Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or SHORT  (Read 231 times)
Rob Jenk (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:35:40 PM

Hi I was wondering if selling when you think a dip is coming and buying back in at a lower price? I know it seems obvious to do such a thing if it increases your position in a coin but I've been told this is a risky strategy that requires timing the top and the bottom

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:38:24 PM

is a risky strategy that requires timing the top and the bottom
Yes, it is really a risky strategy, but it gives a very large profit.  I trade on this strategy, it is not as difficult as it seems.
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:41:09 PM

Basicaly on this time from what its happening now you should buy more because the prices are goin to get higher and even more than before. bitcoin is expected to hit heights like 40-60k . but if you are too afraid just hold.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sorrysteve1

Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:41:39 PM

Hi I was wondering if selling when you think a dip is coming and buying back in at a lower price? I know it seems obvious to do such a thing if it increases your position in a coin but I've been told this is a risky strategy that requires timing the top and the bottom

It's a risky strategy because you could be wrong and the price may be nowhere near the top. It's a very good strategy to adopt if you have held a coin and you are already happy with your returns but believe in it for the longer term. You can take your profits and then if a good position comes to re-enter you can take it, if not you move on to something else.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:41:52 PM

Why don't your divide your strategy? Say - 60% hold and 40% for speculation?

rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:02:16 PM

I personally is not a typical of day trader who only hold coin for very short time. I usually looks at the project first. If good then I buy it. For now I am very focus on masternode coin. My best masternode for long term holding is XCPO. But now I also interested in an ICO project called INTRO, may be it can be success.

peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:07:02 PM

I like to hold coins. Selling and buying to increase your position is very risky and there are fees involved too. I like to buy and hold coins for the long term. I am missing profit from selling and buying but I cannot lose my coins either.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:24:47 PM

It's completely up to you and whatever are your goals.
Shorting is risky for sure, but it's much more rewarding than just hold and watch prices every day, cursing for the missed opportunities.

Some people prefer quietly to hold, other like me prefer the adrenaline of every day of shorting and trading.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:44:25 PM

As we know, human are cant be ever feel enough, i think you only need to sell if you think its enough then. Meanwhile Holding is just an option between get more profit or get your money taken away.

If usually sell if its enough, because my asset still small then i cant take a risk like that

makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:59:03 PM

Bitcoin's chart is showing some bearish trend so you might consider selling before it happens,and rebuyback from the dip so you could make a lot of money from the upcoming bloodbaths,but you need to be careful because the monthly chart of BTC is still bullish,eitherway if you are trapped into some altcoins the best thing would be to HOLD.

qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:03:25 PM

Of course HODL! Short - it is only in appearance a very simple strategy. When it comes to action, you can't be 100% sure that you're acting at the right time.
kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:04:04 PM

I prefer to Hold, because the profit is greater than Short, although the risk if we hold greater than if we only invest or trade in a short time. but it does not matter because if the coin that we hold increases the price, we can get a very big profit.

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:59:03 AM

buy and sell is more risky compared to holding and you have to be active all the time. every change of price will affect you ether it will be good or bad. for me i prefer to hold that to buy and sell.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:13:27 AM

In this particular business, good timing is highly needed, we must carefull and watch price movement, and we must think posotively of all we want to do in this business, because every people who enter on this business are for the purpose of profit and mostly people afraid on losses were no longer profit.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Jombitt

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:54:27 AM

Yes your right, it requires timing and also pure luck in short term trading and i will tell you this is not as easy as what you think. It needs more time to watch the movement of the price in the market and to analyze if it will go up or down. In my opinion, its still better if you choose a long term trading.

guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:14:24 AM

It is good but the time is hard to choose.
zvueo

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:18:23 AM

When you see the trend of the crash, short is also a good choice. Long-term or should hold
STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:23:45 AM

I use both of these strategies. About 70% of the capital I invest in coins for a long time. And I use 30% for speculation. But long is still more profitable for me.

Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:25:59 AM

sometimes selling strategies at high prices and buying back at low prices make a profit because we can see the coins have potential and we can double the profits. so I think that's a great thing and risk can be minimized.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:26:50 AM

Don't try to time the market especially like this or you will lose it all. Just add when you're bullish and sell some when you think is going down.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀