ambitious...but progressing as promised.  If I have one complain, IMHO they have too much projects going which in itself is actually good.

With prices as low as they are now, the current product roll out, and marketing... there is no better time to invest.  ARK for me is one of the most under valued coin at the moment.

Personally, I plan on strengthening my ARK position and hoping to buy more soon.  Just sharing my thoughts before it takes off!  Grin

Is dpos the only thing they got going or are is there more planned. Is there a roadmap?
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:47:11 PM

To be sincere if I say O understand what ARK does, I am telling lies, I have tried to look into the project several time but unable to find reason to invested into it, someone said it is a fork of Lisk but I haven't seen anything special about it but for the staking it is a good thing to know one can make money for just holding a coin

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:50:06 PM

Interesting, I did not know there was a new form of staking that did not require you to open you wallet (and leave your computer on). I had concluded my proof of stake experiments in 2017, with some profits and some losses, and overall a computer that was probably too old to run more than 5 wallets at a time. I felt it was not for me after all. ARK does seem like a good coin, in the sense of the positivity surrounding it. I am now a bit curious about this DPOS though.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Poink (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:33:51 PM

To be sincere if I say O understand what ARK does, I am telling lies, I have tried to look into the project several time but unable to find reason to invested into it, someone said it is a fork of Lisk but I haven't seen anything special about it but for the staking it is a good thing to know one can make money for just holding a coin

Love the sincerity.

Check this.  https://ark.io/roadmap

The best feature of ARK is the SmartBridge which basically makes all supported cryptocoins and tokens communicate with each other.  Imagine a system that accepts all coins/tokens.  They already completed the ACES (see below) for ETH and all ERC20 tokens.  Once that is fully tested, adding new coins/tokens will much easier & faster.  This is just a portion of SmartBridge and still have a long way to go to full implementation but their progress is very encouraging.
====================

First Iteration of SmartBridge (usecase). (Encoded Listener)

Building a blockchain app (encoded listener) and connecting it to ARK’s mainchain via SmartBridge for initial testing. This now focuses on ACES (ARK Contract Execution Services) sponsored by ARK and built by community developers. ACES is an Encoded listener node, with a user interface connecting ARK and ETH.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: