Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:50:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Lee is moving from Litecoin to NANO  (Read 512 times)
christianb35 (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:27:28 PM

Charlie Lee looked at NANO 2 days ago: https://np.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/80c6fg/questions_about_nano_from_charlie_lee/

And it look like he adopted it: https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/968931625001140224 ... even though it is a completely different technology and a direct competitor to Litecoin (fast and cheap transactions)

What does it mean for Litecoin and Bitcoin (the coins he was strongly supporting) ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:31:20 PM

Wow! This is unexpected, because NANO is a competitor of LTC. Many seriously consider NANO like a killer Litecoin. I think that NANO will soon increase in price.
Useacoin

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 09:43:10 PM

Very exciting times for the NANO community, the Litecoin community is not happy to say the least lol
Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:48:45 PM

I think many litecoin holders after that tweet of Charlie and selling all his coins are seriously concerned now. He needs to reassure the community LTC.
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:52:01 PM

He's not 'moving', he bought some NANO....
I find it for normal Charlie Lee to invest in other projects and alts. What do you want, a man with millions to not spend some on alt investments?!

Also, I completely agree with him, that NANO is one of the best now, despite the BitGrail 'hack'.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

Not going to happen since litecoin is his baby Grin and also he is in control of it,that include doing pump and dump and shilling the coin like he does member the i sold my ltc at 350$ because i had moral problems but i had no problem with it at 50$
cryptospear

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:56:10 PM

Charlie is really a unbiased to these cryptocurrencies,he doesnt want to shill his own coin either way if the NANO owners will join charlie lee and his team that would be a better,because two is better than one 2 technologies would be great to forge a better coin,we could see a merging of two great coins.That is great supporting each other is better than destroying other's technology.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:56:42 PM

Charlie Lee looked at NANO 2 days ago: https://np.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/80c6fg/questions_about_nano_from_charlie_lee/

And it look like he adopted it: https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/968931625001140224 ... even though it is a completely different technology and a direct competitor to Litecoin (fast and cheap transactions)

What does it mean for Litecoin and Bitcoin (the coins he was strongly supporting) ?
He also owns Decred, So what If he invested some in NANO? He's never going to abandon LTC, It's his creation after all. Tongue I think NANO is quite a good investment.
christianb35 (OP)

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:01:15 PM

True... for now he just said that the technology is "pretty neat" and what it provides is "good to be true" and that he bought some.

But as far as I know he never promoted any other coin other than BTC and Litecoin, even less a coin that is a direct competitor to Litecoin... Also the fact that he made his own research before doing this tweet shows that he is serious about it.

Will he ignore NANO for now on, or focus equally on Litecoin and NANO even though they are competitor or move to NANO ... that it still to be seen.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:03:23 PM

Wow. Is this real news? Twitter and other social networks are very often hacked. I have not seen official news yet. But the cardinal change of the vector in their work is very difficult in any case. I hope Charlie Lee knows what he is doing.
If he does not change his job, but only declares his purchase, then this is an illegal uplift, since he is a public person.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 10:12:04 PM

Charlie Lee is a very important figure that is whose ideas are valued in the world of cryptocurrency, but we have witnessed a lot of irresponsible explanations and confusion. Therefore anyone shouldn't be hasty to be cautious against these news.
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:13:07 PM

Very interesting information. It actually proves that LTC is NOT well decentralized as it heavily depends on Charlie Lee.
Many of us would like to see a fully decentralized coin in terms of technology, not effected by somebodies opinion and government's regulations.

guy369

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:15:11 PM

I see a nice pump for NANO

Charlie Lee is out of LTC, his funds had to go somewhere
... I wonder if we see more pumps from Charlie for other coins.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:23:10 PM

Is this a real news? If this is a real news there will no huge impact on litecoin as far as i know, he was bought NANO and not "moving" from litecoin to nano and he got fascinated to NANO's technology but he still supporting his own creation according to twitter post prior from his latest post about NANO so, there is nothing worry about and besides, litecoin is his own creation after all.
fullhousse

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:25:57 PM

topic starter just wants to pump nano, thats all
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:27:01 PM

His action is a bit strange, he can invest on other coins but he should retain a share of the coin he nurtured I mean not as a majority holder, this speaks for someone who lacks responsibility on his past works, the community still looked upon him being the creator.

nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:30:44 PM

He didnt say he will switch to the LTC's competitor,the just want to support the coin.He is truly a good man because his competitors are still being tagged as good coin.In the future we might see some merging of coins,and that would be good LTC's technology combined to NANO's technology will be massive if these two coins will forge to create something bigger.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sweeesh

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:34:29 PM

ehh ... after reading the reddit and the tweet (whoo a tweet).  Didnt seem like that big of deal.  Today its shill or be shilled.  That seemed rather mild imo.  So, I would say it has zero impact on any of his other interest especially lite coin.  But who am I? Haha I'm presuming a lot to come to that conclusion.
Diacris

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 10:37:33 PM

I find it for normal Charlie Lee to invest in other projects and alts. What do you want, a man with millions to not spend some on alt investments?!

Also, I completely agree with him, that NANO is one of the best now, despite the BitGrail 'hack'.

That's the same logic as Warren Buffet not investing into other companies only because he owns Berkshire Hathaway  Grin

I find it very tiresome that people often misinterpret other's intention and their decisions.

kaasy.ai ICO Token Sales               
BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

He's adopting the nano but it seems charlie just bought some nano and out them all into his wallet.  But it looks like another FOMO from charlie lee or he has got a paid to promote such centralized coin in hit twitter. NANO used DAG systemn which very similar to IOTA itself. Used the server to validating any transaction to make the fees worth zero because they don't need to pay the miners again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: