Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:50:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is investing in alt-coins worth while?  (Read 57 times)
randomduck (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:43:43 PM

Hey all, after researching mining cryptocurrencies, I just don't have the ability to get something up and running that could be viable and earn me any decent money, and so i turn to investing.

Does anyone actually make a lot of money from investing in cryptocurrencies? Is there a method behind it?

Thanks.
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:47:00 PM

Of course it is. One Bitcoin will not go far. In addition, there are quite a lot of very good and promising altcoins, nothing worse than Bitcoin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:00:19 PM

With the right choice of tokens, it is definitely worthwhile to invest in altcoins, both on long term and short term basis. Take Bitcoin for example which grew massively last year, and yet the likes of Ethereum, Ripple and many other coins outdid the former in terms of percentage growth.

Does anyone actually make a lot of money from investing in cryptocurrencies? Is there a method behind it?

Yes they do. The traditional method goes by the rule 'BUY AND HODL' which translates to investing and holding for a long period of time as they just sit back and watch their investments grow. Alternatively, with so many altcoins in the market, day trading can also be a profitable thing with the right decisions at the right times.
randomduck (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

With the right choice of tokens, it is definitely worthwhile to invest in altcoins, both on long term and short term basis. Take Bitcoin for example which grew massively last year, and yet the likes of Ethereum, Ripple and many other coins outdid the former in terms of percentage growth.

Yes they do. The traditional method goes by the rule 'BUY AND HODL' which translates to investing and holding for a long period of time as they just sit back and watch their investments grow. Alternatively, with so many altcoins in the market, day trading can also be a profitable thing with the right decisions at the right times.

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. I suppose you are right, but it just seems that with so many new coins coming into the market on a daily basis, its impossible to know what the next "boom" is going to be.
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:13:29 PM

It was definitely more profitable a few months ago, but nowadays the trend is generally red, so it is demoralizing to try to invest in and trade altcoins right now. But once the market hopefully recovers, it's going to be better once again.

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:19:34 PM

There's a lot of promising altcoins. I always prefer to invest in protocols, one of the promising ones IMO is ZRX (0x Token).

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:21:21 PM

Hey all, after researching mining cryptocurrencies, I just don't have the ability to get something up and running that could be viable and earn me any decent money, and so i turn to investing.

Thanks.

ofcource it is a good idea to invest on altcoin specially when in the ICO. some of tokens are worth more than the ICO price when in will hit the ICO. you just need to choose the good project though.

itsv

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 07:22:12 PM

is it worthwhile !! absolutely ask that to the person who bought OMG at $0.35 and now it is at $19 that is approximately 56X, similarly ICON 32x of its ICO price .. genesis 25x and list goes on and on. The hard part is finding the solid projects/ICO to invest in.  
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:25:33 PM

It definitely is. All big coins like bitcoin or ethereum won't go too far. Because they are already pretty high. But alt coins have long way to go.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:26:40 PM

It may look not worth as nearly all altcoins keep getting dumped nowadays. But it surely worths to hold good altcoins. As others gave couple of examples with omisego. I can count iota and raiblocks (nano) too. Altcoins made many people rich, not bitcoin.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

I always find it a good idea to invest in altcoins more than investing in BTC or some other big coins. The amount of increase is commonly much more than BTC. Keep in mind that, you should NOT invest all your money to altcoins as well, for stabilising your portfolio.
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:35:48 PM

Thanks.
Of course, such as Neo or crypto currency of Venezuela. They'll grow up anyway. Neo will grow because of the new technology and El Petro will grow as it is a state coin.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:43:00 PM

Start learning the basic trading techniques,learn some technical analysis you can go to investopedia because theres a lot of tutorials out there that might give you some good knowledge,watch some video tutorials in youtube.Create your own trading style and i am sure in just few months you can earn a lof of mone with trading these altcoins.

randomduck (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:56:54 PM

Start learning the basic trading techniques,learn some technical analysis you can go to investopedia because theres a lot of tutorials out there that might give you some good knowledge, watch some video tutorials on youtube.Create your own trading style and i am sure in just few months you can earn a lof of mone with trading these altcoins.

Thanks, that's really good advice, I guess its just a matter of time, and experience before you can start earning big with something like this! I'll definitely check out that website though, thanks again.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:16:23 PM

It is still worth investing in altcoins. You need to find the promising ones with good potential for the price increase. A long term investment will definitely bring a good profit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: