Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:04:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION- Stop receive airdrop token without knowledge  (Read 813 times)
snowblack (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:47:30 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 02:57:45 PM by snowblack
Merited by malevolent (4), Jet Cash (1)

Nowadays, Airdrop and Bounty posts receive coins, free tokens are everywhere. Many bad guys take the opportunity to create fake airdrop and fake bounty programs to collect your information for malicious purposes. Normally, they get your email, social network accounts for advertising or sales. In addition, many of the loopholes that reveal passwords will attempt to break into your account.

Many people with good security knowledge are not worried, but I know many of you do not know about security so if you disclose Email, password, private key of the wallet MEW risk of flying out of property.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Azjum

Activity: 458
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:14:31 PM

I couldn't agree more.
Email + password required for registration = jackpot for the hacker
Fathurrahman27

Activity: 350
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:22:38 AM

I also think that way, many bad guys are starting to make a profit by doing business cryptocurrency by cheating a lot of people to make it rich.

But we as human beings who have intelligence, should not take the wrong step to follow a project, it helps us find out first about the projects that we will do. So as not to lose after knowing that we are being cheated.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:53:02 PM

I couldn't agree more.
Email + password required for registration = jackpot for the hacker

Thats why i use Fake Email and some random password for airdrops , just in case something bad happens with my account . As i see somebody already found my logins at some websites and trying to log in , as i get emails for suspicious activity on my some accounts . Today he did click password recovery on my Blizzard Account lol , but he cant get my email password  Grin
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:11:48 PM

All is good until they start to ask for KYC, we are aware, at least I do believe many of us are aware of potential sales going specially on the deep web or even between companies. It's okay when they ask about your name and email as there are many providers out there that will enable you to use some temp mail service for free or simply you go there and open up a new one. Above all you also have websites such as https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/  that will help you to make up new identity if you don't feel creative that day. Thing is regarding KYC that first off you can't trust startup that much for keeping your conditionals safe and specially you can't trust them if they turn out to be the scam and your details end up stolen.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:37:58 PM

I haven't applied for an airdrop these days. Are they really asking for email and then the password??

Plus I dont think KYC is need for airdrops. KYC is more like big investors stuff. You know, banks wont let large money enter them without knowing where it came from.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:12:56 AM

Nowadays, Airdrop and Bounty posts receive coins, free tokens are everywhere. Many bad guys take the opportunity to create fake airdrop and fake bounty programs to collect your information for malicious purposes. Normally, they get your email, social network accounts for advertising or sales. In addition, many of the loopholes that reveal passwords will attempt to break into your account.

Many people with good security knowledge are not worried, but I know many of you do not know about security so if you disclose Email, password, private key of the wallet MEW risk of flying out of property.

I'm not too interested to follow airdrop especially if you ask for complete data but their pay is not comparable. at that time, the same thoughts arise as you say. They do not actually build airdrop but only collect data for bad purposes, except at the same time they also run bounty.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:25:39 PM

Ya sadly 99 percent of airdrops are just scams or completely worthless. Just attempts to get your information and/or attempt to hack your accounts.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:57:33 PM

I haven't applied for an airdrop these days. Are they really asking for email and then the password??

Plus I dont think KYC is need for airdrops. KYC is more like big investors stuff. You know, banks wont let large money enter them without knowing where it came from.

Some airdrops require you to go thorough their website, I've heard that some will ask you for KYC, tho this I have heard, haven't happened to me, I know some bounties ask for KYC. It is needed for investors that's true, I am not sure regarding airdrops but it could happen I don't see any reason against this. Although if this is the case then this is not majority of airdrops for sure. Most of them are simple such as joining telegrams groups and such small things that everybody can do, some will require you to be active etc. Tho thing with KYC is that because of regulation, specially in the US these companies that run ICOs have to comply with their countries laws and rules. But I wouldn't deny the fact that some of these companies could sell your information to third party.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:36:23 AM

Some airdrops require you to go thorough their website, I've heard that some will ask you for KYC, tho this I have heard, haven't happened to me, I know some bounties ask for KYC. It is needed for investors that's true, I am not sure regarding airdrops but it could happen I don't see any reason against this. Although if this is the case then this is not majority of airdrops for sure. Most of them are simple such as joining telegrams groups and such small things that everybody can do, some will require you to be active etc. Tho thing with KYC is that because of regulation, specially in the US these companies that run ICOs have to comply with their countries laws and rules. But I wouldn't deny the fact that some of these companies could sell your information to third party.

Right, it's scary that some of them can share your data with another third party even though for now they tell you they will not. Like Coinbase giving most of their user's data to IRS. I've had a campaign in the past that requires their investors KYC but not bounty hunters. And it worked.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:14:11 AM

And I suggest again to be more careful telegram groups that offer a lot of airdrops. In it does not display detailed information about the official web of ICO, only include the registration form.
Only a small percentage of them are legit, and actually pay a worthwhile coin/token.
snowblack (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:40:26 AM

And I suggest again to be more careful telegram groups that offer a lot of airdrops. In it does not display detailed information about the official web of ICO, only include the registration form.
Only a small percentage of them are legit, and actually pay a worthwhile coin/token.

Thanks for your warning. Attention everyone!
mai2mai

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:42:08 PM

I've read the whole thread but don't see any problem here. What a panic? Just don't use your main e-mail for drops and make a random pass everytime as someone said here. Almost everyone in this thread is taking part in a bounty program as I see. If someone wants to get your social and wallets, they can just open any spreadsheet on any bounty thread... Do your best to protect your accounts: 2FA and so on... and everything will be alright
As for me, I do airdrops very rarely, just because I'm lazy) The problem is KYC for bounty hunters - this is a real problem as I see...
mai2mai

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:30:39 PM

Isn't it obvious that those potential scam/fail ICO give the users free token because they give the ICO free personal data to be sold, especially the ICO that ask lots of personal data for KYC/AML just for claim free token.

I've read the whole thread but don't see any problem here. What a panic? Just don't use your main e-mail for drops and make a random pass everytime as someone said here. Almost everyone in this thread is taking part in a bounty program as I see. If someone wants to get your social and wallets, they can just open any spreadsheet on any bounty thread... Do your best to protect your accounts: 2FA and so on... and everything will be alright
As for me, I do airdrops very rarely, just because I'm lazy) The problem is KYC for bounty hunters - this is a real problem as I see...

There's no panic, OP just try to inform to those who might use their real identity or main email/password when join free airdrop or bounty campaign.

Really? People do this? Give their pass or private key to get airdrop tokens?  Huh How do such people survive in this world Huh
But I've passed a couple of KYC for nice bounties...now they have the scan of my passport  Shocked what can happen?
mai2mai

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:33:47 PM

Isn't it obvious that those potential scam/fail ICO give the users free token because they give the ICO free personal data to be sold, especially the ICO that ask lots of personal data for KYC/AML just for claim free token.

There's no panic, OP just try to inform to those who might use their real identity or main email/password when join free airdrop or bounty campaign.

Really? People do this? Give their pass or private key to get airdrop tokens?  Huh How do such people survive in this world Huh
But I've passed a couple of KYC for nice bounties...now they have the scan of my passport  Shocked what can happen?

Looks like you misunderstood, what i mean is people use same email/password when register to ICO's website and sometimes they also give their personal information for free tokens because the ICO says it's required by KYC.
Many people have concern whether the ICO could sell the data or not since ICO these days have bad reputation.

I thought the topic starter started conversation about "fake airdrops". But now we talk about KYC and personal data in general...don't get you. Of course 'fake' ICOs steal and sell data and this might be dangerous. Any reliable and serious team with a promising project would keep your data in safety place, cause they are not interested in selling them...
snowblack (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:40:49 AM

Looks like you misunderstood, what i mean is people use same email/password when register to ICO's website and sometimes they also give their personal information for free tokens because the ICO says it's required by KYC.
Many people have concern whether the ICO could sell the data or not since ICO these days have bad reputation.

I thought the topic starter started conversation about "fake airdrops". But now we talk about KYC and personal data in general...don't get you. Of course 'fake' ICOs steal and sell data and this might be dangerous. Any reliable and serious team with a promising project would keep your data in safety place, cause they are not interested in selling them...

I agreed with that problem: "KYC is not need for Airdrop because airdrop's award is small amount while Information in KYC is more much."
melscrypto

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:46:32 PM

I don't worry too much about fake airdrops... I have a separate email account for crypto stuff and just block addresses that spam me and unsubscribe from anything I don't remember signing up for. It might be a little extra work but I have made ~$1000 this year already from airdrops, so I think it's worth it. Of course, I'm not giving them private keys or anything.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

I don't worry too much about fake airdrops... I have a separate email account for crypto stuff and just block addresses that spam me and unsubscribe from anything I don't remember signing up for. It might be a little extra work but I have made ~$1000 this year already from airdrops, so I think it's worth it. Of course, I'm not giving them private keys or anything.

I did make some decent money from airdrops aswell , but most of them was scams , i did sold in right time some of them . Currently most sucesfull airdrop i guess is eBTC , they airdroped 2459 Tokens to participants and few months back price reached 1.40-1.50 per token lol Smiley
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:18:44 AM

Yes some of them also do fake KYC Checks to collect detail information data . they can sell it to big company or person that have their plan with that thing .
or possibilty they used it for their activity from our data.

for email i think its fine as long we put 2fa or with password with intense combination.
mesmerakyns

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:16:15 PM

To me.... Any new start-up that ask me for my personal data to get an airdrop is not worth it. I don't trust people with my personal details not to talk of new start-up just to receive an airdrop. Honestly! Most airdrops are not worth it because there token eventually becomes worthless.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:31:54 PM

Basically, it means that do not write your regular password in random airdrop webpages or if you want to participate than use random passwords.
syifa ulya

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:17:47 PM

We must always be careful about the gift of our email, password and the very important is MEW
@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:28:14 PM

Greedy people will easily fall because they will participate without searching the airdrop background system. By looking on what they think they can get high rewards then they in, into the particular airdrop.
JoBiLee

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:04:51 AM

A lot of scam airdrops nowadays. However, you can use fake emails and paswords and create one more wallet for airdrops only.
It won't take a lot of time.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:26:03 AM

I've also noticed it. I've joined so many airdrops in the past but, to all airdrops I've joined I only received about 10% out of 100%. It only means that the rest of airdrops didn't give me tokens or maybe a fake. In the left 90%, there is about 30% of airdrops I joined are the airdrops who didn't gave me tokens and the fake are about 50% and the 10% is I'm not so sure.
The bad thing is, I always used my main email to join airdrops in the past, which we should use dummy emails instead in order not to be a victim of frauds and hackers. BUT as long as our passwords are secured and still unknown to these hackers, there are still a possibility that our account might not be compromised. Just giving advice, don't give your personal information, keep being anonymous in Internet because Internet world is really is good in fooling people. Always think before you click.
China8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:46:15 AM

All is good until they start to ask for KYC, we are aware, at least I do believe many of us are aware of potential sales going specially on the deep web or even between companies. It's okay when they ask about your name and email as there are many providers out there that will enable you to use some temp mail service for free or simply you go there and open up a new one. Above all you also have websites such as https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/  that will help you to make up new identity if you don't feel creative that day. Thing is regarding KYC that first off you can't trust startup that much for keeping your conditionals safe and specially you can't trust them if they turn out to be the scam and your details end up stolen.

Helpful post. I will start using the name generator. We got to stay safe in the crypto world, too many sharks around.
artofwar

Activity: 142
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:16:13 AM

what if an airdrop without registering anything?
ipanda

Activity: 272
Merit: 102

Millionaire

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:16:13 AM

i have an email for registration and another real email. both use f2a through phone.
But when they require too many things not normal, consider leaving Cheesy .
fahad.khan

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:35:19 AM

Agreed ! You provide your E-mail and people usually use the same password for many accounts related to crypto, so it can help a hacker but I have a question.
What if I have 2FA security on my accounts which I have balance in ? I f hacker got access to my E-mail and password, can he move my assets ?
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:10:14 PM

I think airdrops are going to become bigger and bigger due to regulations on securities. We will probably see a major crackdown on ICO's this year.
 So avoiding it isn't a great idea imho. What I do with airdrops is use a throw-away email with a throw-away password if they want some kind of registration.

e.g. my pass might be TheTreesAreGreen1, then you keep an excel file and just increment the number on that password for each of them. At most they get access to my logins of other airdrops. The scrap email will ofc have some other junk password.
If they ask for social media I just skip it tbh.
EMS-007

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:21:26 PM

Indeed! Especially KYC were almost implemented by ICOs and applied even with Bounties and Airdrops nowadays exposing your real personal details with your Passport, Banking accounts and exact location with your proof of billing address in which most people fall for this Trap because of the so called GREED
croTek4

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:23:26 PM

If you give your private key in a form on an unknown website you deserve to be stolen from your ether. That's so dumb, i mean, anyone knows that the private key is... well, it's in the name. private
Also, you just need to stop using the same password everywhere. Unless you can enable 2FA, it's basically putting all the eggs in the same basket. ^^"
and for the email addresses... Just use an online e-mail generator, some of them work anywhere, they are for single-use and really useful when it comes to theses mass sign ups  Wink
BackBachvsUp
Copper Member

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:04:09 PM

i see a lot of KYC talking in here and yes, i say no to KYC for airdrops & bounty.
i stay away from ICO, even the legit ones, that requires KYC.

come on, don't give your private information to strangers just for a few bucks, don't be that stupid.
you'll never know where your information gonna end up.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:32:35 PM

You have to use common sense when joining airdrops.

Use email, BTC or eth address and other sensitive details only created for airdrop purposes.
Never download new wallet on your computer. First, you have to check the file with virus scanner like VirusTotal but this is not always enough so try to use an exchange address even if airdrop staff will tell you that you can't. I have heard that for so many times always used exchange addresses and every time got my airdrop.
If there is no exchange and you have to download wallet you are not sure of. Just don't join this airdrop there is plenty of others.
Use different but easy to remember passwords for this airdrops different from any other passwords you ever use.
Sell fast at ATH and don't think that this tokens will be worth something in the future. They don't and 90% of them will be gone in few months.

Don't let scammers win, they think that greed will win with common sense and that depends only on you. Just my 2 cents.
idekai

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:20:55 AM

Plus I don't think KYC is need for airdrops. KYC is more like big investors stuff. You know, banks won't let large money enter them without knowing where it came from.

It's not like they're asking for your email password. Maybe some of the airdrops required registration to their website or something.
And with some knowledge or whatever it is, they'll try to unlock your email password. Since they have the information about your email,
and the password you used for the web registration. Maybe they have the way to unlock your email password. Who knows?
We live in the world of technologies now. We just need to be careful about doing some activities that involve our information in it.
BitExalt
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:56:36 PM

Finally after some time, someone made this topic. I strongly agree. because there are many false airdrop. we must be observant and can sort it. this also applies to Bounty Hunter.
rajurathod18

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:30:56 PM

I started taking part in airdrops in December 2018 since than seen lot of scam and fake airdrops & seen peoples loosing their accounts for being greedy airdrops and loosing all their airdrop earning. Well i was not greedy still happy to see my account safe and participated in airdrops which were legit. Now a days i don't take part in airdrops coz airdrop sucks my last airdrop was nucleus vision when the day of distribution was near I inquired about my status and the reply of the team was we don't find your data in our system, i was like what!!!! I was shocked coz I had confirmation mail of my entries for airdrop participation. Now a days 1/100 airdrops are only good in terms of values else each and every airdrop is worth of 1$ to 5$ and requires KYC.
What do you think guys is it worth to submit our data in terms of KYC for 1 to 5$ airdrop?HuhHuh
boled

Activity: 590
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:10:29 PM

I really appreciate you, thank you for reminding us all, to be careful in following the airdrop and bounty, especially in accessing and pasting the wallet address. it is true, that many crimes in airdrop and bounty world, but actually, there is or no airdrop and bounty, evil in cyberspace already exist, even much longer, so this is actually true for all activities within the beinternet.
sky9314

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:04:07 AM

So is it worthwhile for us to participate in airdrops? I'm mainly involved in the bounty because I think that bountys are more credible than airdrops. Although bounty activities are also full of scams, airdrops are almost always air projects that do not have any value.
Of course, there are a handful of good coins in airdrops, such as Semux and ACC are the only two exceptions and they are really good.
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 07:11:52 PM

A separate email for your airdrops and a different password for every site that your gonna join is a good way to protect your account from hackers.. just use the "remember me" option for passwords or just use the password recovery system..and the private key hacking they usually target newbies,hope that no one falls for that anymore. Always remeber the golden rule for your crypto wallet NEVER SEND your private key to anyone even if they promise you millions of token in returns.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:05:49 PM

Although bounty activities are also full of scams, airdrops are almost always air projects that do not have any value.
Of course, there are a handful of good coins in airdrops, such as Semux and ACC are the only two exceptions and they are really good.

Seems like you have earned quite a lot with the way you special mention those coins above. I haven't earned that much and never really into Airdrops, joined a few and luckily earn just a couple from a single coin. While the others turn out into nothing but trash. I don't join bounties as the "Stake" term confuses me.
Ironman07

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:22:25 AM

Yes.This is a good infor for anyone, Too many ICO with KYC to get you id card and you selfie image,It very serious
ascakan

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:38:17 AM

i my country also big telecomities companies selling our data to lots of irrevelent companies by illegally also as facebook did last month. so i have no fear to being expossed with my identity cuz i never do illegaly things also so only they can send me junk mail which i accept to read while in wc so its win win for me.

i cant understand whats the worse sdcenerio you all fear to share ID ? junks ? ignoring is bless. If you thing they can get your bank account its secured by goverments also so whats the real problem here ?
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:19:54 PM

You should be the first dumb in the universe to provide your private key to anyone, especially for airdrop. If you dont care about security, you deserve to be hacked. And that´s all, there is no connection between airdrops and if you are stupid as f*ck.
dimitriaustralia

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 06:00:57 PM

99% of all the bitcoin is owned by 1% of all the users.

Bitcoin is an improvement to the monetary system only in efficiency. The main issue of the previous fiat currencies is more abundant in Bitcoin which is the concentration of the elites wealth making all other users slaves for the system.
Fair distribution and manipulation proof are the most important elements needed.

www.bitcoinb.io
subitlist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:10:07 PM

that is make any sense..somebody could use our information to make something bad.
i used to toined many airdrop blind the eye to see..
i prefer not to join many airdrop anymore, just select some trusted airdrop only.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:42:48 AM

Most of the airdrop only requires wallet address. Your just so dumb if you include your private keys and other details from yoir personal accounts. Always make sure your not sharing important parts of your informations.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: