Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little help on solo mining please  (Read 100 times)
cryptogigant (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:54:15 PM

Hi guys,

Did some research but found a lot of contradicting information so i thought lets ask the experts.

Been mining on a pool since 2014 or so and just recently started my own pool for personal use (to connect only my miners) to.

My setup:

VPS with  1024MB Ram, 50GB SSD and Ubuntu Server 14.04 x64.
Litecoin Daemon
Unomp for the pool.
6x L3+ (3GH/S +-)

Ive been following this guide: https://blockgen.net/setup-your-own-mining-pool/ i got it all working but got some general questions since its my first time mining:

0. I feel i have a very low difficulty set for my L3+ as i am getting:  842427 valid shares and just 1982 invalid shares or is this normal/good? Diff:32 - vardiff: mindiff: 8 - maxdiff: 512. (These shares are for just 1x L3+ with a 600mh/s hashrate),

1. The litecoin address i had to generate and the block rewards gets sent to right? How do we get this address for instance in our ledger wallet or exodus, is there a method to extract the private key from it?

2. How to confirm everything is (still) working? If the miner is active in the frontend your good? Or Is there a command or a log file we need to keep checking?

3. I tested the server with 1x L3 (504MH/S) and its getting a lot of valid shares (88699) and very little invalid shares (35), this is good? Or should i/we change something, if so in what file/setting?

4. In the frontend there is this key thing: <yourvpsip>/key.html (Is it better to remove this or no harm?)

5. I see many pools running their stratum url on port: 3333 for Litecoin, does it matter i use 3032?

6. After running init.js in putty and then doing: <sudo forever start init.js,> i close putty but how can we make sure everything is still running smoothly because when you go back to putty and run init.js again it gives errors, is this because init.js is already running by forever? This question belongs to #2 really, is there a command that poops out: "everything is running good, you might get lucky today?" aka: "Status".

7. Can we use the same payout address for each worker or does each worker needs its own payment address? And can we leave password blank? (Lets say you got 6x miners and want to connect all of them to the pool but getting 6 different wallets (payment addresses) is not very efficient ).

8. Can we disable the payments for each miner so only the pool operator gets the block reward? Easy setting? If so in what file?

9. Should we install POSIX? It always says "POSIX Not Installed" or no problem without it?

Thank you guys for reading and hope to learn a thing or two Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: