Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:35:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending Eth to ICO from MEW  (Read 97 times)
Jashhh (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:04:36 PM

I have a question. I want to participate in an ICO. But this is on the ICO's site:

Keep in mind that in sending (ETH), you will need to designate a Gaslimit with no less than 70,000 Gwei

Normally, an ico says how much the gas limit has to be. But they use the word "Gwei" which normally refers to the price between 1 and 99 (see MEW). So what do i do?

Or they mean 70.000 has to be the total fee, but if i think of the formula [gas limit x gas price], a total of 70.000 would require a way too low combination of price and gas limit.
And if they mean 70 Gwei (see the comma) as price only, then it would also not make sense either because i thought you are not allowed to send to smart contracts with over a price of 50 Gwei or it would fail?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:17:26 PM

I have a question. I want to participate in an ICO. But this is on the ICO's site:

Keep in mind that in sending (ETH), you will need to designate a Gaslimit with no less than 70,000 Gwei

Normally, an ico says how much the gas limit has to be. But they use the word "Gwei" which normally refers to the price between 1 and 99 (see MEW). So what do i do?

Or they mean 70.000 has to be the total fee, but if i think of the formula [gas limit x gas price], a total of 70.000 would require a way too low combination of price and gas limit.
And if they mean 70 Gwei (see the comma) as price only, then it would also not make sense either because i thought you are not allowed to send to smart contracts with over a price of 50 Gwei or it would fail?

I'm not entirely sure, but upon reading some more about it, it is probably the total fee, or 70.000 ontop of the original transaction ( so that you have enough gas to execute the contract and receive your tokens..)

There's an article about it here, https://coinsutra.com/ethereum-gas-limit-gas-price-fees/ which covers it pretty well, although i'm not 100% sure this also applies to the specific ICO you are going to by from ( What's the name of it btw?)

i thought you are not allowed to send to smart contracts with over a price of 50 Gwei or it would fail?

Why would you be punished for using too much gas ( using higher fees?) that doesn't make any sense..?

kk80586

Activity: 202
Merit: 13

I like coins. I love ONION.

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:19:52 PM

I have seen people use commas where there should be a period. I think some countries do it that way. You may want to contact support at the ICO to be sure though.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Jashhh (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:34:20 PM

( What's the name of it btw?)

It is Midex. This is the entire text section about it:

Important
In order to receive Midex tokens you're going to need to send payment to (ETH) to the address of the smart-contract. You will also need to send the money from the address which is connected to this particular account. The assignment of tokens to your address will occur automatically. Keep in mind that in sending (ETH), you will need to designate a Gaslimit with no less than 70,000 Gwei

1. By going to the site myetherwallet.com
2. Use our secure generator, which creates (ETH) addresses and shows the key exactly one time without saving it on the server. Remember, by losing the key you lose access to the address!
Jashhh (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:39:38 PM

I have seen people use commas where there should be a period. I think some countries do it that way. You may want to contact support at the ICO to be sure though.

I used the chat, they responded immediately. They say i'm supposed to put the gas limit on 70.000. The price can be default at 40 Gwei, only higher if i want to let it go faster.
So now its clear, but their site should not use the word Gwei i think because that refers to price per unit gas right? Or at least on MEW it does...?

So i'm going to do it now here it goes ... Smiley

Edit: I received it Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: