Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:35:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox buys MtGoxLive.com but has no money to refund stolen bitcoins  (Read 1488 times)
the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 12:15:54 PM

Mt. Gox has been under some intense fire since the hacking incident, with individuals complaining that they have yet to be reimbursed for their stolen bitcoins but yet Mt. Gox has the funds to go on a buying spree?

Full Story : http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=8117

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meatpile

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:34:54 PM

I never understood where this consumerist entitlement sprang up from where someone thinks because they payed a company a few dollars for a service or product... That that company is now forever responsible for keeping them happy. If someone breaks into your house and steals this product.... you deserve a new one!!

Sure they fucked up on their security, but that's how everything works. You put your trust in the wrong place. so you should be writing them off and never dealing with them again. That's where their responsibility stops. Trust destroyed means no more business, not you need to go into debt to pay off all of last years profits to your customers.
coingenuity

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 01:46:31 PM

I never understood where this consumerist entitlement sprang up from where someone thinks because they payed a company a few dollars for a service or product... That that company is now forever responsible for keeping them happy. If someone breaks into your house and steals this product.... you deserve a new one!!

Sure they fucked up on their security, but that's how everything works. You put your trust in the wrong place. so you should be writing them off and never dealing with them again. That's where their responsibility stops. Trust destroyed means no more business, not you need to go into debt to pay off all of last years profits to your customers.

quote for truth

the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 03:37:03 PM

I donno man.. you pay a person or company to do X  ... and they fail to do it...  I would feel upset.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:03:54 PM

quoted for ignorance of the law.

If you deposit cash at your bank, and someone breaks in and steels it, should the bank have to pay you back for it?
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 06:04:41 PM

If you deposit cash at your bank, and someone breaks in and steels it, should the bank have to pay you back for it?

I guess it depends on the contract you signed with the bank.
Meatpile

Activity: 277

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 12:41:13 AM

Ignorance of the law indeed.  The only reason you are entitled to your money being safe in that situation is the bank pays many millions of dollars a year in insurance.  If mtgox has no such insurance, than you are shit out of luck and should know that when you hand over your money in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: