Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:11:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help and suggestion about my rig  (Read 138 times)
Bruda (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:27:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I need some help and suggestion about building my rig. I want to build rig with these hardware:

Graphic: 2 x AMD Radeon 570 xfx 8Gb
Mother board: Biostar TB250 BTC with supporting up to six graphic cards on it
Power supply: Raidmax RX-735AP Modular
CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core G3930, 2.9GHz
Memory: Kingston Fury Black CL15, DDR4 4Gb, 2400MHz
Hard drive: Kingston SSD 120Gb

My plan is to start mining with these two cards on it and to add up to all six cards on it in future when I get some cash. Smiley  My question is, is this good configuration? Can I start mining with these config for now? My plan is to mining etherium and maybe double mining too? Can I do double mining with these? And I want to hear from you what to mine with these configuration of rig?

Thank you very much.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sam08016

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:37:55 PM

Just a general comment on your config. Is your PSU 735W? You may want to use a 1000-1200 W PSU if you want to add 6 GPUs to your rig. I am running 6 570's and mining Sumokoin (Cryptonight algorithm). My rig needs around 700 W on the wall. I use Crossair 1000W PSU.

Note that Ethereum mining will need slightly higher wattage. Also, dual mining will need even higher wattage.  So you may want to consider these factors as well.
Bruda (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:08:00 PM

I am new in this...I am active on market place for about three months and now I want to start mining. My psu is 735W for now and when I grow up my rig I will replace it with some other psu of 1000 or 1200W. Is this psu good enough for this two cards? I hear from people that is AMD 570 is good for mining etherium and because of that I plan to mining ether. Can I mining something else to earn better profit with this rig and cards?
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:59:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I need some help and suggestion about building my rig. I want to build rig with these hardware:

Graphic: 2 x AMD Radeon 570 xfx 8Gb
Mother board: Biostar TB250 BTC with supporting up to six graphic cards on it
Power supply: Raidmax RX-735AP Modular
CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core G3930, 2.9GHz
Memory: Kingston Fury Black CL15, DDR4 4Gb, 2400MHz
Hard drive: Kingston SSD 120Gb

My plan is to start mining with these two cards on it and to add up to all six cards on it in future when I get some cash. Smiley  My question is, is this good configuration? Can I start mining with these config for now? My plan is to mining etherium and maybe double mining too? Can I do double mining with these? And I want to hear from you what to mine with these configuration of rig?

Thank you very much.

for two VGA, the mining tool you created is enough; if you want to add VGA, automatically you have to add PSU again, with PSU combine technique that is "jump start" or "add to PSU"

I suggest not double mining, because eth mining speed will go down, you can try it for double mining and see the rate will be different.
Bruda (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:20:06 PM

Thank you very much! I will start it with this config for now. Can you tell me what to mine eth or etc? My plan is eth
sam08016

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:59:21 PM

Thank you very much! I will start it with this config for now. Can you tell me what to mine eth or etc? My plan is eth

You hardware config is good enough for two 570's. I like to mine and hold my coins for 4-8 months. So I look for coins with potential for high future growth. ETH rewards have been quite stable (although not as good as they used to be a few months back). So if you would like to cash out every now and then, I would say go for ETH. You can find out the most profitable coin at this website.

https://whattomine.com/

Plug in your numbers; i.e., number of 570s, electricity unit cost etc. This website will tell you how much you can earn and which coin is the most profitable.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:09:36 PM

so far so good your spec. if you can, choose a PSU  EVGA or Corsair rated 80+ gold or Platinum and try to mining on ETH or ETC coin but for beginners better Nicehash (be carefully after hacked).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: