Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you male or female?
Male - 42 (95.5%)
Female - 2 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you male or female?  (Read 1115 times)
dragonkid (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:45:49 PM

Are you male or female?

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:48:07 PM

Yes

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 06:54:57 PM

C'mon, 99% of people here are guys...

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:01:03 PM

Both

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:01:55 PM

Yes
Agree Yes
may not be anyone on this board can truthfully say no. (true Herm)

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
xsfgsdrwe

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:25:18 PM

Can you clarify the question?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:40:36 PM

Bitcoin users are about 9 males out of every 10 people Tongue  It's really not a female interest, and I'm really trying to understand how this happens...

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:42:01 PM

"Other" option is missing.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 07:53:29 PM

C'mon, 99% of people here are guys...

Bear spits in woods... Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
JonnySmithers

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:56:37 PM

Neither.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:57:12 PM

I was discussing this some days ago with a guy that think we should work on understanding this.

Femal adoption is a key to the road for mass adoption.

It's not normal we cannot gain intrest of our wives to bitcoin topics  Huh

I'm going to try to get my female friends interested in Bitcoin.  I think the biggest issue is that they don't see one of the major reasons why Bitcoin is great, being its freedom from centralized sources--they don't quite grasp why that matters, and any libertarian can tell you that liberty is a complete sausage fest.  But this just presents one more mystery...

My best guess is that it's due to INTPs and INTJs being male-dominated personalities, who just happen to find Bitcoin fascinating, while NFs see it more for its liberating properties, but NFs are all over the place in their beliefs--it's not until Bitcoin becomes much wider spread and usable in everyday life that the sensory personalities, which make up over half of all people, and slightly more women than men, will really consider Bitcoin at all.  But who knows.  It's a common stereotype that this forum is full of a bunch of nerds and nerdiness is another sausage fest Tongue

Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:04:48 PM

Male here Smiley
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

I was discussing this some days ago with a guy that think we should work on understanding this.

It's not normal we cannot gain intrest of our wives to bitcoin topics  Huh

How many woman are software engineers? How many are mathematicians? How many are economists? Vastly less than the amount of men in these categories. I think it has something to do with skill and interest. All these areas are quite beta. In general men are better/more interested in beta subjects and woman in alpha.

Don't worry, woman (will) enjoy the applications just the same Smiley
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

It's not normal we cannot gain intrest of our wives to bitcoin topics  Huh

I'm going to try to get my female friends interested in Bitcoin.  I think the biggest issue is that they don't see one of the major reasons why Bitcoin is great, being its freedom from centralized sources--they don't quite grasp why that matters, and any libertarian can tell you that liberty is a complete sausage fest.  But this just presents one more mystery...

My best guess is that it's due to INTPs and INTJs being male-dominated personalities, who just happen to find Bitcoin fascinating, while NFs see it more for its liberating properties, but NFs are all over the place in their beliefs--it's not until Bitcoin becomes much wider spread and usable in everyday life that the sensory personalities, which make up over half of all people, and slightly more women than men, will really consider Bitcoin at all.  But who knows.  It's a common stereotype that this forum is full of a bunch of nerds and nerdiness is another sausage fest Tongue

It's all about computers and interwebs and programming and that stuff, this still is a male dominated sector, I studied computer/software engineering, something like 100 guys and less than 10 girls entered per year, I don't suppose that has changed...

Look at all the geek/nerd stuff out there, Linux, file-sharing, gaming, you don't see many girls.

marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:24:58 PM

Male like everyone else Cheesy

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:31:41 PM

Female I am not.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:47:02 PM

It's all about computers and interwebs and programming and that stuff, this still is a male dominated sector, I studied computer/software engineering, something like 100 guys and less than 10 girls entered per year, I don't suppose that has changed...

Look at all the geek/nerd stuff out there, Linux, file-sharing, gaming, you don't see many girls.

Yes, it's all very male-dominant.  I don't believe males are pushing women out of these circles either; most of them seem more than open to women.  Of course you have the off bigot but for the most part they're more amazed a lady could be interested in such things than against it, so I think that can be ruled out.  There are also scholarships open specifically to women by various organizations to get them into technology, so I don't think that's an issue either.  My next guess would be societal norms; I can only speak for America, but it's a common (yet diminishing, especially if we look toward the younger generations) stereotype for ladies to be either subservient to men, or more interested in "womanly" work; fathers want to teach their sons leadership roles and such, but rather the mothers teach their daughters more subservient roles--after all, that's what they learned, and that's what they want to pass on.

Most of the women I've known have had an incredible interest in nursing; this is strongly tied to empathetic responses to the injured and sick, where women are oft more empathetic toward animals and other people than men are.  At the same time, jobs in technology are more "cold", and often not oriented in the pursuit to directly help people (at least, not in the same way being a nurse would; of course technology is helping us greatly, but it doesn't have that immediate response sensing personalities need to feel they're doing something well.)  The biggest question I have here is whether or not this is something woven into female genetics, or something beaten out of males, or something nurtured in women--perhaps both.  The existence of people who feel great empathetic responses to harming animals but give fuck-all when a person is killed seem to support this idea; if you can train a person to hate their own kind, is it possible to shape how empathetic a person can be while growing up?  Is a person's personality set in stone the moment they are born, or is it something which is fashioned?  Evidence seems to point to the former, unfortunately; a person who goes through great traumatic stress can still be a loving, caring person, and a person with a wonderful childhood can still be extremely ordered and authoritarian.

millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:59:08 PM

ill earn the bitcoin, wife can make me a sammich

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:01:21 PM

Yes, it's all very male-dominant.  I don't believe males are pushing women out of these circles either; most of them seem more than open to women.  Of course you have the off bigot but for the most part they're more amazed a lady could be interested in such things than against it, so I think that can be ruled out.  There are also scholarships open specifically to women by various organizations to get them into technology, so I don't think that's an issue either.  My next guess would be societal norms; I can only speak for America, but it's a common (yet diminishing, especially if we look toward the younger generations) stereotype for ladies to be either subservient to men, or more interested in "womanly" work; fathers want to teach their sons leadership roles and such, but rather the mothers teach their daughters more subservient roles--after all, that's what they learned, and that's what they want to pass on.

Most of the women I've known have had an incredible interest in nursing; this is strongly tied to empathetic responses to the injured and sick, where women are oft more empathetic toward animals and other people than men are.  At the same time, jobs in technology are more "cold", and often not oriented in the pursuit to directly help people (at least, not in the same way being a nurse would; of course technology is helping us greatly, but it doesn't have that immediate response sensing personalities need to feel they're doing something well.)  The biggest question I have here is whether or not this is something woven into female genetics, or something beaten out of males, or something nurtured in women--perhaps both.  The existence of people who feel great empathetic responses to harming animals but give fuck-all when a person is killed seem to support this idea; if you can train a person to hate their own kind, is it possible to shape how empathetic a person can be while growing up?  Is a person's personality set in stone the moment they are born, or is it something which is fashioned?  Evidence seems to point to the former, unfortunately; a person who goes through great traumatic stress can still be a loving, caring person, and a person with a wonderful childhood can still be extremely ordered and authoritarian.

Yeah, you write too much, but I agree, when I wrote "male dominated" was not in the misogynistic way, because we are very pleased in seeing more women entering this field, they just don't get so attracted to it as men.

Before computer engineering I was in mechanical engineering, few women also.

xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 09:02:29 PM

Female I am not.

Like me. Male Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: