Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:49:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sportsbetting  (Read 2336 times)
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:45:17 AM

As they say, always bet against the public, sometimes it work but you cannot use this strategy all the time as you will still loss  in the long run.
Thats not always true. What will be the outcome of the game can be predicted by analysis but in the end it will only depend on your luck.
Betting against the public does not mean you will win every time but you have a big chance to win especially if you are not greedy
and you know how to do the proper bankroll management. I use this strategy before but since I am not a heavy gambler, I still seek for the enjoyment
and using this method does not give any excitement anymore as you cannot use your analysis.

Sure we can't always win with any strategies we have. But it seems make sense to bet against the public since we know that in the long run most gamblers will have bad portfolio. I didn't try it yet but it gives me an inspiration.

btctalk4life

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

As they say, always bet against the public, sometimes it work but you cannot use this strategy all the time as you will still loss  in the long run.
Thats not always true. What will be the outcome of the game can be predicted by analysis but in the end it will only depend on your luck.
Betting against the public does not mean you will win every time but you have a big chance to win especially if you are not greedy
and you know how to do the proper bankroll management. I use this strategy before but since I am not a heavy gambler, I still seek for the enjoyment
and using this method does not give any excitement anymore as you cannot use your analysis.

Sure we can't always win with any strategies we have. But it seems make sense to bet against the public since we know that in the long run most gamblers will have bad portfolio. I didn't try it yet but it gives me an inspiration.
I think bet against the public is a good strategy when the league just start, like the first-second week. For example is Man united on premier league, they lose against a team that have more odds.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:27:17 AM

If looking at this activity as source of enjoyment and not for heavy gambling, better to switch strategy and find your comfortable style, making it more enjoyable when you are winning and gaining some money while satisfying your lust playing the game, I guess not everyone are aiming really for money
but also for the sake of entertaining and having a good past time.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:51:17 AM

Sportsbetting at least have a shot at using your knowledge and wisdom in some way. It is still a risk and that is why you are rewarded for taking that risk but considering all of other gambling games are purely luck based (aside from poker and some similar stuff) there is literally no game you use your knowledge as much as you use it on sportsbetting.
You need to know the teams you bet and you need to know the players and the pitch and many other details about the game you play and in the end you are more in luck than not.

It is much more easier to bet and achieve a win on sports betting if you could know the team players of both teams well in soccer matches, it is also very important to get vital information if any of these teams are missing their key players or key strikers in their upcoming match, as it would definitely affect the team usual performance without their key player playing.
yes and that is the reason that we think about sports gambling where we can use our previous experience, study and analysis. In sports gambling it is important that we must have good knowledge about the team and their players performance, their weak and strong points.
Luck still has some factor to play in sports betting. Just like someone posted his recent sport bet, he sure gambled it all by calling some teams he has no clue about in the basketball world and still ended up winning anyway. Sometimes, you may even do the research and still end up losing.

As long as you are predicting an outcome that you have no clue about asides to just speculate and assume what could be the outcome, you are still going to have to be subject to luck.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:05:05 AM

- Are you believe in lucky in terms of sports betting or you believe to the ability of the players?
Sportsbetting is an example of a gambling game that you have data that you can analyze. You can research the teams and see who's more likely to win. It's even better if you're already a fan of such game. You are already familiar to the teams and you have already seen how they play. There are also prediction threads out there that you might be able to rely on. Tons of discussions on reddit as well about the teams and the upcoming matches on different types of sports.

On the other hand, this can actually be a bad thing. This type of game gives you the illusion that you are in control of the situation. You're thinking that if you do due research, if you looked at different prediction threads and they obviously say the same thing, then you can win. But anything can happen at any given moment since the actual battle has to happen in real life and it's not just about statistics. The team that you bet on might have a team member that gets sick at the day of the battle or the other team simply gets lucky. Thus, relying on the ability of the players might not be 100% the safe way to go.

Results in gambling are totally unpredictable and because of that, humans tend to try and gain control over it which is an illusion sportsbetting offers. So when it boils down to it, gambling in general (even sportsbetting) might actually be just 100% luck.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:53:46 AM

yes and that is the reason that we think about sports gambling where we can use our previous experience, study and analysis. In sports gambling it is important that we must have good knowledge about the team and their players performance, their weak and strong points.
I think this has been said numerous times and people do it meticulously as well. Those who look at the big sharks and think sitting in the sidelines that they are getting lucky, it also their hard work on analysis of the game. Although luck is also important in sport betting. Because if you are having bad day your best bets might even become losses. Which match is fixed and which is not is also something not told everybody. Even the tipsters dont know it - they make calculated guesses.

But those guess are backed by their analysis data.
To some extent you are right with the analysis part in sports betting, but most especially in soccer, there are some few times analysis has failed me which makes me just believe that it is still a game of luck anyway.

Every future outcome is always going to be unpredictable and even if you end up right, you should just consider yourself lucky. I see those analyses as just some guidelines to at least be on what you think could be the right track, but outcomes of a game can change for so many reasons.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:43:25 PM

I think this has been said numerous times and people do it meticulously as well. Those who look at the big sharks and think sitting in the sidelines that they are getting lucky, it also their hard work on analysis of the game. Although luck is also important in sport betting. Because if you are having bad day your best bets might even become losses. Which match is fixed and which is not is also something not told everybody. Even the tipsters dont know it - they make calculated guesses.

To some extent you are right with the analysis part in sports betting, but most especially in soccer, there are some few times analysis has failed me which makes me just believe that it is still a game of luck anyway.

Every future outcome is always going to be unpredictable and even if you end up right, you should just consider yourself lucky. I see those analyses as just some guidelines to at least be on what you think could be the right track, but outcomes of a game can change for so many reasons.

you have the point there mate. Although I don't bet on soccer games, I see that it is really hard to predict the game as it is really hard to get even one goal. Compared to basketball where if the team has many skilled shooters, defenders, and rebounders, you can most certainly tell that that team will going to have more chances of winning versus the other team.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:10:23 PM

you have the point there mate. Although I don't bet on soccer games, I see that it is really hard to predict the game as it is really hard to get even one goal. Compared to basketball where if the team has many skilled shooters, defenders, and rebounders, you can most certainly tell that that team will going to have more chances of winning versus the other team.

Frankly, if only predicting what team will win a match, it'll be easy. But there are odds in sports betting that for sure will give us a small profit for predicting such market. Sports betting is the same as other types of gambling. It's hard to win especially in the long run.

Sanitough

Activity: 2842
Merit: 673

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:28:17 AM

Frankly, if only predicting what team will win a match, it'll be easy. But there are odds in sports betting that for sure will give us a small profit for predicting such market. Sports betting is the same as other types of gambling. It's hard to win especially in the long run.
But there is no house edge in sports betting and although it's hard to win in the long run but there is a possibility to win.
What do you called the people who are making a living in sports, they constantly win because they are smart and they consider sports betting as a long term business.
btctalk4life

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:21:35 AM

But there is no house edge in sports betting and although it's hard to win in the long run but there is a possibility to win.
What do you called the people who are making a living in sports, they constantly win because they are smart and they consider sports betting as a long term business.
People who are making a living from sports betting is good at bankroll management and consistency on his unit bet. It's not easy though make a living from gambling.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:08:52 AM

People who are making a living from sports betting is good at bankroll management and consistency on his unit bet. It's not easy though make a living from gambling.

I cannot imagine, how the gambler can make a living from gambling as we know that for winning in the gambling games, it is too difficult but I believe that there is a person that can do this but he doesn't want to show his self. it is better if we can get a job and use the small money to playing gambling and we can have a good knowledge about the sport so we can have a good chance to win the games and get the money.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1301

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:58:59 AM

There is no typical house edge in sports betting but the bookies do have Moneylines and so on such that they do have an advantage over the gambler. Again in the long run in EV+ games its either profitable or not does not depend on how long you are playing but again the luck factor comes in. Your technical anaylsis does work but if luck is not on your side then its as bad a EV- game.

You are wrong. They dont win constantly. If you are following tipstars they will only show you their winning bets because they want you to join as their ref so they can make some commissions. That how it works. Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:16:58 PM

In parlay we can able to get much higher profit if all your bet will win but its too hard to predict which team will win,
By betting in straight bet would give you lower or equal of the amount you bet if the team you bet will win.
But still i love doing parlay than straight bet.

verguat33

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:30:08 AM

Mostly people look the overall performance of a team and the opposite team and they bet on it. for example if there is a cricket match of Australia and Bangladesh I would never bet on Bangladesh. My favorite team would always be Australia, and the rest would also think the same. The game is difficult when the teams are of the same category and you cannot decide which one would win the game.
reactorjuno

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:53:24 PM

There is no typical house edge in sports betting but the bookies do have Moneylines and so on such that they do have an advantage over the gambler. Again in the long run in EV+ games its either profitable or not does not depend on how long you are playing but again the luck factor comes in. Your technical anaylsis does work but if luck is not on your side then its as bad a EV- game.

You are wrong. They dont win constantly. If you are following tipstars they will only show you their winning bets because they want you to join as their ref so they can make some commissions. That how it works. Cheesy
Pretty simple, there are people who win at sports betting, but these people don't share their tips publicly, why would you share a winning strategy?  Did Coca Colar share their recipe?

In financial trading, you see plenty of videos on how to make money, but you never see anyone sharing all the trades he places, why he places, how he decides his trades, etc. That's common sense. Twitter is full of attention seekers who go through short term success. One of the rare guys I trust is Steve from Daily25 but he does not share his tips, he shares his journey and his vision of sports betting (he is a real professional, I recommend to follow his blog).
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:39:44 AM

Pretty simple, there are people who win at sports betting, but these people don't share their tips publicly, why would you share a winning strategy?  Did Coca Colar share their recipe?

In financial trading, you see plenty of videos on how to make money, but you never see anyone sharing all the trades he places, why he places, how he decides his trades, etc. That's common sense. Twitter is full of attention seekers who go through short term success. One of the rare guys I trust is Steve from Daily25 but he does not share his tips, he shares his journey and his vision of sports betting (he is a real professional, I recommend to follow his blog).

You got a good point there.
For new to sportsbetting, gambling, or trading, better master the most basic strategies and then customize it as to where you are comfortable with and where you are profitable.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:11:02 PM

For new to sportsbetting, gambling, or trading, better master the most basic strategies and then customize it as to where you are comfortable with and where you are profitable.

To add to this , sports betting is quite simple if not the simplest of all gambling so you can learn  and practice new strategies almost everyday with loads of games around the world and keeping to the basics and i agree you can be successful as a beginner with time.
jestbenen8

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:26:58 AM

To add to this , sports betting is quite simple if not the simplest of all gambling so you can learn  and practice new strategies almost everyday with loads of games around the world and keeping to the basics and i agree you can be successful as a beginner with time.
Most of the regular sports betters are bookies that make consistent winning. Ordinary better cannot make money every time. It is also gambling and it is not possible that you will win the bet all the time. Your opponent is also there for winning and if win all the time it means that he is losing all the time. Therefore I don’t think that anyone can win the every bet in sports betting.
feelivent

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:50:28 AM
Merited by naidray (1)

Sports betting is easy than every gambling online and offline. In most sports betting no experience and skills required. You just select your favorite team and bet on it. if your team wins you will get the money, if your team loses you will also lose the bet. I often put money in sports betting because I have no experience of other gambling's and I don’t want to lose my money.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:38:15 AM

Sports betting is easy than every gambling online and offline. In most sports betting no experience and skills required. You just select your favorite team and bet on it. if your team wins you will get the money, if your team loses you will also lose the bet. I often put money in sports betting because I have no experience of other gambling's and I don’t want to lose my money.
Sports betting is not actually that easy as you have mentioned as there are so many things you will always need to put into consideration asides luck when it comes to betting on sports, with the most of it being your familiarity with that sports environment and how much you know to be able to analyze and know the possibility of winnings and so on based on team or opponents.

Many people take sport betting just like normal gambling but there is more to it than that. All the same, at the end, it still all balls down to luck, because whichever way, depending solely on what you know sometimes and not facing reality that everything is still all about luck, can end up backfiring.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: