Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Programming service (C#)  (Read 657 times)
coolgamer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:37:01 PM

Hi everybody,
I'm learning C# at the moment and I want to do some projects. If you need a program and you are not a programmer you can ask me to do it for you. I'm not a professional programmer, so I can only do some easy projects. You can simply ask me for something you want to have and I will tell you if I am able to implement your desire.
Maybe we can talk about some payment for it, too Wink
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:38:06 PM

Nice to meet you Grin  What made you want to study C#?  Do you know any other languages?

coolgamer (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:44:43 PM

I'm studying it at school but I like working with computers since I was a child and I always wanted to start programming voluntarily. I tryed Python a long time ago but I had not enough discipline to study it enough and to create own projects.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

I'm studying it at school but I like working with computers since I was a child and I always wanted to start programming voluntarily. I tryed Python a long time ago but I had not enough discipline to study it enough and to create own projects.

I'm there with you, I actually self-studied Python on a whim a year or two ago, as I had heard it was easier to pick up than C++.  I did okay, and then actually tried picking up C++.  Did better than I thought; I can mostly do the same in both, but then I got to pointers and arrays and data structures, and my brain just couldn't take it anymore lol  I'm really arts-oriented and programming is so logic-demanding, I tend to find myself struggling to grasp how just perfect code has to be; just one letter or number off and it's not good enough!  Craziness Shocked

Anon135246

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:52:09 PM

You should make a topic in Services. You'll get a lot more attention over there.
coolgamer (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

I'm really arts-oriented and programming is so logic-demanding, I tend to find myself struggling to grasp how just perfect code has to be; just one letter or number off and it's not good enough!  Craziness Shocked
I'm working with Visual Studio and with that mistakes like missing letters are no problem. You can find them easily and the GUI also makes suggestions for your code (like Google does it while your searching something).

You should make a topic in Services. You'll get a lot more attention over there.
I would do it if I wasn't a newbie Wink
coinlife

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:20:03 PM

Would you consider trying some language other than C#?
coolgamer (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:33:03 PM

No, at the moment not, but maybe later I will do it.
tfk

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 10:52:18 PM

C# is a nice language to begin with. It's very much like C++ in syntax but is friendlier than C++ because you don't have to worry (too much) about pointers, memory allocation and the likes.

That doesn't mean that C++ should be discarded. Many applications are built in C and when you know C# you'll notice that you know what's going on a lot quicker then when you come from for instance VisualBasic.

Another good point of C# is that it's also supported on non-Windows platforms through Mono/MonoDevelop. Meaning that you can build the same applications for these platforms too without having to port them.

Good to see people interested in C#! If you need help, let me know.

TFK
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:58:03 PM

Learning C++ right off the bat can be hard for some people. I self taught myself python a few years ago and then moved onto Java as it's another object orientated language. I will look into C++ at some point after I have learnt so much in Java.
emptycoffeemug

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:12:30 AM

New here. 
I'm mining with cgminer (altcoins) on linux and am seeing a lot of variability in price between different coins to mine.  One day LTC are worth the most to mine, one day, LTC, and the next, MNC.  I would pay for a program that finds out the most profitable coin to mine (that's the easy part as there are multiple sites telling you that all ready) and instructing cgminer to mine the most profitable coins. 
Only problem is that C# is windows, isn't it.  If you could do that for windows, though, I might be able to get my rig running that.  And I'm damn sure that lots of people would want your product. 
tfk

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 10:10:55 AM

New here. 
I'm mining with cgminer (altcoins) on linux and am seeing a lot of variability in price between different coins to mine.  One day LTC are worth the most to mine, one day, LTC, and the next, MNC.  I would pay for a program that finds out the most profitable coin to mine (that's the easy part as there are multiple sites telling you that all ready) and instructing cgminer to mine the most profitable coins. 
Only problem is that C# is windows, isn't it.  If you could do that for windows, though, I might be able to get my rig running that.  And I'm damn sure that lots of people would want your product. 

First of all, C# is not a Windows only platform. The Mono project is a very good implementation of Microsoft's C# and the CLR which is binary compatible with .Net thus using MonoDevelop you can easily build for other platforms as well.

TFK

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 02:04:48 PM

If you really need to sell your service, try the Services section of the marketplace when you leave newbie jail
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: