Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC stolen bybsupport team from Jaxx wallet REWARD TO BE GIVEN  (Read 125 times)
Erwincrypto (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:26:46 AM

Hi all !!

A friend of mine had some 460 ETC in his Jaxx wallet.
He could not transfer for some technichal issues so he contacted support team via e-mail.
They replied with some suggestions and he replied back, but unfortunatelly he managed to copy/paste his back-up phrase in one of the messages ! Now I know it's beyond stupid, but he did it so there nothing he can do to repair this.
In a couple of hours he received an e-mail back from them in wich they warned never to send personal data like this again bla bla bla... and after that the funds were transfered in like 10 minutes from his wallet. There were 2 transactions - I will put them here.
We have e-mailed back and asked them to return the ETC but they don't seem to give a shit, so we called the Toronto Financial Crime Police who told us there is nothing they can do.
Of course my friends would like he money back, so please if you have any suggestions just drop us a line, or get more involved and he will pay a ransom.
I understand that the flow of ETC from his adress can be tracked, eventually to an exchange, and that there could be a chance that the exchange would freeze/return the funds.
For anyone that could help it would be a 2000$ worth of ETC reward.

My friend's public adress :
0x2e0759E0258180c7de6DB0065cbD64f5ED6a13A8

Adress ETC was transfered to : (400 ETC)
 0x12222779ccdbCB802d6c3E721c0957c7FfBa6772

60 ETC to 0x601a52DE2c0B9FEfAb30752676a9F5Bd53Aa8F88

Thanks a lot and hope for some valuable advice/help !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:09:16 AM

Unfortunately there's not much you can do.

Tracking crypto is complicated. Thief could have used some mixing service making it untraceable.
If you would be lucky and track it down to exchange then you would also need that exchange to cooperate and my guess they will cooperate only with authorities. In addition only those exchanges that are KYC/AML obligated (fiat exchanges) ... so if thief turned them to another crypto then chances to succeed are very, very low.

I think this should be reported to jaxx management as they are the only one who (maybe) can find the person which was dealing with your friend and try to push on him. But I think this is impossible to happen.

Sorry for your friends loss.  

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Erwincrypto (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:42:00 AM

Tracking crypto is complicated. Thief could have used some mixing service making it untraceable.
If you would be lucky and track it down to exchange then you would also need that exchange to cooperate and my guess they will cooperate only with authorities. In addition only those exchanges that are KYC/AML obligated (fiat exchanges) ... so if thief turned them to another crypto then chances to succeed are very, very low.

I think this should be reported to jaxx management as they are the only one who (maybe) can find the person which was dealing with your friend and try to push on him. But I think this is impossible to happen.

Hi and thanks for the reply !

We cannot get to Jaxx management, they don't have contact details other than the usual support address. We tried reaching one on LinkedIn without response...
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:31:20 PM

Hi and thanks for the reply !

We cannot get to Jaxx management, they don't have contact details other than the usual support address. We tried reaching one on LinkedIn without response...

I see they have twitter and reddit as well. You can try shout out there. But if you don't have some indisputable proofs I guess this all will be absolutely useless.

You need to unerstand this was a huge error on your side and it's solely up to them to decide whether try to help you or not. So don't be offensive.
Nevertheless theft is theft and should be punished even if you are the one who did something wrong.

BTW USD 2k reward for tracking is not negligible amount. Someone actually may be interested but you should mention it somewhere else than in beginner section. Perhaps services section or similar ( you know, some place where more experienced users stay ).

GL

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: