Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how many coins do you think will last  (Read 334 times)
cryptotaste (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:09:35 AM

There are currently 1524 coins on Coinmarketcap making up a total cap of $448,449,144,831.00. With this in mind I think that maybe we are in a "bubble". With out a vetting system for ICO's coming on to the market, there will always be coins that are, as far as their project and actual utilization is concerned, maintain an artificial value contributing to the broader crypto market cap.
Now don't get me wrong. I believe that crypto is here to stay in one form or another. But until we find a way of getting these scam coins (Bitconnect etc.) out of the market, then I believe we will not have a true representation of the market. Furthermore, I think this plays a part in the declining price that is conflicting Bitcoin and other great projects out there as the market becomes over saturated.
Once markets begin using vetting services for potential ICO's, I believe this market will truly start to take off. My question is this, once these coins have to start going through a more stringent vetting process to be accepted to market's how many coins do you think will last, and do you think this is something that will gain adoption in the near future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:27:28 AM

There are currently 1524 coins on Coinmarketcap making up a total cap of $448,449,144,831.00. With this in mind I think that maybe we are in a "bubble". With out a vetting system for ICO's coming on to the market, there will always be coins that are, as far as their project and actual utilization is concerned, maintain an artificial value contributing to the broader crypto market cap.
Now don't get me wrong. I believe that crypto is here to stay in one form or another. But until we find a way of getting these scam coins (Bitconnect etc.) out of the market, then I believe we will not have a true representation of the market. Furthermore, I think this plays a part in the declining price that is conflicting Bitcoin and other great projects out there as the market becomes over saturated.
Once markets begin using vetting services for potential ICO's, I believe this market will truly start to take off. My question is this, once these coins have to start going through a more stringent vetting process to be accepted to market's how many coins do you think will last, and do you think this is something that will gain adoption in the near future?

If crypto survives in the long term, bitcoin is a must have, first of all.

All the new altcoins coming out that has a generalized purpose without a clear pathway for future development will be eliminated sooner or later by new coins. And the new coins will be replaced sooner or later by a newer coin.

I think the only coins that are safe from this is Monero, BTC, and Ether, which all have very large support bases.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:37:41 AM

Many coins I have,
but I think the safest coin is the top 10 coin in coinmarketcap. And I save Ethereum.
And also some coins from ICO, bounty and Airdrop. most of which come in coinmarkercap
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:43:00 AM

All coins that cannot define there future will all fade off and be replaced with new ones recently some dumped coins have been deleted from coin market cap.
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:44:09 AM

Probably not many.. but still until the hammer comes down from the heaven.. may be 10K.. and once regulated (after 5 years) .. about 500 coins.. just ballpark
davenjulio

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

"PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:46:18 AM

we cannot count how many will last, but we can say that those coins with real tech, project and products will eventually become the winner.
Lots of ICO's now a days are scams, after the ICO the roadmap is not being followed, A good team with a large community will have the largest chances of surviving. But still if we found a gem in this ICo's  will definitely give us a good fortune.

╰ PlayHall ╯ ● Pre-sale starts at 10 AM EST (New York Time), February 26, 2018  (https://goo.gl/FrA9Zp) ●
| THE FIRST MULTI-CRYPT
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:27:50 AM

To be accepted in in a lot market and the coin must have met any requirements from the market itself. But the majority of altcoin don't have strong development progress i can say only 7%-8% of them will survive.

But not sure about that because the majority of investors are using ico to flip their money.  
It will not happen in near future.
timet678

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

I'm sure most of them will fade away. Only the ones with a good use-case and adoption will survive over the coming years. This is a very high risk market and a lot of the coins/tokens out there should be treated like penny stocks.

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:42:18 AM

Infact i never hold coins other a few that have good support of people and are prominent in the world including Bitcoin, Butcoin cash, Ethereum, Ripple. I believe in these coins because if you see there is no coin having such a huge market capitalisation othe than these four i have choose, also newly joining companies initially focus on these major crypto coins to start buying and selling with
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:43:28 AM

I also think that most of the token on coinmarketcap will disappear, because it as the national regulatory policy implemented, so countries did not allow the existence of these tokens, these tokens, looks more like a scam, they are of no value.

VanKleiss

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:51:22 AM

My best estimate would be around 100 coins if there will be a regulations concerning making of token or coins. Smart Contract Platforms such as Ethereum, NEO, Stratis and many others should have a high standard requirements to use their platform in order to minimize the scammers.
sorehammer

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:00:48 AM

I think its not possible to figure out exactly how many coins will last but there are some assumptions on the basis of which we can decide which coin will last or not.
1.Vision of project behind the coin should be transparent.
2.Continuous development work should be in process to accommodate more improvements.
3.Profile of the development team
4.Circulation in market
5.Unique Technology
6.Community (Larger community mean its elected by more people & vise versa)

There are many other factors but these are common factors on the basis of which you can analyze how many coins are there in Coin Market cap which possesses these qualities,you will find your answer by yourself.However BTC,ETH,NEO,XPR,ADA,WAVES,ZENCASH, are good coins to be considered for long existent.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Mariya03

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:03:57 AM

Nowadays, many of the cryptocurrencies are doing their best to have a better future. All of them have the same goals which I think is to survive and stay standing for the future.

If there will be a cryptocurrencies will last, I think there would be 25% of the cryptocurrencies now. Without doubt, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin rae belong to that 25% of cryptocurrencies.

Clausewitz

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:04:14 AM

around 10-20% will survive in the next 5-7 years. Some of the listed coins are already abandoned.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:18:58 AM

Whatever anyone will say now regarding the number of coins that will actually last is just speculations, no one can say outrightly what will be the future of most coins.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
BushuevNic

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:14:46 AM

As a newbie I think that vetting system for ICOs will be very useful. There are really hundreds of ICOs monthly and it's very difficult for newbie to find a good, reliable, promising and profitable ICOs. There are many scams and so called "shitcoins" and it's difficult and takes much time to distinguish between them.
albronzzo

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:27:15 AM

i think just the privacy crypto will survive if governments starts to interfere... regulators and governments cannot control these privacy cryptocurrencies... they are anonymous ...the traders the hodlers are all anonymous... unless internet is banned all over the world....
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

I think we are in a bubble regarding the high number of existing coins (more than 1500 on coinmarketcap alone, then there are tons
of other coin NOT on coinmarketcap)...so I think this number will continue to grow during 2018 and then there will be a huge disappearing
of many many projects/coin. I don't think the total market cap will be lower, though...so BTC and other main coins (ETH, XMR) will see higher and higher
market caps at the expense of other minor coins

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thyaga

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:43:41 AM

I think only a few coins will survive because in the future, each country will make its own crypto currency
jc123

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:42:08 PM

I think many of them will just fade away and few will stay and last.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: