Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnC news  (Read 18003 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:31:28 PM

FWIW.

I sent the following email message to kncminer:

Hello,

I would like to purchase upgrade modules for my Mercury.  Is this currently possible?

thanks,
Dave

KNC Reply:

Hi,

We are still discussing the sale of upgrade modules, but we are not able to offer this at the moment.

As soon as the decisions and details have been finalized we will update our website with any news.

Thanks
Emilia

The problem is the longer they take to decide will not have any bearing on what the cost is when they finally do decide.

I have a Saturn, if I can't buy 2 more modules at a reasonable price soon, then KNC is not an option for me anymore

I brought this up the other day.

In essence, the hosting has to be resolved fully first.

Once that is complete. A stock count can be made and then additional boars can be sold as upgrade boards.

Originally the upgrade boards were to be sold in November.

That may well be the case, but they are being sold, as some people bought Mercuries, and Saturns on the premise of purchasing upgrades at a later date. In any case, it's not been forgotten...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:36:20 PM

FWIW.

Hello,

I would like to purchase upgrade modules for my Mercury.  Is this currently possible?

thanks,
Dave

KNC Reply:

Hi,

We are still discussing the sale of upgrade modules, but we are not able to offer this at the moment.

As soon as the decisions and details have been finalized we will update our website with any news.

Thanks
Emilia

The problem is the longer they take to decide will not have any bearing on what the cost is when they finally do decide.

I have a Saturn, if I can't buy 2 more modules at a reasonable price soon, then KNC is not an option for me anymore

Once that is complete. A stock count can be made and then additional boars can be sold as upgrade boards.

That may well be the case, but they are being sold, as some people bought Mercuries, and Saturns on the premise of purchasing upgrades at a later date. In any case, it's not been forgotten...

So you are in fact still involved with KNC?
Just not as vocal as you used to be a month ago on these forums. Turned the KNC way - the less communication, the better.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:41:13 PM

FWIW.

Hello,

thanks,
Dave

KNC Reply:

Hi,

Thanks
Emilia

So you are in fact still involved with KNC?
Just not as vocal as you used to be a month ago on these forums. Turned the KNC way - the less communication, the better.

What?!

No like everyone else i've been working my ass off. On top of which i've been to three different countries.

I've spoken to plenty through PM.

I might add for everything i've done in the past I have gained the princely sum of just over 1BTC in tips, aside Bargraphics who was generous enough to drop 1 BTC. So cheers.

Also, and it's nothing personal to you, you aren't one, but i'm not engaging with the trolls that now leap on me every-time i engage with any convo on this forum, so please don't make assumptions...

CYPER

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:04:24 PM

No like everyone else i've been working my ass off. On top of which i've been to three different countries.
KNC related work I assume?

I am not in the "plenty" group then  Roll Eyes

I might add for everything i've done in the past I have gained the princely sum of just over 1BTC in tips, aside Bargraphics who was generous enough to drop 1 BTC. So cheers.
I see you mentioning this for a 2nd time, which puzzles me. It sounds like: you haven't donated anything to me, so that is why you deserve less from my attention  Huh

Also, and it's nothing personal to you, you aren't one, but i'm not engaging with the trolls that now leap on me every-time i engage with any convo on this forum, so please don't make assumptions...

I try to stay calm at the moment, but it is very difficult considering the way KNC support is doing its job.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:39:21 PM

I am not in the "plenty" group then  Roll Eyes

I see you mentioning this for a 2nd time, which puzzles me. It sounds like: you haven't donated anything to me, so that is why you deserve less from my attention  Huh

I try to stay calm at the moment, but it is very difficult considering the way KNC support is doing its job.

Can we PLEEEEEASE keep the whining in the other thread so this one can contain mostly news/info instead of pointless arguing with Bitcoinorama?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:07:58 PM

The majority has been for sure yes, for the last week I have had plenty to catch up from loose ends and other work that's not KnC related that have been neglected in the interim. In any case no one has stopped pulling late nights to resolve issues, and multiple have cropped up along the way. Murphy has remained omnipresent, but all in all the work ethic here has been stella. With all due respect, I'm not about to get in a slanging match.

I am not in the "plenty" group then  Roll Eyes

Cypher you sent me a few wordy emails at a time when things became very busy, do not take it personally, I've helped you in the past, and tried to help you then, but have you any idea how much more active my PMs have become subsequent. People keep using me as a route to customer services, which I'm not. I try to help people because I'm kind, and good natured. Note: 'kind', not to be mistaken with 'nice', people abuse that. Not saying you are one of them, but your messages are now under a mountain of others, and I feel I have done more than enough favours unrewarded to be fair. Just being honest, I'm not asking for anything, my time is limited now, and I have been doing a lot more unaknowledged work in ensuring everyone gets a what they want. Nico's (Jelin1984) miner was one I repaired and he should now be v.happy. There have been multiple others, on top of a plethora of other things I have been doing behind the scenes. Most here have had multiple roles subsequent as others take priority over fixing issues that are greater cause for concern as, and when.

I see you mentioning this for a 2nd time, which puzzles me. It sounds like: you haven't donated anything to me, so that is why you deserve less from my attention  Huh

Nope never said that. You're putting words in my mouth. As I said before please don't mistake kindness, for niceness. I'm not customer services, they have people for that. But after everything I have done, people are either demanding, or nasty, some have been ultra cool, but for my time is worth, a handful have tipped me a few beers, that's it's, in total, aside Bargraphics 1BTC, it's pretty sad isn't it thinking about it? yet now many demand attention through PMs. I've never asked for anything, I'm not greedy, but there's only so much time in the day. Honestly, and to say I'm a little miffed at how a lot of this forum has treated me is an understatement.

As I said before, personally all things considered, no bias, I've been amazed at how they have coped. Murphy, and 'competitors' have thrown as much shit as they could to see what sticks, and the guys (and girls) at KnC have risen above it, rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. I think shipping is now complete I believe. This is still nuts, they've taken a huge risk raising funds, risked their credibility to deliver on millions of non-recurring engineering costs with a bleeding edge tech of a typical 24month R&D phase and produced it in a little over 4 months. That's the fastest 28nm concept to manufacture, ever, in any industry. Sure there has been some smoothing out, and yes it delayed them completing shipping by two weeks. Note a real two weeks, but as I predicted prior your 'closest' competition appeared to be hiding truths from you all along. There's a comfortable amount of competition free mining time ahead whilst they are delayed, on top of which Avalon never delivered the hashrate they promised, so there is in fact less competition currently to boot. All along I have been insulted, abused, and a caused of lying for pointing out and reasoning honest common sense advice as I saw it.

KnC have more customer service staff starting over the next week, or two and can concentrate on being more active on their forum, but the focus currently always has been delivery of physical products, and firmware that has the devices performing stable at promised spec, which remember for the most part was between 250, and 400 Gh/s for Jupiter. Bare in mind their CS staff have to be fluent in multiple languages, as well as an understanding of Bitcoin, and have to learn the CRM software quick. The staff here are superb, and it would make their lives a hell of a lot easier if people took the time to do simple searches to simple problems and allow them to deal with those that genuinely require assistance. I've actually gone through a lot of the returned equipment at points personally, and there is little wrong with it. Many boards genuinely just needed a firmware patch and to enable cores. There's quite a few bricked beagle ones coming back because people are listening to bad advice about how to upgrade CGMiner and are deleting root files. Some a sending back full Jupiters with working hashing modules as opposed to firing up each one individually and pre determining which module is poor, if one exists.

No ones claiming to be perfect, extreme speed to market, and extreme perfection was never an option, thats's why margins existed. Perfection will come as the product and the issues become more recognised by KnC as well as customers, otherwise you can wait the standard 18-24 months it takes for product refinement at this die shrink. You were one of the last to order from the October batch, you product will arrive tomo possibly, you have a superb firmware that's now stable, and a lot less competition than expected for the foreseeable future.

Tehfriend, noted...

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

Can we PLEEEEEASE keep the whining in the other thread so this one can contain mostly news/info instead of pointless arguing with Bitcoinorama?

Amen to this. This thread is a vacation from the other one.
Tehfiend

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:15:53 PM

(GIANT WALL'O TEXT)

Tehfriend, noted...

LMAO! I'm on your side Bitcoinorama since you're almost always calm and rational in your posts but please please just ignore anything the trolls post here. I've even gone back to delete some of my off topic posts here and hate posting these 2 "off-topic" posts today...
btc_uzr (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:54:22 PM

(...)
so I'm going to move this into a new self-moderated thread the next time,
it was in some way kind of an experiment I admit: 'let it flow'
(...)

k, guess the experiment is over now, will create a self moderated topic
(but not this evening - I'm tired)

@Tehfiend
thx for your effort to keep it on topic

@Bitcoinorama
hope you get me right, I'm still thankful for all your contributions and efforts, I'm not against you - this is just the wrong place for discussions
you are not the first one and will not be the last one posting off topic in here

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:43:31 AM

WHEN WILL THE NEXT GEN UNITS BE OUT?!?!?

I DONT WANT TO GET THE JUPUTER!

I WANT SOMETHING MORE POWERFUL THAT CAN ACTUALLY BE PROFITABLE!

WHEN CAN I PREORDER
CYPER

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:19:39 AM

The majority has been for sure yes, for the last week I have had plenty to catch up from loose ends and other work that's not KnC related that have been neglected in the interim. In any case no one has stopped pulling late nights to resolve issues, and multiple have cropped up along the way. Murphy has remained omnipresent, but all in all the work ethic here has been stella. With all due respect, I'm not about to get in a slanging match.

I am not in the "plenty" group then  Roll Eyes

Cypher you sent me a few wordy emails at a time when things became very busy, do not take it personally, I've helped you in the past, and tried to help you then, but have you any idea how much more active my PMs have become subsequent. People keep using me as a route to customer services, which I'm not. I try to help people because I'm kind, and good natured. Note: 'kind', not to be mistaken with 'nice', people abuse that. Not saying you are one of them, but your messages are now under a mountain of others, and I feel I have done more than enough favours unrewarded to be fair. Just being honest, I'm not asking for anything, my time is limited now, and I have been doing a lot more unaknowledged work in ensuring everyone gets a what they want. Nico's (Jelin1984) miner was one I repaired and he should now be v.happy. There have been multiple others, on top of a plethora of other things I have been doing behind the scenes. Most here have had multiple roles subsequent as others take priority over fixing issues that are greater cause for concern as, and when.

I see you mentioning this for a 2nd time, which puzzles me. It sounds like: you haven't donated anything to me, so that is why you deserve less from my attention  Huh

Nope never said that. You're putting words in my mouth. As I said before please don't mistake kindness, for niceness. I'm not customer services, they have people for that. But after everything I have done, people are either demanding, or nasty, some have been ultra cool, but for my time is worth, a handful have tipped me a few beers, that's it's, in total, aside Bargraphics 1BTC, it's pretty sad isn't it thinking about it? yet now many demand attention through PMs. I've never asked for anything, I'm not greedy, but there's only so much time in the day. Honestly, and to say I'm a little miffed at how a lot of this forum has treated me is an understatement.

As I said before, personally all things considered, no bias, I've been amazed at how they have coped. Murphy, and 'competitors' have thrown as much shit as they could to see what sticks, and the guys (and girls) at KnC have risen above it, rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. I think shipping is now complete I believe. This is still nuts, they've taken a huge risk raising funds, risked their credibility to deliver on millions of non-recurring engineering costs with a bleeding edge tech of a typical 24month R&D phase and produced it in a little over 4 months. That's the fastest 28nm concept to manufacture, ever, in any industry. Sure there has been some smoothing out, and yes it delayed them completing shipping by two weeks. Note a real two weeks, but as I predicted prior your 'closest' competition appeared to be hiding truths from you all along. There's a comfortable amount of competition free mining time ahead whilst they are delayed, on top of which Avalon never delivered the hashrate they promised, so there is in fact less competition currently to boot. All along I have been insulted, abused, and a caused of lying for pointing out and reasoning honest common sense advice as I saw it.

KnC have more customer service staff starting over the next week, or two and can concentrate on being more active on their forum, but the focus currently always has been delivery of physical products, and firmware that has the devices performing stable at promised spec, which remember for the most part was between 250, and 400 Gh/s for Jupiter. Bare in mind their CS staff have to be fluent in multiple languages, as well as an understanding of Bitcoin, and have to learn the CRM software quick. The staff here are superb, and it would make their lives a hell of a lot easier if people took the time to do simple searches to simple problems and allow them to deal with those that genuinely require assistance. I've actually gone through a lot of the returned equipment at points personally, and there is little wrong with it. Many boards genuinely just needed a firmware patch and to enable cores. There's quite a few bricked beagle ones coming back because people are listening to bad advice about how to upgrade CGMiner and are deleting root files. Some a sending back full Jupiters with working hashing modules as opposed to firing up each one individually and pre determining which module is poor, if one exists.

No ones claiming to be perfect, extreme speed to market, and extreme perfection was never an option, thats's why margins existed. Perfection will come as the product and the issues become more recognised by KnC as well as customers, otherwise you can wait the standard 18-24 months it takes for product refinement at this die shrink. You were one of the last to order from the October batch, you product will arrive tomo possibly, you have a superb firmware that's now stable, and a lot less competition than expected for the foreseeable future.

Tehfriend, noted...

Maybe I should just be happy that I'm getting my miners albeit a 2 weeks delay that amounts to at least 10BTC of lost profits per miner.
It is so hard to turn a blind eye to this plethora of false claims, misinformation, and non-equal treatment of customers, but I'm trying.
It is as hard as seeing and believing how non-biased you claim to be...

It's so great I paid with a CC Cool
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 09:31:46 AM

Maybe I should just be happy that I'm getting my miners albeit a 2 weeks delay that amounts to at least 10BTC of lost profits per miner.
It is so hard to turn a blind eye to this plethora of false claims, misinformation, and non-equal treatment of customers, but I'm trying.
It is as hard as seeing and believing how non-biased you claim to be...

It's so great I paid with a CC Cool

Technically, unless you have a day1/2 order or ordered after they said they'd deliver all October orders by October 15th, they're not late.

btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that I have released BertMod 0.3 :
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/13938-bertmod-0-3-unofficial-firmware-mod-feedback-thread

It now includes bfgminer from Nov 1st !

Happy mining
uski

btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:15:00 AM

It seems no one is interested in external binaries any more, but just in case they are, here is a binary for the knc devices based off the latest cgminer 3.7.0 code. There are no performance advantages for knc devices but there are networking and work scheduling fixes for people that have had issues (eg difficulty connecting to eligius or system stopping work entirely). As per previously, you'll have to ssh into and copy the binary to your device to run it.
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer

and
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-61

btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 12:07:22 AM by btc_uzr

It seems no one is interested in external binaries any more, but just in case they are, here is a binary for the knc devices based off the latest cgminer 3.7.0 code. There are no performance advantages for knc devices but there are networking and work scheduling fixes for people that have had issues (eg difficulty connecting to eligius or system stopping work entirely). As per previously, you'll have to ssh into and copy the binary to your device to run it.
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer

Bugfix update to 3.7.1. Same download location.

Why cgminer 3.7.1 does not run for me
.??
Dud binary, my bad, reuploading...

EDIT: Re-uploaded as v3.7.2

Tehfiend

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:29:35 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63!!!

"Unbeknown to the community we are currently developing the next generation product in 20nm/16nm process with Alchip, and we have much more to offer our customers, both past and future with respect to our mantra of under promising, and over delivering, none of which we could have delivered upon alone."
Scoobypup

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:14:36 AM

"Unbeknown to the community we are currently developing the next generation product in 20nm/16nm process with Alchip, and we have much more to offer our customers, both past and future with respect to our mantra of under promising, and over delivering, none of which we could have delivered upon alone."

Yeah, but that same article states, "The design offers the industry’s leading performance (576Gh/s) and power consumption (under 1w/Gh/s at the wall)...". They may state that they "offer" that performance, but they haven't exactly delivered it. My Jupiters aren't meeting either of those specs and neither are a lot of other customers.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:58:02 AM

boldness in the air this morning.

If memory serves DeathAndTexas said that anything lower than 28nm will take almost two years before hitting the market and I have no reasons to doubt it, well a part from Alchip saying that they are working on 20/16nm tech for the next knc gen miners. Smiley 

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:15:08 PM

Thank you very much sickpig
 Smiley

-----
Alchip, AST & KnCMiner AB
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63

press release from our partners AST & Alchip the original can be found here
http://www.alchip.com/news_01.php?id=128

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:50:11 PM

Thank you very much sickpig
 Smiley

-----
Alchip, AST & KnCMiner AB
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63

press release from our partners AST & Alchip the original can be found here
http://www.alchip.com/news_01.php?id=128

you're welcome Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: