Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it wrong...  (Read 6996 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 02:35:43 AM

There is no right or wrong. Your choices are highly influenced by your environment. Examine your environment to determine what influences your thinking process. You can make a better choice after that.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:46:41 PM

There is no right or wrong. Your choices are highly influenced by your environment. Examine your environment to determine what influences your thinking process. You can make a better choice after that.
That is not the best advice in some cases, if your head is messed up enough you will highlight and exaggerate bad things and dismiss or outright ignore the good stuff

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Sannyasi

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 05:55:38 PM

There is no right or wrong.

this

people cause their own troubles.

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
Babylon

Activity: 938

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:41:52 PM

If you are currently under contract of any sort than suicide would be a breach of contract.

On a more moral level I think it is wrong if you have taken responsibility for caring for someone else, whether by having children or taking on the responsibility for someone who is handicapped.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jgraham

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

<Pretentious and poorly thought out latin phrase>

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:17:00 PM

You are aware suicide rates are higher for teens on medication than without. What's far worse is too be on them and swing back and forth not taking them as prescribed. I agree if Atlas is swinging on and off medication he needs to stop that whether taking them or not. Well aware of the psychiatric field and it's practices having a mother that worked in psychiatric ER and currently head of the county's drug rehabilitation center. Myself having been on the client side of those through out my teenage/young adult years and later helping those causes through various means. I speak with empathy and real knowledge of the situation Atlas speaks of. Spouting off the same old one solution fits all that's picked up from the tube is what causes folks to fall through the cracks of the system. I'm glad to agree with you on the prescription drug issue to a degree however you easily forget your pusher will always show you whats needed for the sale.

Can you provide a source for these alleged statistics?  Call me curious.

I'm rather good with Linux.  If you're having problems with your mining rig I'll help you out remotely for 0.05.  You can also propose a flat-rate for some particular task.  PM me for details.
MountainMan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 07:49:30 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=suicide+rates+teens+medication

Lots of stuff out there. As with most statistics, you can make the numbers say whatever you want.
jgraham

Activity: 140

<Pretentious and poorly thought out latin phrase>

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 01:31:29 PM

Perhaps I'm not being clear?  I meant your statistical source for your opinion (well originally I meant 'slaveindebt' but now that you've seemingly picked up the "torch of stupid").   Not every website which happens to agree with your position.  See the difference?

When you pick a source that you think is credible. Then I'll tear it apart.   Grin

As with most statistics, you can make the numbers say whatever you want.

Not really.  For example you can't for a given sample and a given confidence level validate an arbitrary confidence interval.
...or is this your way of giving up without a fight.  How disappointing!

I'm rather good with Linux.  If you're having problems with your mining rig I'll help you out remotely for 0.05.  You can also propose a flat-rate for some particular task.  PM me for details.
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 02:25:08 AM

Atlas says he wants to kill himself, so we spend half the thread arguing about whether medications are good or bad?!?    Huh

Atlas, I've gotten the impression that you don't like me, which is fine, but I want to say this:  don't kill yourself.

Perhaps you are already past the low point and are doing fine now, but it may come again.  And when it does, hang on.  Years from now when you look back you will be glad that you did and you will find things to enjoy in life that make it worth it. 

Also, you should not be alone on this, you need human support, and I don't mean pseudo-anonymous internet "friends".  I don't know your family and friend situation, but you need to talk to people you trust who care about you.  They can help you hang in there when it gets tough.  Anyway, man, please stick with this life thing.  It's worth it and you will not regret the decision.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 02:31:42 AM

Is it wrong to end your life even though it will hurt those who somehow happen to value you?

IMO, any single person's life is pretty meaningless(always end up in the tomb),  but if for some reason you becomes valueable for someone/somthing, your life start to gain some meaning

deuxmill

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 04:08:20 AM

Is it wrong to end your life even though it will hurt those who somehow happen to value you?

It ain't wrong to take your life. It's actually better that being taken by others. You are responsible of other's feeling that is why you have to prepare them. I think of suicide a lot lately , most of the time when the effects of drugs are wearing off, but the most horrific times are when waking up after a heavy drinking night, completely unaware of what happened the past night, I keep seeing myself jumping of my balcony , cutting myself , sometimes devil faces hallucinations  Shocked (even if i'm atheist) , But then i think why would i do that , why would i end my life , why would i shut down my brain , why would i stop talking to my friends , why would i stop having fun , and simply shut down myself. I don't believe in afterlife or shit like this so this won't make it easier it would just stop , everything . Even if I would of been worthless , after this i would of became even more so. I would be food for the worms.

So bro your entire life , every happening , every color , every conversation , every substance you had contact with in you life "programed" your brain and your genes in a way that is UNIQUE to you, don't destroy it , use them , and pass them on. Take your friends and talk your problems with them ,( if you think that your problems aren't to be talked with them then they aren't real friends ) and resolve them using your uniqueness.

Don't go to shrinks unless you want to get drugged , otherwise they will sound like imbeciles , they use drugs to "soften" your brain and make it more receptive to their "advice" . This might help but in the long run it might makes things worse because at some point you have to quit both the meds and the nice shrink stories and talking . You've done the best thing so far you acknowledged that you might have a problem , now you can resolve it and you are the only one who actually can.

SO . It ain't wrong but it's a waste . Is waste wrong? No but still  WASTE.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 04:41:41 AM

There are all sorts of meds and they may have all sorts of different side-effects depending on each person, don't dismiss advice from actual professionals of the area just because random people that didn't study the brain and it's workings tell you about what they believe in

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 05:06:27 AM

stop bumping this, for christ's sake.
d3wo

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Kupo!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 12:48:04 AM

Actually it depends on the situations, if those who value you always keep an eye on you,
then those who value you will have to take decission first Smiley

U are talking about US default right ?

Donations Welcome: 1GD3Sg3xcAzoc4V2SbkdTkFT9acio65Wr9
Tronlet

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 02:42:23 AM

Was trying to avoid bumping this but... US default? What the fuck does this have to do with the US default?

Can we please stop bumping this injury to Atlas' ego? I admire that he hasn't deleted it yet, if this continues for much longer maybe this should just be locked. Jesus. He posted this when he was depressed and would probably like to forget it now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: