Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Think Of The Longevity Of Crypto Jobs?  (Read 193 times)
XanTheMadAussie (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:10:46 PM

I've been considering slowly spending my time getting into the professional side of crypto, rather than the fun side. I am a swing trader, a bot using aficionado, and a side fun-time discord administrator in a crypto community. I've recently considered looking into part-time crypto related jobs, particularly in the community manager side of things.

I have noticed that there are a lot of new coins coming out looking for community managers, and I was just wondering what you all thought of all the new jobs coming out in the crypto-sphere. Do you think this is sustainable in the long-term? Would love to be more involved in this, slowly start to supplement my income through sidestream income from crypto, until I find it replacing my 9-5 job completely.

Really curious about all of your thoughts.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

As much as crypto is a growing industry, I would think long and hard about getting a 9-5 type job in crypto.

We still don't really have any idea what crypto will be like 10-20 years from now, making it inherently risky. I'm very positive towards crypto, and see slow public acceptance, but absolutely no one knows what will happen, and much of it depends on regulatory agencies, which we have no control over.

Also, make sure the people you are working with are reputable. There are so many ICOs nowadays with shady owners looking to make a quick buck.

Think about how working in crypto will look on your resume. If you're not already working in something like marketing/communications (since you said you're interested in being a community manager), or on the dev side, then this could leave a pretty large time gap on your resume if you decide that you no longer want to work in crypto.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
XanTheMadAussie (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:27:03 PM

MV7, I share a lot of your sentiments!
Luckily, sales, marketing and customer services is the bulk of my employment experience. I am optimistically hopeful about the future of crypto, and I am wondering if "the early bird catches the worm" with a lot of these jobs.

I am no stranger to the ICO process, and have been into crypto for a while, but more on the buying and selling side of things. I've invested in a few ICOs, all of them have made me money before I jettisoned, but there definitely are a lot of shady characters around waiting to prey on unsuspecting individuals!
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:30:37 PM

I've been thinking along this line recently too. And as someone remarked, crypto business is still very young and relatively risky. I'm thinking of entering it actually but along the developer line. I'm not too cool with the community management side.
Either way, I wouldn't recommend doing away with your regular job just yet. Crypto jobs can come I'm as a side job. Maybe as it evolves and becomes more mainstream, we can think about changing jobs.

fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:37:50 PM

Crypto Jobs would be probably be active for several years since it is the new trend of project fund raising. Many more companies will indulge in ICO thereby increasing the demand for advertisers and other crypto jobs. So i guess there's gonna be an increasing bunch of jobs for all crypto enthusiasts.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:43:29 PM

Currently crypto is moving but do not forget that this blockchain technology is still in the infant stages, though getting aquintated with some skills in it ain't bad. I won't suggest doing away with the job you have currently but the developer side of the  technology will really come into handy in the future if it stands the test of time. If you have a job keep it and combine the two. Let's all play it safe and don't gamble at the moment.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:50:44 PM

IMO, crypto world offer many opportunities for people to earn some money and thanks for this forum , it's create a lot of chance !
Nobody still aware of this so I can maximize my earnings from it.
Since bitcoin value still consider high, I can say that bitcoin will keep exist over next 5 years !

Smiley
D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:55:47 PM

I think the current vacancy of a job might be not a long-term one but the key thing is connections - they'll call you again and again for a new coins' manager vacancy.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

The work in the crypto market is unstable, they only develop in a short time, after the crypto market is popular, every bitcoin-making activity on the bitcointalk forum and the investment in the altcoin will become more difficult. So if you have a chance, grab them, do not miss them.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:14:16 PM

It really depends on the projects you choose. But let's say it was a firm project with a good development team, healthy environment/community, and bright prospect/future.

Now, everything depends on whether the crypto world will still exist in a long term. Well, I don't know about Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo or any other token out there, because it depends on the technology, critical mass of people for adoption, will of the Governments etc...., but I do believe that blockchain (in it's current or evolved form) will exist in the future. Blockchain already proved it's strength and usability. Crypto coins and tokens have yet to arrive there.

If you are asking whether you can make a career out of it - then why not? Even if you become a marketing expert working on, say, Ethereum chain, you can make your name and move on to other projects later. Build, learn, adapt, evolve, work, work, work and you should get there. Just make yourself a good plan and cost/benefit analysis (income vs. daily hours spent).

ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

I definitely agree that it would be important on which projects you choose to work for.  Some projects might have a long term need and sustainable growth for you, which I am sure is important.  Others could be just like coins themselves, up and down and done in a short time.  I do think it would be nice to be able to get away from the standard 9-5 to go to work for something you really enjoy.  I wish you luck in your endeavors!
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:29:59 PM

I don't really know how the space will evolve, I know some people are making some decent income through community management and campagin managers but I won't advice you to leave your day job permanently for now, start and grow into the new role and see if it worth leaving for
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:08:42 PM

as far with chance on decision as expending use with unit of assessment,
that investors to follows excess with the surfeit of returns with the sustains of work on exhibition from the real factors
to gains as the dependence with the beginning initials on possessing use of resource on exchange.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
DanWalker

Activity: 1946
Merit: 547

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:24:57 PM

This is a difficult question. I also had to make this choice and I chose crypto. Now I understand that this was the best decision in my life. If you don't succeed in realizing yourself in crypto, you can return to your previous job. But I doubt that you will have to do this.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███