Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIDE: How To Participate in AirDrops!  (Read 124 times)
SlavicSquats (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:06:50 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 06:23:19 AM by SlavicSquats

Hi guys!
So this one is for the new users, or the users looking to add a few free coins to their name.

So what is an Air Drop?
 - An Air Drop is when either the direct group related to the coins (BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.) Decides to give some free crypto currency away. Now while in most cases the amounts are not big by any means, but free is free.

- Air Drops are more commonly used by other communities to create hype for either their coin, or to get a following on social media. So in essence you promote, they give out money for the publicity and advertisement you gave them!

- The other side to the Air Drop is its a great way for you to get coins before their readily availiable to buy. This is a great way for new crypto currency to get some attention and some investors early on.

- Airdrops are also used when a fork occurs in a certain coin. So take it as Coin A splits into Coin B as well. No both coins are still worth money but their dollar amount is now on two different groups. So Coin A could be worth $1,000.00, while Coin B could be worth more or less. So why does this happen? In simple terms, it happens when a currencies code is changed.

How Do I Get an Air Drop?
- The first thing you have to do is find a trusted website. The more updated the website, the more you profit!

- The website I use personally that has served me well so far is www.airdropalert.com. Though a quick Google search will provide you with a wider selection.

- The website should tell you how to participate in the Air Drop. A lot of them will require you to follow them on Social Media ( Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, etc.). Then have you either post to their wall, retweet a post they made, share something, or join a messaging group. Then show proof in the forms the require. IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT THEY ASK AND SHOW PROOF HOW THEY REQUIRE IT YOU WILL NOT GET WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING!

- Make sure when they ask for the required information to give you your well earned reward, you give them the right information! Make sure all information is correct and that you don't accidentally overshare! THEY SHOULD NEVER ASK FOR ANY PASSWORDS, IF THEY DO THEY ARE NOT BEING HONEST AND UPFRONT WITH YOU!

- Sometimes it takes them a bit to give you your reward. They should give you the time estimated for the funds to appear in your account. Make sure you don't harass them for it, their not automated.

Thats it guys! Any questions be sure to reply them, and I'll try to make sure I answer them to the best of my ability or at least try to push you towards where you could find the answer!
Did I mess something up or explain it badly? Just tell me and I'll be sure to try to revise it!
A big thanks to HabBear for clarifying somethings up!

As always any tips are appreciated! If you feeling generous and wanna tip me just pm me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nitinkp47

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:15:15 AM

Thats a nice guide and helpful to anyone looking to get free tokens. Keep up the good work
rlkiwi

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:18:39 AM

hey nice guide ill be checking that out
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:00:20 AM

Thats great guidelines.
But before anything else,
YOU MUST CHECK THE RULES.
You must strickly FOLLOW what the RULES given in order to get the TOKENS or COINS when the distributions come.

-Every airdrop, there's a rules to follow.
And always BEWARE of SCAM airdrops.
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:02:45 AM

What i would advise as well is, when you participate in some airdrop. WRITE IT DOWN! Its so easily to forgot for who and for what you have done, and for what you have subscribed. Have separate notepad folder and write which address you have used for which airdrop, their site.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:27:25 AM

Alternative thoughts for this discussion...

Quote from: What is an Airdrop?
A airdrop you might know better as a hard fork. When a hard fork happens a new coin is split off of the block chain but what happens is everyone that currently owns coins on the main blockchain also gets that many coins of the new currency.

A few sources worth reading:

Did I mess something up or explain it badly? Just tell me and I'll be sure to try to revise it![/i][/b]

Hi Slavic, yeah, i think you have some things confused here. Can we discuss it?

I'm not sure it's you're fault, you're new here, but what you're explaining isn't an "Airdrop"...it's a give away, it's promotion hype, it's incorrect use by a weak developer team that doesn't know what they're doing.

So what is an Air Drop?
 - An Air Drop is when either the direct group related to the coins (BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.) Decides to give some free crypto currency away. Now while in most cases the amounts are not big by any means, but free is free.

An Airdrop is how coins are distributed when a hard fork is taking place. So, yeah, Airdrops have been related to BTC, ETH, and LTC, but it's not because those developer teams decided to give you free crypto currency. It's because other developer teams need to give away free crypto currency to support their coup attempt (i.e., hard fork) of BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.

Bitcoin Cash was an Airdrop. Bitcoin Gold was an Airdrop. Ethereum was an Airdrop from Ethereum Classic.

How Do I Get an Air Drop?
- The website should tell you how to participate in the Air Drop. A lot of them will require you to follow them on Social Media ( Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, etc.). Then have you either post to their wall, retweet a post they made, share something, or join a messaging group. Then show proof in the forms the require.IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT THEY ASK AND SHOW PROOF HOW THEY REQUIRE IT YOU WILL NOT GET WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING!

If they're asking you to do work, the "free" coins are compensation for participating in the promotion.

I'll leave this comment alone, however others may take exception.

As always any tips are appreciated! If you feeling generous and wanna tip me just pm me!
Nanoverso

Activity: 101
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:44:00 AM

Nice clarification on the topic, @HabBear, thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: