Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:47:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out! Hacker  (Read 329 times)
buternasek (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:35:49 PM

the latest research results from security company McAfee revealed a group of hackers Lazarus began targeting bitcoin owners to hack, mentioned McAfee, Lazarus reportedly trying to steal bitcoin through a campaign called HaoBao. bitcoin theft tactics in this way has never been done before.
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:15:09 PM

The HaoBao I know just sells chinese food. Looks like the name's being used more on the bad side now. Sad But yeah, you gotta be aware and careful nowadays with crypto. I'm curious about how are they stealing coins from users. If they can't hack their wallets, it would more likely phishing, which may be a more effective way for them if the user isn't that aware of their scheme.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:23:51 PM

There are always new types of hack, phishing, virus and malware coming up. People really have to be careful and stay alert.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:16:14 PM

There are always new types of hack, phishing, virus and malware coming up. People really have to be careful and stay alert.
Use a hardware wallet, know who you are paying and why, use escrow online and if it's too good to be true then it most likely is.
This, I wouldn't trust an online wallet, or an exchange wallet for a moment. Never put your security in anybody else's hands, always protect yourself and your hard earned money. All I can say is I wish these leeches would wake up one day and see the damage they do, and then learn to become normal people.

ThePunisher49X

Activity: 340
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:22:01 PM

McAfee was the leading company for deterring hacking and viruses from getting on their customer computers with their security suite and antivirus programs.
So you think he would have the upper hand on these hackers who are still stating they are able to hack into people's accounts to steal their cryptocurrency.
But if what this Lazarus is saying is true then everybody should be warned because their company would know how to do it. Since their programs were indebted in protecting peoples computer from such malicious attacks in the past.
conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:31:44 PM

this was not new hackers always finds a new way to hack people where ever it is. Just be careful for all the things you click and making sure the wallet it protected.

ThePunisher49X

Activity: 340
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:33:18 PM

this was not new hackers always finds a new way to hack people where ever it is. Just be careful for all the things you click and making sure the wallet it protected.
Or you can just get a hardware wallet and take yourself out of the loop of these type of hack attempts in the first place.
The new Trezor looks like a good one with upgraded security features available. Cool
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:34:58 PM

yeah I think hackers are the biggest threat we have to watch out for, they do everything, and I start to feel anxious when trading. because they can appear at any time.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

It is impossible to protect yourself from hackers by 100 %. They're constantly coming up with new hacking techniques. Our life on the contrary every year becomes more dependent on the Internet. Hackers will always look for moves in our security system. With the growing popularity of crypto-currencies, hackers gained access to the money that is in many computers. They will never give up the opportunity to receive them.
royalbittinz

Activity: 382
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:50:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up notice. It's sad because newbies that are not aware will be hard hit. Besides that, one just need to be very careful with site we visit and also take keen note of the site security level so that when you mistype the url and you suspect any unsual activities, you should just get out as fast as you can. Thanks
MakLampir

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:11:54 PM

It is impossible to protect yourself from hackers by 100 %. They're constantly coming up with new hacking techniques. Our life on the contrary every year becomes more dependent on the Internet. Hackers will always look for moves in our security system. With the growing popularity of crypto-currencies, hackers gained access to the money that is in many computers. They will never give up the opportunity to receive them.
hackers and the Internet will not be separated, and it is true that hackers will do everything they can to make a profit for themselves.
no system is really safe.
Diabolikkk

Activity: 36
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:21:19 PM

the latest research results from security company McAfee revealed a group of hackers Lazarus began targeting bitcoin owners to hack, mentioned McAfee, Lazarus reportedly trying to steal bitcoin through a campaign called HaoBao. bitcoin theft tactics in this way has never been done before.
Thanks for advising us!  Smiley
renggileh

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:48:18 PM

Thanks for advising us!  Smiley
at this time I feel if crypto trading is not safe anymore, in addition to losses arise another problem that is hacker. and I feel a little anxious.
is there a solution to anticipate that our wallet protected from pishing hackers?
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:51:59 PM

As long as you don't show off with your Bitcoin, as you don't visit crappy websites with malware and have a decent anti-virus, you should be ok against hackers.
Sometimes staying low profile is the best protection. Don't brag about your Bitcoin.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:55:00 PM

Well , targeting Bitcoin owners is nothing new , but what might be new is the last part your mentioned "  tactics in this way has never been done before " . Now if this really true , then what kind of tactics we are up against ? , My words pointing to McAfee , you can not just clam something and leave it for people to guess . If you discovered something new then announce it .
Ragnartron

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:41:36 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they stole those 500 millions of dollars in crypto recently.
They are skilled and dangerous in their own way. Well organized too.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:05:14 PM

I really wonder how Lazarus could be able to steal btcs through HaoBao (which is as far as i know is a Chinese restaurant franchising) campaigns. I don't see any correlation between crypto and a restaurant. Huh

Anyway, I'm not bothered in this news at all because according to what I've understand, you may only get victimized if you are engaged with that Haobao campaign. Since I'm not engaged with it, I always assure that nobody knows the passwords and usernames of my accounts, and avoid entering malicious websites with "free bitcoin" concept then I can confidently say that I'm secured. But I stay alert, because I'm not removing the fact that there's no 100% safe.
Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:42:04 PM

As long as you don't show off with your Bitcoin, as you don't visit crappy websites with malware and have a decent anti-virus, you should be ok against hackers.
Sometimes staying low profile is the best protection. Don't brag about your Bitcoin.

yes I strongly agree because hackers also will not hack someone randomly, it's all also because of ourselves too, if we are too cocky about ourselves and btc of course it will lure people who are not responsible for committing crimes against us.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Whibu

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:23:18 PM

Everyone has bitcoin to be more careful to avoid the theft of bitcoin, it would be very sad for us what if our bitcoin is successfully stolen, if our bitcoin in large quantities better we keep it in the physical wallet, let me be more secure.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:38:41 PM

I am angry with hackers! They steal the money and coins from others. They don't know how that coins they stole important to everyone and they did not care if someone lose their money. As long as they are alive, alive in a way that their needs and wants supported by means of stealing from someone else.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: