Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to repeat the same command automatically in Linux?  (Read 199 times)
BTC Turkiye (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 254

Anlik Coin Fiyatlari BTCkur.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:50:43 AM

I`m so close to succeed in this solution right now, I don`t want to start another way to do this now to be honest.

Farklı Borsaların Anlık Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum ve Bitcoin Cash Kurunu Takip Edebilirsiniz.
BTCkur.com
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:09:09 AM

Why don't you try to put it into crontab with /home/kullanici/restart_script.sh?

I thought you had it working with cron already?

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
BTC Turkiye (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:12:00 AM

No. I was running it from it`s destination. I have never put anything in cron before and I checked it out but couldn`t get it to work when I write
crontab * * * * * /home/kullanici/restart_script.sh

It says app: Not a regular file

Farklı Borsaların Anlık Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum ve Bitcoin Cash Kurunu Takip Edebilirsiniz.
BTCkur.com
Bitsky

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:24:20 AM

How about doing a little research first? There are tons of tutorials on how to add a crontab entry.
You need to learn how to handle the basics of your Linux install if you want to rely on it.

BTC Turkiye (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 11:07:48 PM

I did. That`s why I tried that crontab command first. I did a lot of research and tried multiple commands but none of them worked for me. I know I`m a n00b and I shouldn`t ask for the basics but believe me I really research these things before I come here and ask for it.

That`s why first I tried to put the file in the cron.hourly folder and it didn`t work. Then I tried to run it from there and it didn`t work and then put the crontab command and it still didn`t work. Please don`t think that I`m looking for the basic and easy to find info here.

BTCkur.com
Bitsky

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:57:10 AM

A few hints/ideas:
- cron runs as its own user with its own ENV, so $PATH etc differs from other users
- try running it in cron as your own user (kullanici)
- cd into your homedir before trying to start the bot since it seems unable to find modules ("No module named Trading")
- set the directory for the modules (PYTHONPATH or sys.path.append)

If you know someone who is good with Linux, let him have a look directly at your system. It's hard to debug something if you cannot do anything yourself.
Only let that do someone you really trust and look over his shoulder to see what he is doing at any time.

BTC Turkiye (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 09:04:34 AM

A few hints/ideas:
- cron runs as its own user with its own ENV, so $PATH etc differs from other users
- try running it in cron as your own user (kullanici)
- cd into your homedir before trying to start the bot since it seems unable to find modules ("No module named Trading")
- set the directory for the modules (PYTHONPATH or sys.path.append)

Thank you. Will try...
If you know someone who is good with Linux, let him have a look directly at your system. It's hard to debug something if you cannot do anything yourself.
Only let that do someone you really trust and look over his shoulder to see what he is doing at any time.

That`s the reason I`m writing here instead of getting someone to look at my screen. I kinda have to do this all by myself but I keep getting smashed on my face, get up and try again

BTCkur.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: