Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:49:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newegg put something useful for sale  (Read 1818 times)
Desolator (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:41:57 AM

Check out the 7/20/2011 shell shocker.  It was just mailed out approx 100 seconds ago Tongue

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136490

It's gonna be only $49.99 and "Available from 1:00PM - 2:59PM PT"

It's a super low powered 1 TB hard drive.  I was going to put my 500GB WD Green drive in my rig to save a bit of power but it's my alternate for storing backups in my safe deposit box at the bank and I don't wanna make 2 trips with the same hard drive back and forth so I just swap those 2 with each other Tongue

But here's what I'm thinking.  Install this one, get lower power and freaky cheap storage, and then throw all your other machines' backup images on it (or at least your files).  So it's a power reduction and a backup device which makes your mining rig seem so much more useful Cheesy Woohoo!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
telegdyd

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 12:35:15 PM

Good price, but i can't buy from Europe... Sad

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 04:21:08 PM

Good price, but i can't buy from Europe... Sad
NewEgg isn't in Europe Tongue

Mousepotato
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 05:28:01 PM

I can't believe they don't ship internationally.  They must not bother cuz even at that low of prices, with the currency exchange fees and international shipping fees, it would be cheaper for anyone in any other country to pick up that part from a more local source.

Not to mention the fact that many foreign countries are giant steaming pots of stolen paypal accounts, stolen credit cards, and falsified credit card chargebacks and no american company wants to deal with that kind of BS.
cicada

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:54:40 PM

I ordered one of these last week at the $59.99 USD price, got it DOA and had to ship it back for $9.09, turned out to be an expensive drive.

When I dropped the RMA at UPS, there was an *identical* box on the counter already, I had to do a doubletake and make sure I wasn't in the twilight zone!  I don't know for sure if it was the same drive being RMA'd by someone else, but chances are fairly good.

I've got two of these in my server already and they're great drives, but be warned of potential for DOAs.

Team Epic!

All your bitcoin are belong to 19mScWkZxACv215AN1wosNNQ54pCQi3iB7
stellan0r

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 07:59:43 PM

40 Euro in Germany, 58 Euro for 2 TB

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:51:41 PM

I ordered one of these last week at the $59.99 USD price, got it DOA and had to ship it back for $9.09, turned out to be an expensive drive.

When I dropped the RMA at UPS, there was an *identical* box on the counter already, I had to do a doubletake and make sure I wasn't in the twilight zone!  I don't know for sure if it was the same drive being RMA'd by someone else, but chances are fairly good.

I've got two of these in my server already and they're great drives, but be warned of potential for DOAs.

Newegg generally doesn't make you pay return shipping for defective items. Why did they make you pay shipping in this case?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:28:31 PM

Newegg generally doesn't make you pay return shipping for defective items. Why did they make you pay shipping in this case?

Since when? I had to return a defective item and they made me pay return shipping. They didn't make me pay shipping back to me again I guess.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 09:49:26 PM

When I dropped the RMA at UPS, there was an *identical* box on the counter already, I had to do a doubletake and make sure I wasn't in the twilight zone!  I don't know for sure if it was the same drive being RMA'd by someone else, but chances are fairly good.

Since when? I had to return a defective item and they made me pay return shipping. They didn't make me pay shipping back to me again I guess.

Uh, since always? :/ I've had near 100% success when contacting them for RMA and saying my item was defective. They almost always gave me a prepaid shipping label, whether or not I asked, as long as whatever I was returning was defective.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 04:21:09 AM

:-O they never do that for me!  And at work I have a rep from TigerDirect who I can personally call and ask questions and get price quotes and do returns and stuff Tongue strike 2, newegg lol.  Oh, but a long time ago I ordered PC2100 and they sent me PC2700 accidentally and I sure as hell wasn't sending it back so maybe we're even lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: