Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH vs BTC  (Read 154 times)
HiDevin (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 30

so.. hru?

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:15:51 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 09:49:27 PM by HiDevin

What do you think on the topic?

Personally I see ETH taking the spot in the future ~ 5-10 years  Grin

edit: Looking back on my posts from months ago, I would still say ETH because once people go into cryptocurrencies more, they discover altcoins, and one of the best altcoins is ETH. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:17:34 PM

I think that Ethereum will be able to overtake bitcoin in market cap over the next two years. Bitcoin is obsolete, it is replaced by new more promising cryptocurrencies.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:43:22 PM

Personally I see ETH taking the spot in the future ~ 5-10 years  Grin
Ethereum is not like by the people that were with Bitcoin a long time ago. I still think that Ethereum will be at least $15,000.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 05:58:33 AM

This question is asked over and over again. You have mentioned the two most powerful coins. Ethereum has indeed the potential to overtake Bitcoin, that's for sure. The problem I see is that if a big number of the smart contracts start to collapse, that may affect the Ethereums price.  
On the other hand, Bitcoin is the most popular crypto and all newbies join alts because of it.
I believe that the majority of the investors has a good percentage of their money in BTC and will not abandon it easily.
Anewor

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:16:45 AM

It could happen and there was no reason to doubt it being the second most used coin in the market exchange. Though bitcoin is more popular but the market is very unpredictable. On my personal point of view, might happen but maybe several years more than as stated. Maybe around 15 to 30 years.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:35:35 AM

this question is being asked nearly every week and every one of you who ever asks this only starts topics like it because they have bought ethereum and want to get rich. you people think just because bitcoin has gone up to $10k+ that means any other shitcoin can also do the same!

but what you are forgetting is that bitcoin didn't rise by chance! it went up because it is useful. you can use bitcoin as a currency, it has real merchant adoption so it is actually doing something in the world.
in comparison ethereum does nothing. it is just a platform like 20 other platforms that offers smart contract features in a bad way actually, and it is only worth higher than the rest because it is advertised and pumped more.

additionally you are forgetting that bitcoin has 16.8 million coins in circulation and will stop at 21 million.
while ethereum has nearly 100 million and will never stop creating new supply.

in other words the following statement:
is basically saying that a coin with a huge supply and an unlimited supply can be worth higher than bitcoin with limited and small supply!
if you tell that to anyone who knows basic economy they will die of laughter Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:37:15 AM

I think that Ethereum will be able to overtake bitcoin in market cap over the next two years. Bitcoin is obsolete, it is replaced by new more promising cryptocurrencies.
On the contrary, Bitcoin is always adding to what it has and never is stagnant. Ethereum may overtake Bitcoin briefly in marketcap but not for an extended period of time. Lastly, Bitcoin will most probably never be obsolete in this market, it provides a function none of the other blockchains have. And that is it is a robust store of value, which one day will become international currency.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:41:22 AM

I think that such topics been creating 5-10 per day and the only spot is been taken by Ethereum or BTC is brain of topic starters. Meanwhile ETH and BTC successfully live parallel without care about each other.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:45:00 AM

maybe. but not for now, because after all bitcoin remains the main character in the development of all crypto
I think, bitcoin will remain its king of crypto 10 20 years into the future. as good as ethereum, it's not time to be a tough competitor for bitcoin.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:08:37 AM

Bitcoin is the king of digital coins, i don't think ethereum will overtake the bitcoin due to many people trusted in the bitcoin and due to many ICOs on ethereum's platform doesn't mean it will overtake the bitcoin, ethereum is just copycat of bitcoin with smart contract on its platform and beta testing of decentralize application dapps. Cheesy
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:16:46 AM

both coins belong to the long-term type of invetation. if I myself was told to choose between bitcoin and eth for long term.
then I chose both.
because bitcoin and eth already have good reputation value.
but for now, I use eth as the main investment of my assets. because eth has been widely used for platfrom alt that appear.
all depending on the choice of each person itself.
experience also determines that the selection is based on what we have experienced.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:37:04 AM

I agree that ETH will have a good future in 5 to 10 years. However, it is difficult to overcome the BTC.
irmasany

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:39:16 AM

yes, eth will have a stronger future compared to other crypto.
eth would be a big competitor to bitcoin
but probably will not happen in the near future, I think it takes 10 20 years to come
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:47:32 AM

If Bitcoin does not solve its problem (slow transactions and with very high transaction costs) then ETH will quickly become the  "new king".... maybe in 1-2 years

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:01:23 AM

I think it's better for Bitcoin whether it's 5 years Eth still can not beat Bitcoin because the volume, enthusiasts and the price is too far comparison too far.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:06:34 AM

It depends I would say, if you have enough money to buy at least one BTC than bitcoin, if you have less then ETH. Best option is to buy both of them.
Mariya03

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:11:23 AM

Everything is possible to happen. BUT it is based on its performance throughout the entire year.  I agree that Ethereum (ETH) will have a good future. but I think, it will never overcome or it will never beat the Bitcoin because aside from it is the most popular cryptocurrency, it is also the so called "KING OF CRYPTOCURRENCY". They both have good performances even though they overcomes many problems.

hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:21:37 AM

I am biased towards Ethereum as it is continuously trying to improve and lots of potential can be realized in its platform. Bitcoin on the other hand is just at the top of the market cap because it is the pioneer of blockchain technology.
sunX3

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 09:22:45 AM

I agree that ETH will overtake BTC but I don't think it's gonna happen in the next two years.

Despite all the flaws BTC has, it's still huge and has a lot of hype behind it. It won't go down that easily.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:23:27 AM

Ethereum and bitcoin if we compare then the bitcoin is the head of all crypto and the Ethereum is also good if we look at the prices so it is good the Ethereum price is good now and it is traded on $870 and it is growing amount the bitcoin community and the future is of these currencies the people will accept these as original money and thus these will lead all the currencies system of the world.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: