Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed for $3000 by user: geheimdienst off LBC any help is appreciated/paid  (Read 227 times)
gringo1990 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:17:21 PM

User name is:geheimdienst
Name(what I think):Jake Hofmann
Telegram:@geheimdienst

I need his phone #/facebook or anything I can contact to speak to him personally. He scammed me for $3000USD.
Any help with his #/name/address/facebook/etc will be paid. Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlavicSquats

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:11:24 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 12:35:56 AM by SlavicSquats

I found some info on him! Any tips would be appreciated!

Lastname: Hofman
Lives: Amsterdam, Netherlands
 Now you can find his IP by putting his Skype name 'echnaton333' into this website http://skyperesolver.net/ when he is online. From their you just have to find another website to get what ever else you need! Good luck man!

-Edit- Could you PM me if this was useful?
Tubsie

Activity: 102
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:15:25 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 12:03:19 AM by Tubsie

I found a email Adress: geheimdienst333@gmail.com
He's Dutch for sure but it Seems like a alias not connected to any personal info.
simplejg

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:28:29 AM

I need his phone #/facebook or anything I can contact to speak to him personally. He scammed me for $3000USD.

If you don't mind me asking - how, exactly, did he supposedly scam you? I'm just curious and wouldn't mind doing a little digging for you, but your scam accusation seems a bit vague - it isn't exactly convincing, considering that you mention it was on LBC, especially when you consider the fact that LBC trades use escrow.. depending on whether you were buying or selling BTC, you would've had to either manually release BTC from escrow after receiving payment or mark that you paid, which would lock the BTC you would've been buying from them in escrow - until they were to manually release or a moderator were to get involved and release - in the case where they refuse to release/never released and disappeared.
MicroEarn

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:35:20 AM

If you don't mind me asking - how, exactly, did he supposedly scam you? I'm just curious and wouldn't mind doing a little digging for you, but your scam accusation seems a bit vague - it isn't exactly convincing, considering that you mention it was on LBC, especially when you consider the fact that LBC trades use escrow.. depending on whether you were buying or selling BTC, you would've had to either manually release BTC from escrow after receiving payment or mark that you paid, which would lock the BTC you would've been buying from them in escrow - until they were to manually release or a moderator were to get involved and release - in the case where they refuse to release/never released and disappeared.

Very truly said. Scamming on LBC seems a bit difficult to accept. OP should provide some details.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:51:14 AM

this is what happened if your not using escrow,$3000 is enough amount of transaction to provide an escrow service that will keep you both safe..now here you are crying for help but you didnt think about this earlier
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:21:40 AM

First of all, please move your thread to scam accusation board. Services is not the appropriate board.

How do you get scammed?
LBC has an escrow system to keep you safe from scammers.
Is that the scammer from your place? If yes then good, but if not then what is the use of contact info?

You just paid $3000 to learn a lesson Shocked An expensive lesson....  Roll Eyes
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:55:06 AM

First of all, please move your thread to scam accusation board. Services is not the appropriate board.

How do you get scammed?
LBC has an escrow system to keep you safe from scammers.
Is that the scammer from your place? If yes then good, but if not then what is the use of contact info?

You just paid $3000 to learn a lesson Shocked An expensive lesson....  Roll Eyes

I don't understand why people cry over something they can avoid by all means necessary. LBC even the rate of scam is on the increase there, they have a system in place that if followed completely there is lite chance of falling victim but Op might have allowed himself to have been deceived to circumvent some of the rules because of reasons best known to the scammer.

There was a thread about this sometimes ago where comments and suggestions were raised about how to stay safe on LBC but that what people don't read until they are the next victim now you have to incur more amount to do the right thing. Let's even agree you found him and you are on the other side of the world the cost of meeting him along is on the high side and you are not sure he will be able to pay you, what exactly would you do?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: