Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we lived in a libertarian society  (Read 354 times)
8CommaClub (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:36:38 AM

If we live in a libertarian society , where you were able to run a free market paradise , without hurting anyone of course ...

What business would you run?

I'd have a S.U.P - Safe Usage Place

So lets say you are doing LSD in my establishment , I would give you access to a forest where you would be able to walk freely through the forest , allowing you to experience a calming green forest while you wander amongst the trees.

of course you can let your imagination run wild with ideas.

It's like a nature reserve but for humans.

What would you do?

1F8kqQx3eSwxbyoFvMYLtK4KBMMVJx3sjA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:47:34 AM

To make a libertarian society work, the members must willingly, and almost automatically, have respect for each other. This respect will get them to follow the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

However, this respect will also keep them honest enough that they will do justice to those among them who deserve punishment.

The best training manual for a workable, libertarian society is the Bible.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
tikalbong

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:51:08 AM

If we live in a libertarian society , where you were able to run a free market paradise , without hurting anyone of course ...

So lets say you are doing LSD in my establishment , I would give you access to a forest where you would be able to walk freely through the forest , allowing you to experience a calming green forest while you wander amongst the trees.

What would you do?

It does not matter what type of society we lived in, the most important thing is that we should respect each other. Whatever you do, just bare in mind that you are not oppressing someone.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]       ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
───────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ───────
8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:06:29 AM

To make a libertarian society work, the members must willingly, and almost automatically, have respect for each other. This respect will get them to follow the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

However, this respect will also keep them honest enough that they will do justice to those among them who deserve punishment.

Cool

This is assuming that everyone is following the N.A.P - Non-Aggression Principle. Do what you will as long as your hurting anyone else. Imagine if we're all a tribe living together with the same ideals. Then we wouldn't need the bible.

What would you do?

It does not matter what type of society we lived in, the most important thing is that we should respect each other. Whatever you do, just bare in mind that you are not oppressing someone.

But we live in a society of the oppressors... There's always one that rules in the game of power. It's very interesting. I think everyone just needs to take the "N.A.P" Non aggression principle. Then we don't need respect because respect is earned i believe.

buzzbeez

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:07:28 AM

I would run a business and not worry that the government would come around and tax me out of business. That would be nice.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:41:06 PM

Cool

This is assuming that everyone is following the N.A.P - Non-Aggression Principle. Do what you will as long as your hurting anyone else. Imagine if we're all a tribe living together with the same ideals. Then we wouldn't need the bible.

Well, actually, without the Bible, one still needs some guidance to understand what the non-aggression principle is.

The point is the little word "if." It's close to true that, "... if we're all a tribe living together with the same ideals. Then we wouldn't need the bible," for libertarian living. But nobody understands the non-aggression principle well enough to do it right. Non-aggression isn't a simple thing. Anti-non-aggression accidents happen all the time. This is part of the reason we should not live in big cities.

The Bible pretty much is the best guide for non-aggression. Why? Because all the forms of accidental and intentional aggression are dealt with properly, according to the non-aggression principle, in the Bible.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Rommel24

Activity: 115

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:35:40 PM

In the society today libertarian life has continue, instead you're not hurting to anyone,because its a view that each person has the right to live in his life as he choosen,to respect the equal rights of other and their property-rights before the government are created.it also its a central idea of people permitted to the run theirs own lives as they wish.
djBeatcoin

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:51:06 PM

The Bible pretty much is the best guide for non-aggression. Why? Because all the forms of accidental and intentional aggression are dealt with properly, according to the non-aggression principle, in the Bible.
Cool
New testament is fairly non-aggressive. But the Old Testament! Oh my  Grin
OT should be flagged as "not for under 18" because it contains some explicit violence. Its principle being "an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth" would turn the whole world blind and toothless.
But you must already know this. Check out Buddhism or M. Luther King if you want to know what non-violence is.
Sorry for the off topic, but I'm sensitive to exaggeration.
BTCW
Copper Member

Activity: 193
Merit: 235

Click "+Merit" top-right corner

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:55:05 AM

In a libertarian society, we would need to figure out ways to attract people to stick to one blockchain, that can handle assets, contracts, and be a reliable escrow service.

SendBTC.me <<< amazing imitative
8CommaClub (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:43:11 PM

In a libertarian society, we would need to figure out ways to attract people to stick to one blockchain, that can handle assets, contracts, and be a reliable escrow service.

Why just one blockchain? You should be able to trade amongst other currencies if you wish.

What if we funded a libertarian society , through a blockchain which could automate a majority of certain processes , assets and contracts within a ecosystem , that can be tested in the wild through a country or a town or city state or what have you , and show the world the results? That would be an interesting look how we do it.

but it's worth a try

Sexteh

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:25:53 AM

What would you do?

If we live in a libertarian Society where people can do what they want would be nice,  but in these days it's so hard to have the will to do the things you want freely because some people judge you in any small things you do,  even the clothes you're wearing and etc.
Idaujotaite

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:09:01 AM

The thought of running a business and know the government has no say and cant do anything is like a dream!
Owen_Smith

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:12:01 AM

Recently I've been thinking a lot about an idea some years back. The idea is to have a tool library. It's not really a business to make a lot of money, but it would benefit so many people. Basically, you just rent or buy a place and stock it many different tools that people could need. Customers just pay monthly or yearly fee to use the tools when they need them. They would have a due date, just like books from traditional libraries. It's similar to two neighbors sharing a lawn mower. You never actually need your lawn mower more than once a week. I think this is a business I might start.
ComaJoma

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:02:21 AM

The idea of living in a libertarian society is very appealing, BUT... it looks like very few people are ready to accept the rules of the game, you know what I mean? A libertarian society is a highly organized society, which remains a dream for most of us... Sad
OutlawFat

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:52:23 PM

Libertarian sounds like utopian to me and I wish it were real, but I'm a realist and just cannot picture it even to myself in my imagination.
erikjoy

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:17:56 PM

I would run a business and not worry that the government would come around and tax me out of business. That would be nice.

Haha! This is a good one. How could no one have noticed the irony?

That's the dream, to be able to operate a free business where you don't have to fight to make a profit. Some might argue though that the way America encourages innovation is through fierce competition. More people fighting to make money makes a higher quality of business. The problem with that concept is that the government is full of incompetent crooks who turn a few million a year off their circle of glory-jerking speeches and book publications after spending several years in office making the rich richer. I don't understand how people can stand against libertarianism but have no practical solution for these crooks.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:06:21 PM

Libertarian sounds like utopian to me and I wish it were real, but I'm a realist and just cannot picture it even to myself in my imagination.

Actually, here is all you need to do. Show everybody you can that they can completely beat government via the jury. The jury has the right and duty to nullify any and every law that they don't like. Then, take the law before the jury, and show how it is depriving you of your property unfairly. But most important, show how the law is depriving jury members of their property, as well.

Cool

Owen_Smith

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:07:46 PM

Haha! This is a good one. How could no one have noticed the irony?

That's the dream, to be able to operate a free business where you don't have to fight to make a profit. Some might argue though that the way America encourages innovation is through fierce competition. More people fighting to make money makes a higher quality of business. The problem with that concept is that the government is full of incompetent crooks who turn a few million a year off their circle of glory-jerking speeches and book publications after spending several years in office making the rich richer. I don't understand how people can stand against libertarianism but have no practical solution for these crooks.
Governments often have policies that make it much more difficult for businesses to succeed. That is true. I don't think it means, though, that the lack of taxes on businesses would actually mean you wouldn't have to fight. Presumably, all business would be on a level playing field. None of them would have to pay taxes in this hypothetically situation. They would then still compete for business. The prices would just be a lot lower. Maybe I'm missing something. Could you explain how this wouldn't be the case?
Tornadocrazy

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Actually, here is all you need to do. Show everybody you can that they can completely beat government via the jury. The jury has the right and duty to nullify any and every law that they don't like. Then, take the law before the jury, and show how it is depriving you of your property unfairly. But most important, show how the law is depriving jury members of their property, as well.

Cool

Yeah, that would be fabulous!  Cool
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:41:14 PM

Cool

Well, actually, without the Bible, one still needs some guidance to understand what the non-aggression principle is.

The point is the little word "if." It's close to true that, "... if we're all a tribe living together with the same ideals. Then we wouldn't need the bible," for libertarian living. But nobody understands the non-aggression principle well enough to do it right. Non-aggression isn't a simple thing. Anti-non-aggression accidents happen all the time. This is part of the reason we should not live in big cities.

Cool

Non-aggression principle (NAP)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: